Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

The Galaxy S3 is $29.99 for add-a-line from Amazon right now. I'm thinking about getting one so that I can plot Sensorly.

Excellent phone to do it with!

Sent from my little Note2

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Better than the Note 2?

<br />Why not

If I don't keep the service up for 181 days they will charge me $400, so I'll look into going to a Sprint corporate store and see what deal I can get there.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If I don't keep the service up for 181 days they will charge me $400, so I'll look into going to a Sprint corporate store and see what deal I can get there.

Next time you're in Southern California, buy a used S3 on Craigslist. You could probably lowball someone down below $250. Sell it when the Note 3 comes out and use that money towards your upgrade.

Next time you're in Southern California, buy a used S3 on Craigslist. You could probably lowball someone down below $250. Sell it when the Note 3 comes out and use that money towards your upgrade.

Too much for me to spend on a phone just to use for Sensorly contributions. My primary is an iPhone, and I'm not giving it up. But thanks for the idea.

Josh bleeds Apple flavored blood though... he needs to move to NYC ;)

• Like 1

Is there a way to make it look like a normal plain android phone?

When its grey, it looks like it really isn't connected to the Google servers.

How am I supposed to know if the network connection is good and usable?

For example I'm connected to an Airave, which doesn't work very often.

I used the blue colour to indicate when I can send txt/calls too.

U are talking bout vanilla android. The bars are grey on any touchwiz phone or rom. Tw and vanilla are two different skins.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

There is no comparison with the Gnex. What a horrible phone that Sprint let through the labs.

Hey bro chill out on the Gnex hating. Because I'm quite content on this until either the g4 or the next sprint nexus comes out. Now the evo haha man talk bout problems lol.

Hey bro chill out on the Gnex hating. Because I'm quite content on this until either the g4 or the next sprint nexus comes out. Now the evo haha man talk bout problems lol.

I would take the EVO LTE over the gnex any day of the week. Sensorly map pollution makes my hate for the phone grow more and more every time I see it.

I would take the EVO LTE over the gnex any day of the week. Sensorly map pollution makes my hate for the phone grow more and more every time I see it.

At least I my Gnex can grab a signal and didn't need umteen updates for proper multitasking lol. That and slow updates make me dislike htc

At least I my Gnex can grab a signal and didn't need umteen updates for proper multitasking lol. That and slow updates make me dislike htc

You're lucky your Gnex has been so reliable. Mine was nothing but trash, and the fact that I had 2 bad ones in a row makes me hate Nexus branded devices. I would have been much happier with the Galaxy S3 if I had to stay Android.

As someone who has owned the Galaxy Nexus, the Evo LTE and the GS3 the Nexus easily is the worst performer of all 3. No contest, not even close. The Nexus is not even in the same category as the other 2 in regards to radio performance. Add in the abysmal battery performance and it gets even worse.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I had so many problems with RF performance on the GNex, that your point is not brag worthy. The EVO LTE and GNex are very poor RF performers. And the GNex is way worse on 1x and EVDO than the EVO LTE.

Considering both are bad RF performers, most people would rather have the EVO for the superior specs and battery life. The Sprint GNex was a seriously flawed device. I had a love/hate thing for mine. Loved vanilla android, hated nearly everything else.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I had so many problems with RF performance on the GNex, that your point is not brag worthy. The EVO LTE and GNex are very poor RF performers. And the GNex is way worse on 1x and EVDO than the EVO LTE.

Considering both are bad RF performers, most people would rather have the EVO for the superior specs and battery life. The Sprint GNex was a seriously flawed device. I had a love/hate thing for mine. Loved vanilla android, hated nearly everything else.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I seriously don't see the bad radio performance you guys speak of. I'm not talking in denial trust me because the ns4g was horrible. But its bad when I'm dead smack in a sprint store and my Gnex reads 90 dBm lte and the evo couldn't even connect. But I agree about battery life that's why I carry 2 batteries.

I seriously don't see the bad radio performance you guys speak of. I'm not talking in denial trust me because the ns4g was horrible. But its bad when I'm dead smack in a sprint store and my Gnex reads 90 dBm lte and the evo couldn't even connect. But I agree about battery life that's why I carry 2 batteries.

The galaxy nexus was the worst RF performing smartphone i had ever used. It did perform well in NYC last summer with ultra tight cell spacing, but back home it was unable to hold a constant signal, and gave me fits while making calls or trying to access any data on EVDO.

That said, i have the GS3 now and it performs like a new device after flashing the MC3 build. Similiar side by side performance with an iPhone 5...which i considered the crown jewel on Sprint; along with the Note 2.

The galaxy nexus was the worst RF performing smartphone i had ever used. It did perform well in NYC last summer with ultra tight cell spacing, but back home it was unable to hold a constant signal, and gave me fits while making calls or trying to access any data on EVDO.

That said, i have the GS3 now and it performs like a new device after flashing the MC3 build. Similiar side by side performance with an iPhone 5...which i considered the crown jewel on Sprint; along with the Note 2.

That's the work of that horrible VIA branded cdma chipset. Absolute garbage.

If you live in an area with a sprint site on every corner then maybe the phone would work well.

Idk bout every corner but Chicago does have a lot of sprint sites lol.

Edited by mellimel2212