Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

but, does flashing JB from recovery require a wipe? I'm not rooted, so I don't have the TB option.

If I can just hold on for a few more weeks, I feel the JB RUU will be released and it won't require a full wipe.

(but I could be wrong)

I will most likely root after JB for the wifi tether alone for my HP touchpad tablet on future camping trips.

I wiped prior to installing the first leak, but then didn't wipe when I upgraded to a later leak. I don't think a wipe is requires. You just need to Odin in the appropriate recovery.

Did you go ftom h to one of the previous modems? I had done that and had problems. Went back to stock then straight to h and all was good. :D

Sent from Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean

Yea. I flashed LIG modem on LIH build and it doesnt hold LTE very well. I was thinking about flashing the old LI3 ICS modem, but I dont know if that will even work....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using JB 4.1.1

Yea. I flashed LIG modem on LIH build and it doesnt hold LTE very well. I was thinking about flashing the old LI3 ICS modem, but I dont know if that will even work....

It should work fine. I believe the modems and ROMs are completely independent of each other.

• Like 1

Yea. I flashed LIG modem on LIH build and it doesnt hold LTE very well. I was thinking about flashing the old LI3 ICS modem, but I dont know if that will even work...

That's funny because I found LIH modem to be flaky cutting my 3g speeds horribly, but flashing LIG modem on the LIH build is solid. Fastest 3g speeds I have ever seen and I keep LTE more often than on any other modem from LI3 and older or the new leaked LIF or LIH modems. So the LIH build with LIG modem is rock solid with me. Been running it since it came out with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's funny because I found LIH modem to be flaky cutting my 3g speeds horribly' date=' but flashing LIG modem on the LIH build is solid. Fastest 3g speeds I have ever seen and I keep LTE more often than on any other modem from LI3 and older or the new leaked LIF or LIH modems. So the LIH build with LIG modem is rock solid with me. Been running it since it came out with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

Well it wont latch onto 4G when I go into an area where I have had it before. Ibhave to cycle airplane mode when I have not had to do that in the past.....

Well it wont latch onto 4G when I go into an area where I have had it before. Ibhave to cycle airplane mode when I have not had to do that in the past.....

You made certain the Sprint optimizer was off?

I have found that on this leak that people are reporting the optimizer being checked every time they go into it to turn it off, and and then for others this wasn't happening at all.

You made certain the Sprint optimizer was off?

I have found that on this leak that people are reporting the optimizer being checked every time they go into it to turn it off, and and then for others this wasn't happening at all.

I highly recommend turning the sprint optimizer off. There is nothing like driving around and using Google Navigation or a collision avoidance app like iOnroad or Waze and having a damn mcdonalds wifi or other obnoxious hotspot browser window pop up because you happen to drive by it. I'm sure at some point this will lead to LITERAL drive-by malware infections because of the autoconnect feature. TSK TSK

I highly recommend turning the sprint optimizer off. There is nothing like driving around and using Google Navigation or a collision avoidance app like iOnroad or Waze and having a damn mcdonalds wifi or other obnoxious hotspot browser window pop up because you happen to drive by it. I'm sure at some point this will lead to LITERAL drive-by malware infections because of the autoconnect feature. TSK TSK

Completely agree. It was just saying this leak seems like it is either hard to keep it off or is turning itself back on. I have not had this problem but others were.

Turned it off and it hasn't turned itself on since. My WiFi will of course autoconnect to my home network when I'm here, and it will let me know when a WiFi network is available, but it's a notification, not an in-your-face "GIVE ME WIFI NAO!!!1!" thing.

/me needs to swap out radios sometime soon

Galaxy S III on sale for $99 sunday, the 14th only. It's at Best Buy and they only have the 16 gig.

Hmm... You going to make me swap out my Evo lte and give it to my other line? Hmmmmm

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Galaxy S III on sale for $99 sunday, the 14th only. It's at Best Buy and they only have the 16 gig.

I just got one today. I love that they will refund the difference. ;)

• Like 1