Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

Guessing you haven't read any of the NM threads. We haven't gotten that kind of love yet. :(

Was going to click the "Like" button but I don't like it.... was looking for the "Sorry" button but it seems to have gone missing.  :scratch:

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the FedEx flight from Memphis to Sioux Falls was delayed seven hours and just arrived within the hour. If they held the truck that goes from Sioux Falls to the Western South Dakota hub from its normal 1 am departure, it will now leave Sioux Falls at 7-8 am.

It's a five hour drive, but gaining an hour crossing into the Mountain Time Zone. At best it will be in Rapid City around Noonish and out for delivery around 1 pm. Seems kind of late to make it for delivery.

However, this must really be affecting FedEx locally. All their overnights from the Memphis hub come through Sioux Falls. So maybe their drivers are just going to have a really long day? I can't imagine they sent the truck near empty for Sioux Falls at its normal time. They must have held it. Right?

Of course I had rescheduled my whole day to be here this morning when the FedEx guy arrived at his normal time. And I cannot reschedule my afternoon now. Oh well.

Its been a long time since I worked for FedEx, but I am willing to bet one of two things. They might have held the trucks if most of their shipments to Sioux Falls go through the Memphis hub. However I might suspect that there would be a good portion on hand from other locations (Indy and another hub I don't remember where plus anything that was BABOed) and the trucks would go out with that to prevent late shipments on those. Then they probably would then send out additional trucks (after the flight from Memphis arrived) in an attempt to get some of the Standard overnights out on time. It wouldn't save them on lates for First and Priority overnights though....

Its been a long time since I worked for FedEx, but I am willing to bet one of two things. They might have held the trucks if most of their shipments to Sioux Falls go through the Memphis hub. However I might suspect that there would be a good portion on hand from other locations (Indy and another hub I don't remember where plus anything that was BABOed) and the trucks would go out with that to prevent late shipments on those. Then they probably would then send out additional trucks (after the flight from Memphis arrived) in an attempt to get some of the Standard overnights out on time. It wouldn't save them on lates for First and Priority overnights though....

I just checked the status.  Arrived at Local Facility at 11:41 AM.  Out on truck for delivery at 11:44 AM.  Fastest I have ever seen it scan coming in and back out on the truck for delivery immediately.  Awesome.  I have even canceled my 1:30 PM meeting, so I can sit here and wait.  Hopefully I'm early on that truck.

• Like 2

I just checked the status.  Arrived at Local Facility at 11:41 AM.  Out on truck for delivery at 11:44 AM.  Fastest I have ever seen it scan coming in and back out on the truck for delivery immediately.  Awesome.  I have even canceled my 1:30 PM meeting, so I can sit here and wait.  Hopefully I'm early on that truck.

waiting-fingers.gif

AJ

• Like 4

I just took a look at the tracking number and supposedly it's at my house just sitting all alone on my front porch.

Not anymore.  I pawned it for some sweet ass Pioneer 15" speakers and turntable.

We know where you live...

AJ

• Like 9

I have a couple quick question about the Nexus 6P in regards to Sprint Sero Premium plan. I am looking to get the 6P when it comes back in stock and I am in no hurry. 

1.) My SERO plan is up in April of 2016. Can I swap from my old phone (S5) to the 6P that I would get from Google before that contract is up? Will my plan change at all?

2.) When my contract is up will I have to sign up for a new 2 year agreement? I've read Sprint is going away from contracts and the end of this calendar year. How will this affect SERO customers?

3.) I am planning on using my S5 as a backup phone and getting rid of the insurance plan. How easy is it to swap back to an old phone if my 6P gets damaged or lost? Different for SERO customers?

Thanks a ton for any information! I love this site!!! :D 

I have a couple quick question about the Nexus 6P in regards to Sprint Sero Premium plan. I am looking to get the 6P when it comes back in stock and I am in no hurry. 

1.) My SERO plan is up in April of 2016. Can I swap from my old phone (S5) to the 6P that I would get from Google before that contract is up? Will my plan change at all?

2.) When my contract is up will I have to sign up for a new 2 year agreement? I've read Sprint is going away from contracts and the end of this calendar year. How will this affect SERO customers?

3.) I am planning on using my S5 as a backup phone and getting rid of the insurance plan. How easy is it to swap back to an old phone if my 6P gets damaged or lost? Different for SERO customers?

Careful with SERO questions here, it's a sensitive subject. When I used to work at Sprint people would swap phones all the time while in contract. Will be able to swap phones with no issue and it should not change your plan since you already have an iPhone 5s on it.

You don't have to sign up for a new 2-year contract (I'm on SERO Premium from being an ex-employee and I have been eligible for an upgrade for months with no changes. In this case, doing away with contracts most likely means you will not be able to buy a phone at a subsidized price in exchange for a 2-year contract.

Changing devices is best done either calling Sprint or using the chat system. It should be pretty easy, however, doing swaps by logging in doesn't work because your plan is different and depending on how new reps are in the store they may not know what they are doing. Also, only corporate stores can handle SERO customers.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I am on Sero. Here are my answers: 

1. When I swapped in my Nexus 5, my contract was not renewed and my plan was not changed at all.

2. I've never had to sign up for a new 2 year agreement after my agreement expires. But if a policy is changing, I don't know.

3. I have swapped phones pretty easily in the past.

• Like 1

Careful with SERO questions here, it's a sensitive subject.

