Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

Anyone had a chance to compare the 6p reception to the moto Nexus 6? Also how's the battery life with the bigger battery?

Sent from my Nexus 6

On Tmo/AT&T Bands, the N6P is slightly better than the N6 in reception. Equal to the N5. Although it seems to hold on to B4 better than the N5. But WiFi speeds are noticeably faster on my N6P over the N6 and N5. And that's likely due to WiFi MIMO.

My N6P battery life seems on par with the N6 during active usage. I was hoping for more, but I have been using this thing heavily. But it kills the N6 in standby battery life and charge up speed. My N6P drops about 1% an hour in standby (with a good signal). It could go days just sitting there.

The charge up speed with my 5 amp car charger and a fast USB Type C cable is over 3% per minute. Sometimes even getting to 4pc/m. I can almost recharge completely in my 20 minute drive home (if I leave it alone). With the wall charger from Google, I hit a 2-3pc/m recharging. Which is ~40-45 minutes when completely dead to full charge.

The one thing that really hurts the battery though is standby on T-Mobile WiFi calling. It drops like 8-10% an hour on Tmo WiFi calling standby. And I don't know if that is normal, or because I'm using it an areas where Tmo has no signal at all.

Sent using Nexus 6P on Tapatalk

• Like 3

On Tmo/AT&T Bands, the N6P is slightly better than the N6 in reception. Equal to the N5. Although it seems to hold on to B4 better than the N5. But WiFi speeds are noticeably faster on my N6P over the N6 and N5. And that's likely due to WiFi MIMO.

My N6P battery life seems on par with the N6 during active usage. I was hoping for more, but I have been using this thing heavily. But it kills the N6 in standby battery life and charge up speed. My N6P drops about 1% an hour in standby (with a good signal). It could go days just sitting there.

The charge up speed with my 5 amp car charger and a fast USB Type C cable is over 3% per minute. Sometimes even getting to 4pc/m. I can almost recharge completely in my 20 minute drive home (if I leave it alone). With the wall charger from Google, I hit a 2-3pc/m recharging. Which is ~40-45 minutes when completely dead to full charge.

The one thing that really hurts the battery though is standby on T-Mobile WiFi calling. It drops like 8-10% an hour on Tmo WiFi calling standby. And I don't know if that is normal, or because I'm using it an areas where Tmo has no signal at all.

Thanks for your response. I've been considering selling my Nexus 6 and buying the 6p but since their isn't a major difference I think I'll stick with my Nexus 6. I like the design of the 6p though.

Sent from my Nexus 6

What car charger are you using? I found none that charged at the same voltage as the wall charger that came with the phone. Btw, I don't think your phone can actually charge faster than 5v/3a.

What car charger are you using? I found none that charged at the same voltage as the wall charger that came with the phone. Btw, I don't think your phone can actually charge faster than 5v/3a.

Not sure which one @S4GRU is using but here is one that is 3amp:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014F2NQ36/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1S09ZZMILS6ZN&coliid=I1T63MNRIDN7J5&psc=1

Edit: Also here is a battery pack with 3 amp out:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156HCJQO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1S09ZZMILS6ZN&coliid=I2AM2MM1220MAN

Various cables:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014UP40VU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1S09ZZMILS6ZN&coliid=I26WUW1BVRPUS8&psc=1

Edited by atg284

I just got my unlocked Huawei Nexus 6P from google. I tried activating it through the phone and tried to use the SIM out of my Nexus 6 and it did not work.  I called support and they said i would need to go into the store to get it activated correctly.  After going to the store the guy told me that sprint will not allow the device on the network. After being with their flaky service for the last 10 years, I decided that I will take my business to Google Project FI.  After calling customer service to cancel my contract, which consisted of 4 phones, the lady proceeded to try and get the phone on the network.  Since the phone did not come with a SIM, the lady went ahead and ordered me a SIM for the phone before I cancel my contract.  Has anyone else had any issues getting this phone on the sprint network?

• Like 1

Has anyone else had any issues getting this phone on the sprint network?

No, not really.  S4GRU has provided plenty of instructions on The Wall and in The Forums for obtaining the correct SIM and activating both the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P.

AJ

• Like 2

I just got my unlocked Huawei Nexus 6P from google. I tried activating it through the phone and tried to use the SIM out of my Nexus 6 and it did not work.  I called support and they said i would need to go into the store to get it activated correctly.  After going to the store the guy told me that sprint will not allow the device on the network. After being with their flaky service for the last 10 years, I decided that I will take my business to Google Project FI.  After calling customer service to cancel my contract, which consisted of 4 phones, the lady proceeded to try and get the phone on the network.  Since the phone did not come with a SIM, the lady went ahead and ordered me a SIM for the phone before I cancel my contract.  Has anyone else had any issues getting this phone on the sprint network?

Once you get the correct sim, you should not have any problems activating the phone.  I activated my 5X online without any interaction from Sprint.

