Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

How is Att in Chicago? I just picked up an ATT sim for my car which has LTE built in, and the speeds are ok for traffic and loading google earth on my car's infosystem. But running it through the car's built in Wifi hotspot I have yet to see any speeds over 3mbs..

ATT is garbage during peak times in NYC.

at&t is pretty darn good here. They have 10x10 B2, 4, and 17 plus rolling out band 30. The network is pretty dense in the city and lots of small cells. Suburbs is good to just OK, density can be sparse in places but for the most part things are tuned well to fill in all gaps with LTE.

Now's your chance to make your move! I remember you saying you won't consider at&t because they didn't offer enough data for your needs. It's a shame Sprint is still having these kinds of issues though, and seem to be clueless as to what's going on.

AT&T isnt all kittens and roses itself but I've found far less to bitch about than when I had Sprint.

I've been so happy with Sprint since I got the 6s in September. All my gripes were seemingly answered until a few weeks ago. My service has reverted to how Sprint was several years ago: intermittent data, calls not going through, and texts never showing up and failing to send (sms). My wife and a few family members have been asking me why it's so bad lately, so I know there's some kind of network problem that's not being fixed.

How is Att in Chicago? I just picked up an ATT sim for my car which has LTE built in, and the speeds are ok for traffic and loading google earth on my car's infosystem. But running it through the car's built in Wifi hotspot I have yet to see any speeds over 3mbs..

ATT is garbage during peak times in NYC.

I ran Cricket last year for a few months, and I was beyond impressed with signal strength. As a sprint user, I was expecting 3G every time my phone came out of my pocket, but that was simply never the case. Data was consistent, but bogged down in the city (I think it was St. Patrick's Day weekend, and the city was dying the river=tons of people). Cricket data is also ran through a proxy, so I never experienced the full speed of AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

Can anybody explain to me why certain parts of the Sprint website go offline every night for me.

I'm trying to do an ESN Swap and the page is simply blank.. It's not my computer I've tried a Mac and a PC already.

Pretty F**king annoying if you ask me.

Can anybody explain to me why certain parts of the Sprint website go offline every night for me.

I'm trying to do an ESN Swap and the page is simply blank.. It's not my computer I've tried a Mac and a PC already.

Pretty F**king annoying if you ask me.

A little early for that, but many websites - especially ones that need to be secure - are down at late night hours (eastern), especially on weekends, for maintenance, updates, etc. However, throughout today I've noticed Sprint's site having issues, so it may be related to that.

A little early for that, but many websites - especially ones that need to be secure - are down at late night hours (eastern), especially on weekends, for maintenance, updates, etc. However, throughout today I've noticed Sprint's site having issues, so it may be related to that.

Looks like Activation has issues also, Did a ESN Swap a few mins ago (website went back up) old phone still works..

New phone still doesn't, got an email confirmation and everything on the swap

Edit: let it sit for an hour, seems to be active now  :P

• Like 1

The chat has improved significantly, and now is 24/7. I used it to do 2 ESN swaps over the weekend without any hiccup.

I'm a fan of the chat option. Simple, convenient, and usually pretty quick.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sprint is projected to post 625,000 net adds including 300,000 handsets, as well as a postpaid churn of 2.1 percent, down from 2.3 percent during the fourth quarter of 2014.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/wells-fargo-verizon-t-mobile-lead-handset-subscriber-adds-q4-outpacing-atts/2016-01-13

• Like 11

Sprint is projected to post 625,000 net adds including 300,000 handsets, as well as a postpaid churn of 2.1 percent, down from 2.3 percent during the fourth quarter of 2014.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/wells-fargo-verizon-t-mobile-lead-handset-subscriber-adds-q4-outpacing-atts/2016-01-13

Good quarter for Sprint.

Now that we're in the first quarter of 2016, does anyone know if the densification project has begun or is currently active?

Heard nothing, in my area, I see nothing yet.  I'm wondering if Sprint is going to give out any specifics this quarterly results, but I'm doubtful since we thought they'd mention it the last 2x.

Heard nothing, in my area, I see nothing yet. I'm wondering if Sprint is going to give out any specifics this quarterly results, but I'm doubtful since we thought they'd mention it the last 2x.

The lack of guidance on this is frustrating. It has got to be for analyst as well, especially because they can't pick up anything about the project in the supply chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint's churn was down to 1.54% in Q3 so where does this 2.1 figure come from? I doubt churn jumped back up.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-hits-inflection-point-in-its-turnaround-by-reporting-positive-postpaid-phone-net-additions-and-record-low-postpaid-churn-in-the-second-fiscal-quarter-of-2015.htm

Fourth quarter of 2014.

Fourth quarter of 2014.

No, churn in Q4 2014 was 2.3%. Wells Fargo projects a 2.1% churn for Q4 2015, which doesn't make any sense given the most recent posted churn was 1.54%.

Some more personnel announcements for "One Sprint":

Conrad Hunter Joins Sprint as President, New England Region

Greg Post Joins Sprint as President, Mountain and Southwest Region

Glen Flowers Joins Sprint as President, Michigan, Kentucky and Indiana Region

Jim Mills Joins Sprint as President, Illinois and Wisconsin Region

(replaces Tracy Nolan, the first regional president of this market who tested this concept. She will become senior vice president of sales for the office of the CEO.)

• Like 2

No, churn in Q4 2014 was 2.3%. Wells Fargo projects a 2.1% churn for Q4 2015, which doesn't make any sense given the most recent posted churn was 1.54%.

I would assume that if it jumps up to 2.1% then how can Sprint be adding customers when they should be losing them instead. Maybe I'm missing something

Now that we're in the first quarter of 2016, does anyone know if the densification project has begun or is currently active?

While not new sites, two sites that were lacking B41 have been stealthily upgraded to include B41 tri-band antennas w/CA since the start of the year. That's after about 3 or 4 months of no activity. 

• Like 1

I would assume that if it jumps up to 2.1% then how can Sprint be adding customers when they should be losing them instead. Maybe I'm missing something

Q/Q churn results may not be telling the full story because of cyclical trends, so Y/Y churn may be a better indicator. If they drop from 2.3 to 2.1% Y/Y then that is something you should look at as a slight positive.

I don't see why Sprint cant upgrade 50 sites to band 41 per day. On a national level that is possible and that would be over 18,000 sites. They definitely do less than 50 upgrades per day.

And your evidence is? ....

Your local area.

Just stop.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 8

I don't see why Sprint cant upgrade 50 sites to band 41 per day. On a national level that is possible and that would be over 18,000 sites. They definitely do less than 50 upgrades per day.

And you have the hard numbers to definitely prove that they do less than "50 upgrades" a day right? 

Just because you don't see work in your neighborhood from one network vendor doesn't mean it isn't happening elsewhere. 

Also deploying equipment is not a linear line that is the same in every county, every city, every neighborhood with red tape with government or local entities or even renegotiations with the leasee need to take place. Sprints wacky budget allocations (inconsistent) and supplier manufacturing capacity is also a part of the equation.Not to mention Nokia appears to be deploying in a manner different from the other 2 vendors with the lack of substantial work in several secondary and tertiary markets. 

Whereas, in my market, and other similar markets of the same vendor (samsung), approximately 40-50% of the markets macro sites (most in urban areas / remainers in rural areas) have been overlaid with 2.5 equipment. So at least anecdotally in Samsung land, the deployment is mostly consistent and within expectations of where it should be by now with them prioritizing urban areas from priority to secondary (yay mine..) and now working on tertiary markets. . 

• Like 7