LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

45th and 5th.

I went down there to test and was disappointed was close to getting a HTC  One Max just because then thought how no responsible that would be.... lol... why is lg being left out of the band 41 party?

I went down there to test and was disappointed was close to getting a HTC  One Max just because then thought how no responsible that would be.... lol... why is lg being left out of the band 41 party?

I'm guess the LG devices will get their software updated soon enough?

I'm guess the LG devices will get their software updated soon enough?

maybe in the beginning of January if we are lucky! 2014 for g2/n5 device owners!

I've been following along on the boards and just wanted to share that I'm starting to see some pretty amazing speeds around LA on my Nexus 5...

can u please share pictures of your band priority or something. It seems that you're the only one connecting to band 41 with a nexus 5

• Like 1

I'm actually new to Android...I modified my settings based on information in forums. I have band 25 and 41 as 1 and band 26 as 0.

I was near the 110 freeway and the 91 freeway in Gardena. I just started seeing these speeds in a few places in the South Bay and Westside over the past couple days.

• Like 3

I'm actually new to Android...I modified my settings based on information in forums. I have band 25 and 41 as 1 and band 26 as 0.

I was near the 110 freeway and the 91 freeway in Gardena. I just started seeing these speeds in a few places in the South Bay and Westside over the past couple days.

thank you!

Are we sure the band priority should be band 41 at 0 band 25 at 1 and 26 at 2. Usually 0 is the highest priority and since there isn't any band 26 his n5 didn't pick that up and went straight to band 41

I've been following along on the boards and just wanted to share that I'm starting to see some pretty amazing speeds around LA on my Nexus 5...

First off, welcome to the forum! :welcome:  Awesome first post! made it count! 

Also, im assuming you modified your Band settings, and can you post your settings. Priority settings etc, and can you post engineering screens and signal check shots would be that much awesomer! LOL! 

thank you!

Are we sure the band priority should be band 41 at 0 band 25 at 1 and 26 at 2. Usually 0 is the highest priority and since there isn't any band 26 his n5 didn't pick that up and went straight to band 41

Their is only 0 and 1 on N5....1 being higher priority.

Their is only 0 and 1 on N5....1 being higher priority.

thanks for the correction. My question is are we really sure that 1 is higher. We've been told to set b26 and b25 at 0 with b41 at 1 with no success on the n5 so far and in this case since b25 and b41 were at the same level it went ahead and picked up b41.

superceleb, can you do the following;

- dialer > *#*#3282#*#*

- lte > view

- screen shot (press power + vol down at same time) > lte view

- screen shot > band priority

• Like 4

superceleb, can you do the following;

- dialer > *#*#3282#*#*

- lte > view

- screen shot (press power + vol down at same time) > lte view

- screen shot > band priority

What he said! Pretty please!!!!

Here you go. It's funny...I'm on a different tower now where I ordinarily get decent LTE speeds, and I'm not getting any data at all. I was picking up 3G in the same spot about an hour ago.

YOcO9ell.png

K4aPqJyl.png

I thought u said u had b41 and b26 both at 1. That throws my whole theory out the window then

• Like 1

I have a question regarding Sprint Spark and the Metro Detroit area (I know it will be awhile).  I have read (forgot where and searched this site) that Sprint cannot put 800 MHz near boarder locations, does anyone know if this is going to be the case?  I am about 30 miles from the boarder.  I know that 4g is being put up all around me now and it would be a bummer if we could not get the full Tri-Band experience down the road.

I have a question regarding Sprint Spark and the Metro Detroit area (I know it will be awhile).  I have read (forgot where and searched this site) that Sprint cannot put 800 MHz near boarder locations, does anyone know if this is going to be the case?  I am about 30 miles from the boarder.  I know that 4g is being put up all around me now and it would be a bummer if we could not get the full Tri-Band experience down the road.

Yes that is true.  Detroit will not be able to get 800 MHz CDMA or LTE until the US/Canada IBEZ interference issues are resolved.  This not only affects Detroit but other cities that are along the Canadian border such as Buffalo, Seattle, Cleveland, Rochester, etc.  I am in Los Angeles and most of the southern part of LA and all of Orange County can't receive 800 MHz CDMA and LTE due to the US/Mexico IBEZ even though its pretty far away from the Mexican border.  I am hoping the 800 MHz issue gets resolved by 2015 but the deadline is Feb 23, 2016.

• Like 1

Spark tears apart AT&T in NYC. Though I think that this might actually be regular LTE.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/sprint-spark-vs-att-lte?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+laptopmag+

Well to be honest, when it comes to browsing websites latency will probably have more of an effect.  Also, we aren't even sure if they were actually connected to band 41.

• Like 2