Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

So I was outside yesterday and connected to B41! It was for a very brief time and I couldn't tell if it was from the Stough/49 tower or the 49/485 tower but something's definitely going on with the testing of that equipment. The only reason I knew was because LTE Discovery beeped at me (couldn't see the GCI in time). Just something for the Harrisburg-area folks to keep an eye on. :tu:

So I was outside yesterday and connected to B41! It was for a very brief time and I couldn't tell if it was from the Stough/49 tower or the 49/485 tower but something's definitely going on with the testing of that equipment. The only reason I knew was because LTE Discovery beeped at me (couldn't see the GCI in time). Just something for the Harrisburg-area folks to keep an eye on. :tu:

I think I caught some 8T8R equipment in testing last night, but I was also kicked off before I could confirm. The GCI was different and Signalcheck was reporting regular B25 but according to other users it can be inaccurate with 8T8Rs. I was off of the site before I could check the debug screen.

I think I caught some 8T8R equipment in testing last night, but I was also kicked off before I could confirm. The GCI was different and Signalcheck was reporting regular B25 but according to other users it can be inaccurate with 8T8Rs. I was off of the site before I could check the debug screen.

Which tower were you at?

Anyone else having data issues today? Lost data in the Matthews area around 12:30. Stayed down there all the way down 51 to albemarle road, then all the way to Midland. 4g or 3g, strong or weak signal. Persisted through airplane cycle and reboot. On both my g3 and my husband's g2. Never seen anything like that!

I actually noticed what appeared to be an 8t8r site on one of my beta testers logs taken from the same day in Charlotte!  Looks like you guys are about to get some 8t8r love.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

B26 LTE is starting to light up around Catawba County.  LTE Discovery logs show it started popping up around October 3rd, 2014.

It's just in time too!  Since the iPhone 6 launched, B25 LTE has slowed to less than 3Mb/s during peak times.  Hopefully it won't take long for Sprint to optimize the sites and get power increased so we get some decent in-building coverage.  Valley Hills Mall always falls back to 3G on Carolina West Wireless.

B26 LTE is starting to light up around Catawba County.  LTE Discovery logs show it started popping up around October 3rd, 2014.

It's just in time too!  Since the iPhone 6 launched, B25 LTE has slowed to less than 3Mb/s during peak times.  Hopefully it won't take long for Sprint to optimize the sites and get power increased so we get some decent in-building coverage.  Valley Hills Mall always falls back to 3G on Carolina West Wireless.

On my way home from Boone this weekend, I picked up Band 41 in Lenoir. Whilst in Boone I picked up band 26 & 41 near the intersection of King & 321. 

On my commute to work Rocky river rd, 485 to 85 to 77, I'm connected to band 26 most of the way.

• Like 2

On my way home from Boone this weekend, I picked up Band 41 in Lenoir. Whilst in Boone I picked up band 26 & 41 near the intersection of King & 321. 

On my commute to work Rocky river rd, 485 to 85 to 77, I'm connected to band 26 most of the way.

The App State students will be very happy with both!  I have been looking on the Catawba County Permit site for any Sprint activity and so far, nothing new since earlier this year with some generators being replaced.  We aren't to the point of absolutely needing B41, but it would be nice to help ease the burden off of B25 for Single Band LTE customers.

• Like 1

On my way home from Boone this weekend, I picked up Band 41 in Lenoir. Whilst in Boone I picked up band 26 & 41 near the intersection of King & 321.

Sweet!!! I'll be up there in a few weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading the fine print here and there. Does the unlimited my way plan get throttled? Or is it just the iPhone plan? I'm Trying to decide if they all get throttled or just some. Thanks.

My way can have video streaming limited to 1mbs if needed (its in TOS). Other than that it's just the standard if you're in the top 5% you can get throttled.

I've been reading the fine print here and there. Does the unlimited my way plan get throttled? Or is it just the iPhone plan? I'm Trying to decide if they all get throttled or just some. Thanks.

All current Sprint plans have the same throttling terms.  Only legacy plans before the My Way plans do not have those terms.

Do they have any throttling terms? I was only curious because of Verizon's recent announcement that they would not throttle unlimited lte users. Why would the fcc crack down on them an none of the other carriers? They all claim to use network optimization tactics at heart, yet it's obviou they would like to improve their revenue stream.

Do they have any throttling terms? I was only curious because of Verizon's recent announcement that they would not throttle unlimited lte users. Why would the fcc crack down on them an none of the other carriers? They all claim to use network optimization tactics at heart, yet it's obviou they would like to improve their revenue stream.

Sprint reserves the right to throttle the top 5% of users when they are connected to an overcapacity site.  When they leave the site or the site goes under the overcapacity threshold, the throttle goes away.

Ooooh I think I have Sprint 41 in my neighborhood, I'm somewhere between NoDa and Uptown. Outdoor and Indoor signal strengths on my Note 4. 

Nice.  Cannot wait until we get B41 in San Diego!  Many Lao folks have Sprint in NC?

Nice.  Cannot wait until we get B41 in San Diego!  Many Lao folks have Sprint in NC?

LOL, IDK, we might be the only Lao family with Sprint in the Charlotte area. We're actually part Lao though. 

Edited by Sabaidee

I'm picking up B26 in Indian Land right now, and the connection is steady, but it keeps trying to revert back to B25. I thought B26 won't happen in NC for awhile, but Indian Land is in our SC suburbs.

I'm picking up B26 in Indian Land right now, and the connection is steady, but it keeps trying to revert back to B25. I thought B26 won't happen in NC for awhile, but Indian Land is in our SC suburbs.

NC has had Band 26 for about 3 months now. Whatever issues Sprint was having with public safety has been worked out.

-Anthony

The Band 26 I've experienced has been really erratic.  It never holds, just goes back and forth between Band 25 and 26.  Even if Band 25 is weak.

Band 26 hasn't been optimized yet, so that is why we are experiencing that. Once optimized, we should be able to connect when we need Band 26 and stay connected until we don't need it anymore.

-Anthony

• Like 1