Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Not sure if there's much to brag about. Speeds are probably fine in underpopulated areas, but urban STL is already way over capacity, even with triband.

Downtown/midtown has similar LTE speeds during daylight hours.

What band were you on when you took this test? My guess is B25. Also where were you when you took this test?

Not sure if there's much to brag about. Speeds are probably fine in underpopulated areas, but urban STL is already way over capacity, even with triband.

Downtown/midtown has similar LTE speeds during daylight hours.

79e798ed2cdd09f0a91cc705faa3e7c8.jpg

There are still many trouble spots for data, which is why they couldn't take any data awards. I know of several spots in the metro east with underperforming band 25.

Reliability != speed, however.

There are still many trouble spots for data, which is why they couldn't take any data awards. I know of several spots in the metro east with underperforming band 25.

Reliability != speed, however.

Does St. Louis have a second B25 carrier deployed like Chicago does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. No one has found it yet if it does exist. 

No. No one has found it yet if it does exist. 

Is it possible for sprint do deploy another B25 carrier in St Louis?

Eventually sounds like a long ways off.

Second pcs Lte carrier are being deployed now, or already has, or will be soon in markets that are licensed enough spectrum.

If this market has the spectrum to do so then it will be done.

Sent from my Nexus 5

What band were you on when you took this test? My guess is B25. Also where were you when you took this test?

B26.

B25 was roughly the same down speed, but slower upload. Couldn't get B41 in the building. Near Compton/Olive <1 block from Pappy's.

Edited by etirkca

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody attending opening day festivities today? I would like to see how the network is holding up

It sucked the big one.

b3dc40949182cfccd9cc1ac76f8bcf38.jpg

9970d9e39de921504aec2922c42c74b8.jpg

c22e53a5dc1dad173e52743fdfd77e39.jpg

This is pretty embarrassing, honestly. A major carrier should be able to offer a base level of service at a large event. People around me with VZW and AT&T had no problems sending texts, browsing, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I just lost 59% of a full battery looking for a signal. I'm pretty disappointed.

It sucked the big one.

This is pretty embarrassing, honestly. A major carrier should be able to offer a base level of service at a large event. People around me with VZW and AT&T had no problems sending texts, browsing, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I just lost 59% of a full battery looking for a signal. I'm pretty disappointed.

Did you happen to check what band you were on?

Did you happen to check what band you were on?

No Service -> 1x -> 3G -> B26. I've been sending Twitter DMs with @SprintCare and the mobile tower never made it out; further, the tower that serves the stadium was not yet repaired, as was forecast last week.

I try to be positive with Sprint progress. NV has been awesome in a lot of areas... But the stadium/downtown has been a hot mess for as long as I've been a Sprint subscriber with a smartphone.

No Service -> 1x -> 3G -> B26. I've been sending Twitter DMs with @SprintCare and the mobile tower never made it out; further, the tower that serves the stadium was not yet repaired, as was forecast last week.

I try to be positive with Sprint progress. NV has been awesome in a lot of areas... But the stadium/downtown has been a hot mess for as long as I've been a Sprint subscriber with a smartphone.

Thats a shame... Hope things get moving soon.

Things are regularly under 1 Mbps down in downtown during a weekday. On a game day I don't even bother trying and flip to airplane mode.

Ouch.. What the hell happened to Clearwire band 41 downtown?

That must have been the tower outage that the Sprintcare rep was talking about. It was absolutely brutal yesterday.

That must have been the tower outage that the Sprintcare rep was talking about. It was absolutely brutal yesterday.

From the Sprintcare stuff you posted it seemed like they were talking about a voice/text issue, which would indicate a Sprint tower not clearwire... But who knows with them.

From the Sprintcare stuff you posted it seemed like they were talking about a voice issue which would indicate a Sprint tower not clearwire... But who knows with them.

I didn't sniff B41 at/around the stadium yesterday. I could only connect to an overloaded B26 tower...

I didn't sniff B41 at/around the stadium yesterday. I could only connect to an overloaded B26 tower...

Definitely strange because we know there is active band 41 there... Maybe it'll come back online with a full Sprint conversion [emoji2]
  • Like 1