Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

I have noticed 1x800 more and more as I move around Charlotte and the surrounding area this is great anyone know when Charlotte will switch over to Sprint Spark for data connections?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Towerdragon
  • Like 1

I have noticed 1x800 more and more as I move around Charlotte and the surrounding area this is great anyone know when Charlotte will switch over to Sprint Spark for data connections?

Soon. New equipment is popping up everywhere. I don't know specifics though.

• Like 1

I hope the 800 upgrades start spreading up to the Huntersville area soon.  As long as one stays near I-77, things are pretty nice with at least a weak 4G in most areas.  Here in north Huntersville after you go east a mile or so away from I-77 however, it is tough to pull anything beyond weak 3G on my LG G2, and on Sammy S4.  We can only muster about -105dbm or less on either 1xRTT or eHRPD near our house in that area.  The inside signals at my home in a busy neighborhood are awful as always.  I called and they said H-ville was receiving updates in April, but here in June that appears to not have occurred yet.   

Also at IBM Drive (near Harris Blvd), it seems that the 4G is weaker there over the past month as I believe the 4G has been turned off at the Tower there and can only be received over near the Hilton hotel area.  At IBM, one mostly falls back to the very slow 3G now, so not sure if they are still doing updates there too.  

I believe it was posted somewhere but does anyone remember if there is a site map showing the outsourced vendor responsible for updating the particular regions, such as Ericsson, Samsung, etc?  This site is large so I am having trouble finding the locations.   

1x800 is turned back off today. =(

Is this the map you're talking about?

s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/29-network-vision-partner-map/

gallery_1_2_2959.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Edited by djw39

1x800 is turned back off today. =(

Is this the map you're talking about?

s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/29-network-vision-partner-map/

gallery_1_2_2959.jpg

I'm still pulling 1X800 as of right now. It's been a lot of on/off though. It's been messing with my data connection like crazy.

I hope the 800 upgrades start spreading up to the Huntersville area soon.  As long as one stays near I-77, things are pretty nice with at least a weak 4G in most areas.  Here in north Huntersville after you go east a mile or so away from I-77 however, it is tough to pull anything beyond weak 3G on my LG G2, and on Sammy S4.  We can only muster about -105dbm or less on either 1xRTT or eHRPD near our house in that area.  The inside signals at my home in a busy neighborhood are awful as always.  I called and they said H-ville was receiving updates in April, but here in June that appears to not have occurred yet.   

Also at IBM Drive (near Harris Blvd), it seems that the 4G is weaker there over the past month as I believe the 4G has been turned off at the Tower there and can only be received over near the Hilton hotel area.  At IBM, one mostly falls back to the very slow 3G now, so not sure if they are still doing updates there too.  

I really hate to burst your bubble (and everyone in this thread that's not a premier), but North Carolina will not get any 800 LTE until further notice. Our state public safety organizations have been using spectrum inside of Sprint's 800 LTE range and successfully petitioned the FCC for a time extention to ease the transition to their own proper spectrum awhile back. The good news is that we will get LTE 800 at some point. The bad news is we don't know when. I've heard "end of Summer" tossed around, but it could be (and likely will be) longer than that.

But remember that Spark 2600 LTE is still going to light up very soon.

• Like 4

I really hate to burst your bubble (and everyone in this thread that's not a premier), but North Carolina will not get any 800 LTE until further notice. Our state public safety organizations have been using spectrum inside of Sprint's 800 LTE range and successfully petitioned the FCC for a time extention to ease the transition to their own proper spectrum awhile back. The good news is that we will get LTE 800 at some point. The bad news is we don't know when. I've heard "end of Summer" tossed around, but it could be (and likely will be) longer than that.

But remember that Spark 2600 LTE is still going to light up very soon.

Mmm sounds like you're saying I can wait and see what the next Moto phone looks like before upgrading

Mmm sounds like you're saying I can wait and see what the next Moto phone looks like before upgrading

Pretty much. I was ready to buy the X myself until I heard it wasn't tri-band. Maybe this year.  :)

Seeing consistent 1x800 in my neighborhood now, south Charlotte close to Matthews. Signal is around -100. Will that be enough to allow us to ditch the airave? And do you think LTE-800 will reach out here judging by that signal strength?

I'm surprised this was never answered. I guess it's hidden at the bottom of the page. Anyways, maybe for both questions. If optimization has not been done yet for 1x800, probably yes for both.

I'm surprised this was never answered. I guess it's hidden at the bottom of the page. Anyways, maybe for both questions. If optimization has not been done yet for 1x800, probably yes for both.

I would lean towards saying it's not optimized yet as it seems like we're in a pattern where it's on for a couple of days, then off again for a few days. And nothing on the S4GRU update list yet of course. So, could be good.

• Like 1

Anyone get LTE in the Ballantyne area?  I frequent that area and I never get LTE.  Yesterday I when to Indian Land, SC to fill up with some cheap gas ( :D) and got LTE there, which was only 1 mile away.

I get LTE along US 521 often. I used to able to get a decent LTE along Fort Mill Highway up to the Honeywell location, and where those new apartments are being put up, but within the past two months, nothing at all. 

Anyone get LTE in the Ballantyne area? I frequent that area and I never get LTE. Yesterday I when to Indian Land, SC to fill up with some cheap gas ( :D) and got LTE there, which was only 1 mile away.

Unfortunately, there are still some towers in that area that don't have fiber yet. I encourage you to become a sponsor to see exactly which towers don't have fiber yet (and to support this site), but regardless the problem should be fixed soon. We're at the point that Sprint really needs to start cracking the whip at their contractors that have failed to deliver.
  • Like 1

Found a site in Kannapolis that has 8T8R panels on it I believe. I was driving home from FoxFire lanes and saw it the site on Route 29 at Dale Earnhardt Blvd. Don't know if it is broadcasting, as I have a dual band device. I doubt it though, considering all our other 8T8R sites that we have found currently are not. I would like to go take pics, but I'm not too sure if I'll be able to get around to it.

-Anthony

Found another site with 8T8R on it! Sprint site along Ridge Road (for those of us who live near/frequent often to Concord Mills, its the road you are on if you take the back way to the mall) that is a freestanding site that only has 1 set of panels on it has 8T8R panels on it!

-Anthony

• Like 2

A heads up. I'll be starting to take in info on permits and equipment installations and putting them on a map.

I will require proof before putting them on the map be it pictures or the permits themselves. Just saying so and so had equipment that you saw is not enough.

• Like 1

Everywhere that I have been in Charlotte is still band 25 come on sprint

Charlotte has B41 stuff all over the place! It just hasn't been activated yet. Let's hope both that and LTE 800 gets activated soon. Also, is everyone OK after that storm? It blew out one of my motherboards. Which is actually a good thing, as I finally have an excuse to upgrade that piece of crap.

The only thing I heard of in Cabarrus county was the light at S&D coffee blinking for some time...which can't be good, as that's a big intersection that's angled awkwardly. Did anyone ever figure out if the tower at Morehead & 49 in Harrisburg was getting any Sprint equipment. I still don't know who's got service on the tower on Pitts School road near Pitts Elementary. It looks like it's on the property of the dump, so there's no telling what the physical address is to look up permits. :wacko:

I used to rent a house on Lincrest Pl which is in the news basically every time it rains, it's right along McMullen creek and floods routinely. Happy to be on higher ground.

Can't speak to LTE, but still seems day to day if 1x800 is on or off in Charlotte. My sense is that it is really helpful for phone "strain" and should improve battery life and thermals. But it's not like I've tested anything scientifically.

• Like 1

The only thing I heard of in Cabarrus county was the light at S&D coffee blinking for some time...which can't be good, as that's a big intersection that's angled awkwardly. Did anyone ever figure out if the tower at Morehead & 49 in Harrisburg was getting any Sprint equipment. I still don't know who's got service on the tower on Pitts School road near Pitts Elementary. It looks like it's on the property of the dump, so there's no telling what the physical address is to look up permits. :wacko:

This past Sunday I experienced 1x800 from Freedom House Church on Salome Ch rd, all the way to Aldi store on hwy 49. Only usable LTE I experienced was at the rail crossing @ Robinson CH rd, all the way to the Harris Teeter @ Rocky River and 485.

On another note... Looks like 1x800 is now available @ Truliant CU @ back creek rd and Wt Harris, I could never make a call from there