Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

I was looking on my wife's phone and LTE is turned on and everything but when you go to ##data, view, then advanced and scroll down it shows LTE is disabled. I toggled the lte mode off and on but still shows disabled. My note 2 shows enabled. What does others show?

Sent from a little old Note 2

Mine also shows disabled. Never checked it when connected to LTE, I would imagine it would say enabled?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1356431221421.jpg

I was looking on my wife's phone and LTE is turned on and everything but when you go to ##data, view, then advanced and scroll down it shows LTE is disabled. I toggled the lte mode off and on but still shows disabled. My note 2 shows enabled. What does others show?

Mine shows LTE Disabled, and this is on a phone that is receiving LTE now and has been for months.

Also shows Home SID as 4139 which is not correct as I am in Wash/Baltimore SID area 4195. Not sure if that is any issue at all, but it makes you wonder. I see no 800 meg service even though the PRL for Wash/Baltimore allows it.

Ok, cool I have used LTE on her phone before but wasn't sure something got messed. I appreciate you guys checking.

Home SID on all Sprint phones is 4139 and is absolutely useless. Sprint doesn't charge you extra roaming or long distance charges when you leave your home market. So this feature is not needed.

You may not be around a 800mhz enabled site. When connected you will be connected to a 22xxx SID as noted in the debug engineering screens.

• Like 2

Maybe it only shows enabled when actively connected.

I am streaming "Renegade Radio Nashville" on the TuneIn Radio app over 4G. The 4g ICON is blinking with the streaming.. I still show LTE disabled in the advanced section.

Maybe it only shows enabled when actively connected.

My LG Viper always showed disabled too. But my Nexus shows enabled and I'm nowhere near any LTE towers.

ForumRunner_20121225_132557.png

[ATTACH]1502[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

I would like to point out these hash code menus are often incomplete, have outdated info, broken links, features that have not been implemented, etc. so the fact that some phones have additional/missing/unused information is not weird at all. There are hash code menus embedded in the Android dialer that Sprint requires that aren't even in use anymore because they are deprecated by newer tools. It is dead code that simply tags along because it takes up so little space and simply tearing it out could cause other issues that aren't readily apparent. Any time code is edited it runs a risk of causing a regression somewhere else.

These menus are not meant for an average user to have access to, and most are not used on a daily basis in troubleshooting (i.e. Service & Repair stores or Technical Support).

I still cant believe they gave them away! Have a package on the way to me, apparently, for the note2.

The last time the fruit gave away bumpers was because, well, you know...

I think this was more of a generous holiday PR push to try to get more customers to buy the GS III and the Note II, because they aren't losing that much to give those out.

• 3 months later...

Are the signal bars supposed to be grey?

I thought they were supposed to be blue, like on the Gnex.

Is there a way to disable the brightness control on the status bar pull down?

What does roaming guard actually do? Does it just give you a 'are you sure you want to make this call' message?

Is there a way to make it look like a normal plain android phone?

When its grey, it looks like it really isn't connected to the Google servers.

How am I supposed to know if the network connection is good and usable?

For example I'm connected to an Airave, which doesn't work very often.

I used the blue colour to indicate when I can send txt/calls too.

Yep, that is the issue I'm having.

Wifi is off.

I had the grey signal bars full, but couldn't make a call over the airave, no data worked.

Rebooted phone. The 3g icon appears now.

It seems like no phone works as expected or desired. :(

Excellent phone to do it with!

Sent from my little Note2

And only an extra $9/mo to have it on my account. By fall I can pay the ETF, so I'll be fine with it.

I have found the phone to very zippy, it does need the 2GB ram because of all Samsung bloat running.

I haven't seen it get laggy either.

The signal strengths are quite a bit better than the Gnex.

There is a lot I don't like about the phone, but a lot I do. I should've just got this phone instead the Gnex originally. :)

I have found the phone to very zippy, it does need the 2GB ram because of all Samsung bloat running.

I haven't seen it get laggy either.

The signal strengths are quite a bit better than the Gnex.

There is a lot I don't like about the phone, but a lot I do. I should've just got this phone instead the Gnex originally. :)

I was forced into the Gnex thru peer pressure. I should have just stayed with the LG Viper. I'll be canceling that line soon anyway, so getting the GS 3 will be a good addition to my collection. If I had a number to port in to Sprint, I would go thru Sprint proper and get my $100 port in credit.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2