I just got my unlocked Huawei Nexus 6P from google. I tried activating it through the phone and tried to use the SIM out of my Nexus 6 and it did not work. I called support and they said i would need to go into the store to get it activated correctly. After going to the store the guy told me that sprint will not allow the device on the network. After being with their flaky service for the last 10 years, I decided that I will take my business to Google Project FI. After calling customer service to cancel my contract, which consisted of 4 phones, the lady proceeded to try and get the phone on the network. Since the phone did not come with a SIM, the lady went ahead and ordered me a SIM for the phone before I cancel my contract. Has anyone else had any issues getting this phone on the sprint network?

Get the correct sim and you'll be fine!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I did not realize that I needed a new SIM, thanks for the heads up.

Google Sprint International chat and thru will be able to order one for you.

Sounds normal. My coworker disabled wifi calling on his T-Mobile iphone 6 after he was seeing ~10% battery drain an hour when at the edge of signal (in our work building).

• Like 1

Once you get the correct sim, you should not have any problems activating the phone.  I activated my 5X online without any interaction from Sprint.

I cant seem to find any information on the exact process of activating a nexus 6P on the Sprint network. I have the correct sim card in hand but am not clear if I have to call, web chat, or just plug in the sim. Sorry a bit new to the whole sim card thing as my S5 is my current and only phone I have ever had a sim car for.  :wacko:

Thanks for any info on this.

I cant seem to find any information on the exact process of activating a nexus 6P on the Sprint network. I have the correct sim card in hand but am not clear if I have to call, web chat, or just plug in the sim. Sorry a bit new to the whole sim card thing as my S5 is my current and only phone I have ever had a sim car for. :wacko:

http://www.sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate/index.html

I cant seem to find any information on the exact process of activating a nexus 6P on the Sprint network. I have the correct sim card in hand but am not clear if I have to call, web chat, or just plug in the sim. Sorry a bit new to the whole sim card thing as my S5 is my current and only phone I have ever had a sim car for.  :wacko:

I just plugged in the SIM and activated Web chat. They will ask for the device ID and sim card ID and 2 mins later I was making calls on my Nexus 6P.

• Like 2

WARNING: Do not buy the car charger linked in my past post! It does not look like it will use quick charge. 

Edited by atg284

Seems easy enough thanks!  :tu:

Whether you call or chat, the rep should guide you through the process and guide you. Basically, leave the phone off with the sim in it until the device ID and sim ID are both registered to your phone number. The rep will let you know when to power on the device and it should auto activate. If it doesn't, the rep will guide you through it. If you go into a store, the rep will most likely just take care of it.

• Like 1

Robert,

Can you share the charger you spoke of earlier? I'm too lazy to find the quote right now.

I'm taking my heart medication in anticipation of tonight's Game 5 at Citi Field.

I don't know. It has no label on it. I've had it for awhile. It has two USB ports. Total amperage is 5 amps. It can send up to 3 amps to one outlet and 2 to the other.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sick to my stomach. I just destroyed my 6P. I had it on the center console of my pickup just now. I discovered a Tmo site that just started work so I pulled off the road quickly. Phone slid into the back of my crew cab. No big deal.

I hop out to go open the back door to get it. I guess it was on the floor against the back door, because when I opened the door, it slid out and landed on the rough asphalt face down.

I freak out and pick it up and there really is no physical damage except a little scrape on the frame and a scratch on my glass screen protector. But the display is no longer working. :'(

I now have a $600 paper weight. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I cannot afford to replace it. I had to sell phones to buy it. I guess I just can't have nice things.

b8c39f07c90a4110e1de55af82da078a.jpg

I'm sick to my stomach. I just destroyed my 6P. I had it on the center console of my pickup just now. I discovered a Tmo site that just started work so I pulled off the road quickly. Phone slid into the back of my crew cab. No big deal.

I hop out to go open the back door to get it. I guess it was on the floor against the back door, because when I opened the door, it slid out and landed on the rough asphalt face down.

I freak out and pick it up and there really is no physical damage except a little scrape on the frame and a scratch on my glass screen protector. But the display is no longer working. :'(

I now have a $600 paper weight. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I cannot afford to replace it. I had to sell phones to buy it. I guess I just can't have nice things.

:'(

Phones should be able to be dropped and still work.

Why not contact google support, tell them exactly what happened (you dropped it but no crack, etc) and see if they'll replace under warranty?

• Like 1

Contact you credit card company if that was used to purchase the device. Most have some sort of accidental protection plan.

Also, just reading your post made feel I should just stick with my Moto X I just got.

• Like 2

Phones should be able to be dropped and still work.

Why not contact google support, tell them exactly what happened (you dropped it but no crack, etc) and see if they'll replace under warranty?

Hopefully they will help replace it. Even if they say buy the $89 insurance and they will replace it is better than nothing...