S4GRU

Information about S4GRU Sponsorship levels and how to become a Sponsor

On the sponsor map, 800 only refers to voice. If you want to know about the coverage for 800 LTE, you need to become a premier sponsor, which is an automatic upgrade once you've donated a minimum of $100 to the site. The premier sponsor forum has maps for 800 LTE (and 2500 LTE/Band 41).

Thank you, itll be a little while before I can donate that but thats good to know.   :tu:

just to add, while confirmation of towers having B26 (which is LTE on 800) is on the premier maps, any tower on the NV complete map that lists 800 (1x800 for voice) most likely already has B26 on it, or will be getting it by the end of this year. sprint is going hard on getting B26 everywhere and if a tower has 1x800 it can get B26.

• Like 2

First off, I am new to the site  :) . Secondly, what is a acceptable amount of money to donate to the site? 

HonorJoke1.png

btw Welcome. 

• Like 4

HonorJoke1.png

This is 2015 now.  Inflation has increased that amount to eleventy billion dollars.  But, okay, we will let it slide during this first week of the new year.

AJ

• Like 4

HonorJoke1.png

btw Welcome. 

haha thank you. 

Zomg a Wilmington sprint fan!!1111, we should talk. I'm down in the dirty myrtle and maintain a map of our market(many of us make personal maps for our markets for more personal experience, meeting other wireless enthusiasts, etc).

You're market is close to mine, and I always love expanding teh map and getting other folks in our area to contribute has been difficult to find, let me know if/when you get the site hunting urge(took me about a month to get super serial about it) it happens to us all. If you get info, pics, anything cool like that related. I will take it.

As always, welcome to s4gru!

I am a "new kid on the block".  When I did a small PayPal donation, I failed to find a place to comment my email address registered here.  PayPal defaulted to my Ebay dedicated aol email address when it sent you the donation.

If you have clearer instructions WHERE or HOW to so indicate, it would make it easier on you.

Anyway ... it may not get me a sponsor tag but thank you for this website and the info in it.

I am a "new kid on the block". When I did a small PayPal donation, I failed to find a place to comment my email address registered here. PayPal defaulted to my Ebay dedicated aol email address when it sent you the donation.

If you have clearer instructions WHERE or HOW to so indicate, it would make it easier on you.

Anyway ... it may not get me a sponsor tag but thank you for this website and the info in it.

I received a PayPal donation the other day with no Screen Name in the notes section. I sent an email requesting the S4GRU screen name, but the email on the PayPal account was rejected as not in service. If this was you, send me a PM with the email address on your PayPal account and I will upgrade you. Thanks.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I sent in a $10 donation last Friday and hadn't heard back or been re-up'd as a Sponsor. Was curious if I might have been missed?

I sent in a $10 donation last Friday and hadn't heard back or been re-up'd as a Sponsor. Was curious if I might have been missed?

Make sure you included your name in the paypal notes (see opening post). Email / Private Message Robert if you have to. 

I neglected to add my username to my donation.  Confirmation 9T618406EY242943X

thx

• Like 1

Made a donation, have not been upgraded yet.

Made a donation, have not been upgraded yet.

You were upgraded early last night.  You can tell because it now says S4GRU Sponsor under your avatar in your posts.  Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

• Like 1

Same here. still waiting

Same here. still waiting

You were upgraded immediately. It says Sponsor below your avatar.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is there a minimum amount to be a sponsor? I donated a small amount (college student here...lol) but still haven't been updated 

Is there a minimum amount to be a sponsor? I donated a small amount (college student here...lol) but still haven't been updated

I have upgraded your account. Enjoy!

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 4

Robert/ Team... need your help.   I have made a donation through Paypal.   Ram14250 is my what it will come through as, but it's DRO1984 on this site.   Can you please assist.   

• Like 1

Made a donation earlier and forgot to put my member name in there.  Sent an email and another donation but still haven't heard anything.  Still can't access the sponsor forums.

Made a donation earlier and forgot to put my member name in there.  Sent an email and another donation but still haven't heard anything.  Still can't access the sponsor forums.

Robert has to manually make updates. He works like the rest of us, so have a little patience while he wraps up his day (west coast time).

Robert has to manually make updates. He works like the rest of us, so have a little patience while he wraps up his day (west coast time).

Ah. Didn't realize it was west coast. I had just seen where some were told that they were updated instantly. Didn't know. Sorry.

• Like 1

Ah. Didn't realize it was west coast. I had just seen where some were told that they were updated instantly. Didn't know. Sorry.

Looks like you're good to go now! :tu:

• Like 1

I donated today. Great site! :)

I donated yesterday and didn't get my special status yet. :td:

I donated yesterday and didn't get my special status yet. :td:

Sorry about that. It looks like I may have failed to hit the Save button after changing your status. You're good to go now.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Andrew Revering
      I'm REALLY frustrated trying to figure out how to become a premiere sponsor. I assume this means a certain dollar amount of donation... I already donated a couple times for the 'basic' sponsorship, but would LOVE to be a premiere sponsor...yet I can't find anything on how much I need to donate to do it. Having to jump through such hoops to donate money makes it really easy for me to just want to give up and move on to something else.

I'm sure the info is here somewhere, but a search of the forums turned up nothing, and I can't seem to find an email address to contact the admins to send a question, which would also be useful.

This seems to me to be a HUGE hole and likely throwing away a lot of money by not making this information easily accessible. You'd get a lot more donating members if you maybe put a couple notes below the donation button so people have an idea of what they need to donate to get to x access level, or a link to a page that says if you donate this you get this.

With that suggestion in place.... what's the answer? :-)
    • By zonk
      I would like to become a sponsor and rather pay using bitcoin. Will you be accepting bitcoin in the future?

One site that may be able to help you accept bitcoin is https://bitpay.com/
    • Yeah I'm looking forward to Android 8.0 and upload CA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Such a rogue update, haven't been updated since August and now we get one with an old security patch...
    • Red Nex

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Friday morning I called support again.  After a 15 minute call, the final resolution was "you do not have Extended LTE because you have exceeded your 100mb roaming limit."  I knew this was the wrong answer, so i decided to make a nuisance of myself. I continued to call customer support over the next half of the day whenever I had the chance. I was always presented with either the "exceeded roaming limit" answer or I was told "there was a tower down" and that I should call back in about a week. I was always polite and patient, and I feel I educated several reps as to what Extended LTE is because most seemed to have no idea. I must have called a dozen times. Then Friday afternoon I received a call from someone at the OKC support center, asking what the problem was. They called me!  Now this was different i thought to myself.   I explained that none of my lines were no longer connecting to Extended LTE, specifically B12 via Appalachian wireless on any of their towers (this was what I had been telling support reps all day). She said "That's strange. Let me send this upstairs, and I will call you back when I find something out." Upstairs?  They have an upstairs!? This was great! Within 2 hours all of my lines had Extended LTE again. Problem solved. However I have no idea what the problem was.  Moral of the story: If you do not get resolution on a support issue, call support repeatedly until someone that doesn't have to follow a script notices you?    
    • I got the update today

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk