Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

I'm picking up B26 in Indian Land right now, and the connection is steady, but it keeps trying to revert back to B25. I thought B26 won't happen in NC for awhile, but Indian Land is in our SC suburbs.

What about 88ers in indian land sc would that suprise you? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was flying out of Douglas airport the other day and LTE Discovery beeped at me that it locked on to a B41 signal which for one of the few times here in Charlotte it held on to...    I did a speed test with Sensorly and got a download speed at B41 at 26MB at the airport...  I was picking up the B41 outside the terminal...  Inside, I was still getting B25 and B26 on my Galaxy 5 and turned on my Hot Spot to use my tablet and got great speed with it inside...   Much faster than the airport free WIFI which would not even connect...

I've been getting some B41 connections in and around Myers Park but it doesn't hang on long at all...   This got me a good connection..

• Like 2

To those of us that saw the tower go up on Pitts School Road in Concord, just wanted to let you guys know the (disappointing) news, it's a T-Mobile tower :/

-Anthony

I figured it had to be T-Mobile since I know folks that have been by it with VzW, Sprint, and AT&T haven't seen a bit of difference in service. I'm hoping Sprint will also go up on that tower or at least on a tower somewhere over by Morehead and 49.

• Like 1

I figured it had to be T-Mobile since I know folks that have been by it with VzW, Sprint, and AT&T haven't seen a bit of difference in service. I'm hoping Sprint will also go up on that tower or at least on a tower somewhere over by Morehead and 49.

As am I. Since I live in Harrisburg, it'll greatly benefit me. (And everyone else with Sprint in this area)

-Anthony

This is the fastest result I have ever seen uptown but I'll have to try again in the middle of the day to see if it sticks

f0d346e0411fc0316a16544b45624a84.jpg

Edit: band 25, still rocking the LGOG

Edited by djw39

This is the fastest result I have ever seen uptown but I'll have to try again in the middle of the day to see if it sticks

Edit: band 25, still rocking the LGOG

Do you have plans to get a Triband device soon? The difference in a Triband market like Charlotte would be night and day better.

Do you have plans to get a Triband device soon? The difference in a Triband market like Charlotte would be night and day better.

I'll probably pick up a G2 once we are a triband market. As of now I am not aware of anything other than band 25 in the city. Am I missing something? (Not talking about "one tower out in concord".)

"Normal" speeds uptown continue to be ~0.25 Mbps down and that is what I am seeing today.

I'll probably pick up a G2 once we are a triband market. As of now I am not aware of anything other than band 25 in the city. Am I missing something? (Not talking about "one tower out in concord".)

"Normal" speeds uptown continue to be ~0.25 Mbps down and that is what I am seeing today.

There is both B41 and B26 around Charlotte. A lot of it. Hundreds of sites. Even just in the Charlotte Metro there are hundreds of sites with B26 and B41.

You are missing everything. I bet your speeds and signal would be better in 90%+ of the metro if you went to a Triband. And the newer the Triband device, the better. The first ones don't switch as well between bands and from 3G.

• Like 3

Yeah Robert is right. I have a 5S, and I pick up Band 26 all over the place. It's not exactly optimized yet, but where you get it, it works well. I actually haven't even seen more than a few places without it. And many of our other members in Charlotte and the surrounding areas will tell you that Band 41 is just as prevalent, if not more-so.

-Anthony

• Like 2

So do you guys think the G2 is not as good from a radio performance as newer phones like G3 or HTC M8? Price difference is kind of huge

Every new iteration of a Sprint Tri band phone is better than last, as Robert mentioned. I can vouch for this personally, G2's radio is ok, but the G3's is exceptional, definitely worth the extra investment.

I'm seeing B41 in the southern part of Hickory, NC on occasion.  According to Signal Check Pro, It is coming from the tower at Exit 126 right off of I-40.

Just wanted to update, I did pick up a G2. I can report Band 26 is active and fills in many coverage gaps in the neighborhoods south of uptown, north of rt 51. I also saw Band 41 on Independence Blvd near I 277, and got a speed test in with an impressive 27 Mbps down.

However, uptown towers do appear to still be Band 25 only and brutally slow. I have verified this with a coworker who is on the G3.

Mostly I am happy we are seeing LTE 800 as I know North Carolina had some regulatory delays with that. Looks like we are in the home stretch now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the Catawba County website, I know that the tower on my in-law's property, which is basically my backyard, is getting band 41 soon in Conover, right next to I-40 @ Exit 132.

Permit Approved: "Sprint proposes to add 3 antennas and fiber to tower; and batteries to existing equipment."  which has to be for B41 since NV 1.0 is complete on the site  :tu: 

http://inspector.catawbacountync.gov/Reports/Tidemark/rpermitdetail/CRHTML_76.0.157.119_76.0.157.119_rpermitdetail.rpt20150115103259.htm

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Trade & Tryon, inside the corp ctr

Holding steady on B26 in elevators/bathrooms as well

THIS IS AWESOME!

So there are some fully provisioned 8T8Rs uptown? I've only found one down here in south Charlotte.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...