Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

What device is this? Are you running a modified ROM? I see you have the spark logo, but also have both voice and data simultaneously which is impossible on a triband device.

HTC one m7 , custom Rom, not triband. Unfortunately.????

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I had my buddy run signal check on his G2, looks like 1x800 cluster launch in NC, he is in Kannapolis.

I'm right between 2 towers in Kannapolis on the Cabarrus county side...I rolled off PRL 502 yesterday and on to the stock one, rebooted my EVO 4G, and haven't seen a bit of 800 from the house all the way down to Harris Blvd last night or today. Is your buddy on the Rowan county side of Kannapolis? I don't pick up on the tower that far north on 29.

I'm still curious to see if Sprint's going to be on that tower they're building off Pitts School Rd... that one has the potential to serve a good bit of Harrisburg.

I'm right between 2 towers in Kannapolis on the Cabarrus county side...I rolled off PRL 502 yesterday and on to the stock one, rebooted my EVO 4G, and haven't seen a bit of 800 from the house all the way down to Harris Blvd last night or today. Is your buddy on the Rowan county side of Kannapolis? I don't pick up on the tower that far north on 29.

I'm still curious to see if Sprint's going to be on that tower they're building off Pitts School Rd... that one has the potential to serve a good bit of Harrisburg.

Keep in mind that unless its necessary it should not always connect to 1x800, I will ask him his address anyway to find out for sure what area to expect it.

I really hope they put equipment on that tower. Harrisburg shouldn't need to have 800 LTE activated on the surrounding towers in order to have ANY LTE at all.

There isn't even a single Sprint tower in Harrisburg. There are a couple Clearwire towers, and some old Nextel towers, but other than that, the Sprint signal you receive is from surrounding towers in Charlotte and Concord.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I really hope they put equipment on that tower. Harrisburg shouldn't need to have 800 LTE activated on the surrounding towers in order to have ANY LTE at all.

There isn't even a single Sprint tower in Harrisburg. There are a couple Clearwire towers, and some old Nextel towers, but other than that, the Sprint signal you receive is from surrounding towers in Charlotte and Concord.

-Anthony

It is really pathetic with 1 or 2 towers at Morehead/49 and another at Rocky River/Lower Rocky River. Having coverage on those 2 locations alone would provide a TON of coverage for Harrisburg.

Nexgencpu, I was using custom PRL 502, which should act like a stock PRL, IIRC from the description in the thread, and I would connect to 800 quite a bit with that, so I still have my doubts.

Edited by unccjester
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that unless its necessary it should not always connect to 1x800, I will ask him his address anyway to find out for sure what area to expect it.

I did pick up on 1x800 while at the Gem theatre...I was pulling it from the tower out Hwy 3, toward Mooresville...I'm also pulling 800 off Harris Blvd and 85 too. Still not getting 800 off the other Kannapolis towers at Lane St & 85 or Hwy 29 & Hwy 3.

• 2 weeks later...

-Anthony

So this is odd... SignalCheck is giving me the rough address of that tower off Pitts School that's still being built when I'm in the area, but there's no equipment on the tower and the signal strength is caca... I also get the rough address of the tower off Pitts School & 29 when I'm in the area, so there's differentiation between the locations... Very strange. :wacko:  

So this is odd... SignalCheck is giving me the rough address of that tower off Pitts School that's still being built when I'm in the area, but there's no equipment on the tower and the signal strength is caca... I also get the rough address of the tower off Pitts School & 29 when I'm in the area, so there's differentiation between the locations... Very strange. :wacko:

Here's something interesting. If you happen to go past the AutoZone on Highway 49 at Morehead road, look at the second from the top rack of the tower right there. It looks like a 1900/800 panel and a 8t8r Band 41 panel have been added to the tower. I think Sprint may have changed that to a full NV tower. If so, it is not broadcasting, yet. Hope to find out soon!

-Anthony

Here's something interesting. If you happen to go past the AutoZone on Highway 49 at Morehead road, look at the second from the top rack of the tower right there. It looks like a 1900/800 panel and a 8t8r Band 41 panel have been added to the tower. I think Sprint may have changed that to a full NV tower. If so, it is not broadcasting, yet. Hope to find out soon!

-Anthony

I hope they put equipment up there, they've never had it on that tower before.

• Like 1

-Anthony

I think U're right. Looks to me like one sector of band 41 and three that Clearwire installed a few years back. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a new site E-SE of Taylorsville off of Church Rd. (CLT Market), however it no longer appears on network.sprint.com.  It was in the oddest of places too with no major roads nearby and very rural.  Seeing that new site pop up gave me some hope that Sprint is starting to add new sites.  I just don't see further proof of it.

I was looking at the coverage map for CLT on Sprint's website and it says the whole city has LTE.  Also the sensorly maps show that, but I'm not sure why my phone connects to 3G more than haft the time even though I am outside.

I was looking at the coverage map for CLT on Sprint's website and it says the whole city has LTE. Also the sensorly maps show that, but I'm not sure why my phone connects to 3G more than haft the time even though I am outside.

I agree that the maps are borderline fraudulent in this city. Anything that says "fair" you should interpret as "no signal".

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was looking at the coverage map for CLT on Sprint's website and it says the whole city has LTE. Also the sensorly maps show that, but I'm not sure why my phone connects to 3G more than haft the time even though I am outside.

I agree, and seems to mostly be the 'old' 3g, half the time cannot even check email, even with a strong signal.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I am seeing 1x800 uptown now and some new BSL addresses. Have also seen 1x800 in the Cotswold area. Hopefully this will help with handoffs through elevators/parking garages. Does anyone have a phone with LTE 800 bands? I don't know if those are active yet (still on the Optimus G myself).

Edited by djw39

-Anthony

Still no signs of real life from the tower you're talking about and nothing on the tower on Pitts School yet... seems like that one is just collecting dust at this point, as I've seen nothing new, structurally, happen to it in some time.

I can only assume that crews must be working hard on a massive 1X800 update because the Charlotte updates have been pretty lifeless lately as far as acceptance reports.

• Like 1

This is about typical for uptown, indoors, in the past six months at least. I assume the slower download than upload reflects bad situations with backhaul/network congestion?

qatujyju.jpg

This is about typical for uptown, indoors, in the past six months at least. I assume the slower download than upload reflects bad situations with backhaul/network congestion?

Has nothing to do with backhaul, When a site gets Accepted for LTE its ready with fiber, The one thing your market lacks is Band 26 which most markets are coming online now with. Once that's in place you will see a nice bump in coverage and speed. Also, the first signs of B41 towers were caught in the wild in NC. So there's plenty to look forward to in your market, just some minor set backs because of red tape with public safety still using the 800 frequency. 

• Like 1

I am lucky to be near a window Uptown and get b41, but was not expecting this speed test! When I have checked before the download has been in the upper 20's

bavy2aqu.jpg

But just head to the other side of the building and it slows way down.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I have retract my previous statement (to some degree) on the Pitts School road tower! I passed by it this morning and panels are going up as of this morning because they weren't going up yesterday! I can't tell whose panels they are and the tower is actually on the property of the dump, so I'm not sure there's a way to drive up to this one from Pitts School road (I'll have to double-check). Hopefully, Sprint's first on this one and that'll bring strong service to Harrisburg and the Roberta Rd corridor!

Edited by unccjester

I have retract my previous statement (to some degree) on the Pitts School road tower! I passed by it this morning and panels are going up as of this morning because they weren't going up yesterday! I can't tell whose panels they are and the tower is actually on the property of the dump, so I'm not sure there's a way to drive up to this one from Pitts School road (I'll have to double-check). Hopefully, Sprint's first on this one and that'll bring strong service to Harrisburg and the Roberta Rd corridor!

That's awesome! I'll probably swing by there today to take a look at it, because I live in Rocky River Crossing, and I can actually get a clear line of sight to that tower from my neighborhood. I'll take a look and see if there is any progress!

-Anthony

Seeing consistent 1x800 in my neighborhood now, south Charlotte close to Matthews. Signal is around -100. Will that be enough to allow us to ditch the airave? And do you think LTE-800 will reach out here judging by that signal strength?

• Like 1