Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

AT&T is very reactionary. After losing customers for several quarters, they need to do something. The days of Sprint taking 6-12 months to react are long gone, now AT&T is filling that shoe.

So how will Sprint react to this? It previously offered 1 Year of free service to DirecTV customers. Shortly afterwards, it added more data options for those customers.

• Like 1

Sprint's unlimited data family plan is more expensive than both AT&T's and T-Mobile's now.  I'd expect them to create an offer that's equal or maybe slightly better ($180/4 lines, or $160/4 lines but with a lease required per line.) 

• Like 2

Very tempting but I'm at a cheaper rate with sprint with more perks plus att as a carrier is ranked last in my city. I wonder because this is a bundle type offer will that rate of $100 stay the same or will it go hand in hand with their package for cable phone internet and how it always changes after x amount of months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unlimited Data on a Tablet for $40/month or 1 GB for $10/month.... Didn't see that coming...

Of course, the last time AT&T offered Unlimited Data on a Tablet, it was on the original iPad... and it pulled it shortly after one month.

I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon brings back unlimited data for customers that can get access to FIOS. If they do that they will grab more market share in the tri state Area. 

• Like 1

Albeit a nice option, it's not even worth considering for me. it would only be an extra $10 a month to go from my current plan to an unlimited plan, but the caveat of having to have Uverse or Directv makes it not worth it. We don't watch broadcast TV here, and Uverse only offers half of what we have from Comcast in speed plus it's rats nest of a copper network is inferior to Comcasts as well.

I put together this cost comparison for anyone interested:

TTQDfRf.png

The cheapest U-Verse TV package in my area is $19.99/mo ($9.99/mo after $10 combined billing credit). I'm considering just signing up for that and then throwing the receiver in the closet.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen how terrible Sprint has been doing on venue with rootmetrics for 2016? It's really, really bad. T-Mobile is not so hot either but they had usable data more times than Sprint. Its like At&t and Verizon have some kind of deal with the venues to keep the other two unusable.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen how terrible Sprint has been doing on venue with rootmetrics for 2016? It's really, really bad. T-Mobile is not so hot either but they had usable data more times than Sprint. Its like At&t and Verizon have some kind of deal with the venues to keep the other two unusable.

AT&T pays for a lot of DAS installations.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sprint-is-case-study-in-junk-bond-pain-1452469045

(Note: Google the WSJ link to view the entire article).

Personally, I think Sprint will continue it's work to cut costs and manage its debt load without the doom and gloom that this article states. But it definitely will be a challenging year for Sprint, from a finance point of view.

• Like 1

At my workplace, all of the carriers, except AT&T are 3G-only. AT&T definitely works better with businesses, from my experience. Our employee discounts are also ridiculous through AT&T.

Over half of their accounts are corporate. That doesn't surprise me. AT&T has great rates...if you part of a business, that is.

• Like 1

Sorry for post this here, wasn't sure where else to put it.

But long live unlimited data (for now....and until AT&T doubles the price in the future).

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/11/10746516/att-unlimited-data-plan-pricing-directv-uverse

As for the competition, most other wireless carriers no longer offer true unlimited data plans, though T-Mobile's similar unlimited plan costs $95 per month for a single smartphone.

Ok.... what? How did they not mention Sprint? Come on Verge  :nono:

• Like 4

I've been happy with Sprint for a long time, and a big supporter of what they're doing, but this offer is catching my eye. Between Sprint not fixing the data issues my family has been having, texts not sending/receiving, and calls not going through, I feel a switch is necessary. I have DirecTV, and would love to see if AT&T can bundle something up for me with tv and cell, and offer me uverse internet so I can ditch Comcast. I never though this would ever happen with the big 2. Competition is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 2

What happened to all of that Softbank money? I know Sprint has yet to use it but maybe they are just waiting on NGN to get on that. The problem here with Sprint is far to often they let their speeds slip below 3mbps. If they could keep the required min 3 or better most people wouldn't notice that the network was not fast. That's enough for 720p HD and already is better than Binge On.

AT&T pays for a lot of DAS installations.

• Like 3

What happened to all of that Softbank money? I know Sprint has yet to use it but maybe they are just waiting on NGN to get on that. The problem here with Sprint is far to often they let their speeds slip below 3mbps. If they could keep the required min 3 or better most people wouldn't notice that the network was not fast. That's enough for 720p HD and already is better than Binge On.

maybe there is no money....

• Like 1

I've been happy with Sprint for a long time, and a big supporter of what they're doing, but this offer is catching my eye. Between Sprint not fixing the data issues my family has been having, texts not sending/receiving, and calls not going through, I feel a switch is necessary. I have DirecTV, and would love to see if AT&T can bundle something up for me with tv and cell, and offer me uverse internet so I can ditch Comcast. I never though this would ever happen with the big 2. Competition is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Now's your chance to make your move! I remember you saying you won't consider at&t because they didn't offer enough data for your needs. It's a shame Sprint is still having these kinds of issues though, and seem to be clueless as to what's going on.

AT&T isnt all kittens and roses itself but I've found far less to bitch about than when I had Sprint.

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone 6s

How is Att in Chicago? I just picked up an ATT sim for my car which has LTE built in, and the speeds are ok for traffic and loading google earth on my car's infosystem. But running it through the car's built in Wifi hotspot I have yet to see any speeds over 3mbs..

ATT is garbage during peak times in NYC.