Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

• 1 month later...

Sprints coverage maps updated recently showing some spark in Jefferson city and it look like the made the maps more accurate.

And we have Spark confirmed in Jeff City, by Rickie. More than half of the sites are online. More soon.

Spark coverage is a bit overstated in areas, but the LTE (orange) coverage definitely has been revamped, more accurate. 

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but how come sprint (or any other big carrier) doesn't cover the Mark Twain Lake area? Lots of people frequent that area and always roam on us cellular. That place is a cellular hole...

That's a good question. Possibly because the roaming costs just aren't great enough to prompt Sprint or others to build their own network there. Sprint is in expanding mode right now. If roaming is a big enough problem there, you might see a new site or two.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but how come sprint (or any other big carrier) doesn't cover the Mark Twain Lake area? Lots of people frequent that area and always roam on us cellular. That place is a cellular hole...

According to AT&T's map they cover that area.

AT&T is the best for coverage in rural Missouri.  Verizon has a huge dead zone in the SE portion and Sprint/T-Mobile have a very small native footprint concentrated around cities and highways.

That's a good question. Possibly because the roaming costs just aren't great enough to prompt Sprint or others to build their own network there. Sprint is in expanding mode right now. If roaming is a big enough problem there, you might see a new site or two.

I really wish add some sites along hwy 154. Lots of trucks and traffic on that highway I've seen sprint cover less used highways... I guess I'll just have to keep hoping. I just hate using most my roaming data every month..

AT&T is the best for coverage in rural Missouri.  Verizon has a huge dead zone in the SE portion and Sprint/T-Mobile have a very small native footprint concentrated around cities and highways.

Yeah AT&T "covers" that area.... Relatives came up there with AT&T and had 2 bars of LTE but couldn't even load google... Also they wouldnt receive calls and most calls that actually connected dropped at some point. Roaming on us cellular is better than them.

Yeah AT&T "covers" that area.... Relatives came up there with AT&T and had 2 bars of LTE but couldn't even load google... Also they wouldnt receive calls and most calls that actually connected dropped at some point. Roaming on us cellular is better than them.

Yeah, probably poor because of either over-subscription or weak backhaul.

• Like 1

AT&T is the best for coverage in rural Missouri. Verizon has a huge dead zone in the SE portion and Sprint/T-Mobile have a very small native footprint concentrated around cities and highways.

In the inverse AT&T was laugh out loud bad here in SoIll before Alltel. Now their coverage over Southern Illinois is solid. On the flip side, Verizon buying the three counties out of USCC around Farmington (Washington, St. Francis, and Ste. Genevieve) has made that coverage a lot better and filled in a decent chunk of that hole. I used to flip over to 1X in building in Ste. Gen as well as out by Crown Valley, now that's all LTE. Sprint and T-Mobile are still both brick city out there, both roaming onto Verizon (Sprint) or AT&T (T-Mobile). Lots of people with money from the city go to Wine Country out there.

I hope Chester gets in the Project Ocean, and Chester would go from one LTE carrier to four in the space of one calendar year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the inverse AT&T was laugh out loud bad here in SoIll before Alltel. Now their coverage over Southern Illinois is solid. On the flip side, Verizon buying the three counties out of USCC around Farmington (Washington, St. Francis, and Ste. Genevieve) has made that coverage a lot better and filled in a decent chunk of that hole. I used to flip over to 1X in building in Ste. Gen as well as out by Crown Valley, now that's all LTE. Sprint and T-Mobile are still both brick city out there, both roaming onto Verizon (Sprint) or AT&T (T-Mobile). Lots of people with money from the city go to Wine Country out there.

I hope Chester gets in the Project Ocean, and Chester would go from one LTE carrier to four in the space of one calendar year.

Was Chester part of the USCC buyout? If not, I don't know that it will. But I do have on pretty good authority that several 10s of sites (or more ;) ) are planned for the Missouri market and surrounding areas, not all associated with Project Ocean. 

Was Chester part of the USCC buyout? If not, I don't know that it will. But I do have on pretty good authority that several 10s of sites (or more ;) ) are planned for the Missouri market and surrounding areas, not all associated with Project Ocean.

No, but no obstacles will exist any more to them getting on towers if they do wish here. T-Mobile and Verizon already sold off their prime tower locations here.

I've seen it referenced a few times, but am in the dark -- project ocean?

I've only been using Tapatalk the last few months because s4gru was a filter casualty at work. I end up missing a lot. Lol

No, but no obstacles will exist any more to them getting on towers if they do wish here. T-Mobile and Verizon already sold off their prime tower locations here.

Well let's hope it's part of the expansion project. 

I've only been using Tapatalk the last few months because s4gru was a filter casualty at work. I end up missing a lot. Lol

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-382-sprint-planning-large-network-expansion-adding-9000-new-lte-sites-nationwide/

Look at the front page.

A few pics I missed from my fruitless iPhone repair trip on Sunday.

439f284ec332b1ec54681ae847a26beb.jpg

ee332682f03fab6ffb79a237e90487ac.jpg

217786853304e019edad5cffb750c278.jpg

ce15f5c137c298438c1437031bd0c571.jpgd6e828822d831fdd00794a882a0ac561.jpg

Sprint pics are from the store on Brentwood, T-Mobile pic is from Maplehood, Maplehood always up to no good. Verizon seems a bit oversold by the Galleria.

A few pics I missed from my fruitless iPhone repair trip on Sunday.

Sprint pics are from the store on Brentwood, T-Mobile pic is from Maplehood, Maplehood always up to no good. Verizon seems a bit oversold by the Galleria.

Next time you're up that way, holler! That's my neighborhood!

Whoops, the Sprint store there is on Clayton road in Clayton. Prime money people there. Probably the richest Sprint store per customer in STL.

Whoops, the Sprint store there is on Clayton road in Clayton. Prime money people there. Probably the richest Sprint store per customer in STL.

Clayton & Big Bend?

Clayton & Big Bend?

Ding ding ding ding.

First B41 store I've seen so far. Fairview Heights currently isn't and it seems like their phones get bogged down if you take them off WiFi.