I don't think that's accurate. I've never attacked anyone just merely for having a SERO account or asking a question. Problems usually arise when people have the gall to complain about not being able to get X from Sprint or be able to do Y because they are on SERO. And then when someone rightly reminds them of that fact they get mouthy or butt hurt.

Please don't issue warnings like that to people who come to my site. It's not cool.

99% of Sprint customers are not on SERO. Many of them may be envious. So you can expect they may complain when you discuss it publicly. It's human nature.

Sent using Nexus 6P on Tapatalk

• Like 2

Careful with SERO questions here, it's a sensitive subject. When I used to work at Sprint people would swap phones all the time while in contract. Will be able to swap phones with no issue and it should not change your plan since you already have an iPhone 5s on it.

You don't have to sign up for a new 2-year contract (I'm on SERO Premium from being an ex-employee and I have been eligible for an upgrade for months with no changes. In this case, doing away with contracts most likely means you will not be able to buy a phone at a subsidized price in exchange for a 2-year contract.

Changing devices is best done either calling Sprint or using the chat system. It should be pretty easy, however, doing swaps by logging in doesn't work because your plan is different and depending on how new reps are in the store they may not know what they are doing. Also, only corporate stores can handle SERO customers.

Hope this helps!

Ok thanks that is what I was thinking /hoping. I just don't want to mess with my current plan considering I would be getting a new phone before the contract is up. I kind of would like to just go month to month and buy unlocked phone from here on out tbh.

I am on Sero. Here are my answers: 

1. When I swapped in my Nexus 5, my contract was not renewed and my plan was not changed at all.

2. I've never had to sign up for a new 2 year agreement after my agreement expires. But if a policy is changing, I don't know.

3. I have swapped phones pretty easily in the past.

Thanks! I thought I would save some money by not having the insurance. I figured the S5 would be a decent backup phone if something were to happen. I have the proper phone numbers to call for my specific plan so it sounds like I should be good to go! :D

I don't think that's accurate. I've never attacked anyone just merely for having a SERO account or asking a question. Problems usually arise when people have the gall to complain about not being able to get X from Sprint or be able to do Y because they are on SERO. And then when someone rightly reminds them of that fact they get mouthy or butt hurt.

Please don't issue warnings like that to people who come to my site. It's not cool.

99% of Sprint customers are not on SERO. Many of them may be envious. So you can expect they may complain when you discuss it publicly. It's human nature.

Thanks for your reply! I love forums (this one specifically) and abide by the rules and etiquette. :tu:

Well, now I suppose I will save up and read up on how the 6P is treating everyone until they get back in stock! 

I have some concerns about the nano sims card but I believe I read about the specifics on the first page. I think the S5 has a different sized card unfortunately.  I probably would want to order the nano one before I buy the phone just so it is ready when it arrives. Probably wont be until December now though.  :wacko:  

Thanks again for all the info!

Careful with SERO questions here, it's a sensitive subject.

You have a legitimate SERO plan, as you are a former employee.  People with SERO because they "knew" Russ have sham plans.

There is a difference.

AJ

I appreciate your explanation and understand your viewpoint.

• Like 1

Guess this will apply since I'm posting with my 6P. Using the latest Tapatalk, how in the world do you change the font size?

Very poor eyes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Located in settings, display and you should see the font size option there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Located in settings, display and you should see the font size option there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Humble thanks.

Navigation is quite weird in this aop.

However the 6P is absolutely delightful!

Had to chat with Sprint customer service to activate.

Simply a breeze.

Extremely impressed with the 6P. Coming from a G3.

Still have a lot of installing and setting up to do.

No brainer to buy this phone is you prefer big displays.

Guess this will apply since I'm posting with my 6P. Using the latest Tapatalk, how in the world do you change the font size?

Very poor eyes.

Oh, so you went to Patriot Pawn & Guns and bought back your Nexus 6P?  Meanwhile, I'm rocking some AC/DC on my killer Pioneer rack system.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Slightly creepy

I live only a few miles from Patriot.

AJ,

What are your thoughts on the possibility of the engineering screens showing more info in the future?

Is this a Huawei or Google issue? (Not showing any info)

Slightly creepy

I live only a few miles from Patriot.

AJ,

What are your thoughts on the possibility of the engineering screens showing more info in the future?

Is this a Huawei or Google issue? (Not showing any info)

I'm also wondering what APIs the engineering screens use, and if it's possible to reverse engineer it and add new functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Received my 6P this afternoon! It's a great phone, haven't had too much time to play around with it until now, but it's a beautiful phone. However, this also means I've ended my 14 years with Sprint directly (ever since senior year of high school!) as I am now on Project Fi.

Since I've been on Project Fi this afternoon, my phone hasn't connected to Sprint at all. It's all been T-Mobile LTE with great signal, and I've even confirmed Band 12 works on the 6P. Even at work, where I have line of sight to a Sprint site, my 6P connects to T-Mobile (I think it's Band 4). At any rate, my LTE experience has definitely improved at the gym where I would get unusable 3G.

I know there's a Fi Spy app that allows you to force a certain network, so I might download that to see the difference of where I know Sprint is good but my phone remains connected to T-Mobile. Btw, I'm in the Irvine area of Orange County.

That's what I've been hearing..that Project Fi devices seem to overwhelmingly prefer the Tmobile network over Sprint's.  I wonder why this is?

That's what I've been hearing..that Project Fi devices seem to overwhelmingly prefer the Tmobile network over Sprint's. I wonder why this is?

Heck, here it prefers VZW 1x over Tmo LTE. Hah! :hah:

• Like 1