Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I've been to the scottrade center and the dome in the past few months and had no usable data. No b41 in either the past time I was there. Any indication that may change soon?

I've been in the lower level of the dome and had LTE before. Granted there was no game going on I usable service. 

I've been in the lower level of the dome and had LTE before. Granted there was no game going on I usable service.

There is a good b25 and b26 signal inside the stadiums but their both basically unusable if either place is 1/3 full. If they had just one b41 carrier up and running in these places it would changes things. Until then I can't really expect to be able to use my phone in these places. Its just kinda sad when someone on T-Mobile next to me can use there phone and mine is on airplane mode because nothing works including texts.

I was able to text, send picture mail and upload a photo to facebook last night. Granted the Facebook upload and pic mail took awhile but, they did work! I was in sec 107 a few rows off the ice. My phone pretty much stayed on band 26 but a few times it switched to band 25, and for a couple of times signal check showed band 41 but, it would go off before i could grab a screen shot.

For about months now from wentzville to saint peters ive be getting knocked down to 3g all the time. It stays on 3g till i cycle airplane mode then it will pick up LTE again. Just to shortly after drop back to 3g. Anyone else notice this. Any ideas why.

For about months now from wentzville to saint peters ive be getting knocked down to 3g all the time. It stays on 3g till i cycle airplane mode then it will pick up LTE again. Just to shortly after drop back to 3g. Anyone else notice this. Any ideas why.

I travel through that area too and I have also noticed my phone drops down to 3g more often than in the past...

Aside from known trouble areas, any more if I see a drop to 3g, then I primarily assume that a new tower is being upgraded and ECSFB issues are re-occurring and forcing neighboring areas down to 3g.

yes, its annoying, even more so when you would normally have consistent lte.

I travel through that area too and I have also noticed my phone drops down to 3g more often than in the past...

Aside from known trouble areas, any more if I see a drop to 3g, then I primarily assume that a new tower is being upgraded and ECSFB issues are re-occurring and forcing neighboring areas down to 3g.

yes, its annoying, even more so when you would normally have consistent lte.

Are you seeing these drops occur when you have great signal? There is currently an issue in Samsung markets related to a software update pushed to the cell sites recently.  I spent a week in communication with the Director of Customer Management at Sprint diagnosing this issue.  It was resolved for me, but others in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis are still experiencing these issues.  St. Louis is Ericsson, but it could be related to a recent software update too.

Are you seeing these drops occur when you have great signal? There is currently an issue in Samsung markets related to a software update pushed to the cell sites recently.  I spent a week in communication with the Director of Customer Management at Sprint diagnosing this issue.  It was resolved for me, but others in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis are still experiencing these issues.  St. Louis is Ericsson, but it could be related to a recent software update too.

Yep - I'm seeing this now in Indy market.  I took a Youtube of it (ignore the WiFi signal - it shows that whenever I connect to PC to take video screenshots).  

Samsung market - fully upgraded B41, B25, B26 tower.  Never had issues with it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTid-P4qJMY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Its definitely happening very frequently in places that I have had no trouble in the past. I hope it gets fixed soon..

Yep - I'm seeing this now in Indy market. I took a Youtube of it (ignore the WiFi signal - it shows that whenever I connect to PC to take video screenshots).

Samsung market - fully upgraded B41, B25, B26 tower. Never had issues with it

So I tried this at another tower today in Indy market. I think I have it isolated to this- if the phone is in an area with b41 with a fringe signal and the phone starts searching at b26, it will sit on b26 for 10-15 seconds and if it can't lock to b41 it drops to 3G.

If The phone locks to b41 first, it's just fine and stays parked there.

I tested with another phone to confirm.

Why is it taking so long for them to get the towers along  hwy 61 near Eolia and the one at hwy 61 and hwy E broadcasting LTE?

The first site you ask about has been LTE accepted for quite some time. The second one, we have confirmed an LTE signal from this site, but there appears to have been an issue as it has not yet been LTE accepted.

Edit: Taking a closer look, our data may be bad. That site WAS LTE accepted, but it appears it is not anymore. Will dig into this later tonight.

Well I hope things get moving the 3g performance on that strip is usually horrible.

The first site you ask about has been LTE accepted for quite some time. The second one, we have confirmed an LTE signal from this site, but there appears to have been an issue as it has not yet been LTE accepted.

Edit: Taking a closer look, our data may be bad. That site WAS LTE accepted, but it appears it is not anymore. Will dig into this later tonight.

Well I hope things get moving the 3g performance on that strip is usually horrible.

Upgrades are in place, so it's just a matter of figuring out what's wrong with the LTE equipment, and getting backhaul to that second site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the new update to SCP showing second B25 carriers now Im curious how close St Louis area is to getting a second carrier deployed? Another carrier could really help since I haven't noticed any new B41 carriers coming online in areas i frequent. Anyone have any knowledge about this that can share?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody been to Busch for a game recently? I'm headed there for tomorrow night's game and am wondering if Sprint is still struggling there.

Been wondering the same thing! Hope things are improving, I would be interested in knowing how your experience of the network is at Busch tomorrow!

I was at Scottrade Friday night for the Imagine Dragons concert and it wasn't bad. We got there pretty early and it was super fast. But it started getting slower and slower as more people came but never got too bad. During the concert I was able to upload pictures to my snapchat story without a problem. And that was while basically everyone else was also uploading photos and videos to their story. I was on band 26 most of the time but in the beginning I was on band 25. 2 years ago I was at Peabody Opera House for a OneRepublic concert, and with less than half the crowd of Imagine Dragons, data was completely unusable. I'm pretty impressed with how much it has changed in those 2 years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by chaz393
  • Like 3

I'm pretty impressed with how much it has changed in those 2 years.

Welcome to the new age, to the new age...

AJ

Well Sprint still has work to do at Busch. Band 41 from Clearwire is unusable.

LTE 800 (upload would not complete)

1858fa90b539b38b9f0bfe09f4e9e010.jpg

3G

4ed5be17890209866a6b8ebbddecb093.jpg

Forcing 3G is the only way to get decent usable data.