Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

• 3 weeks later...

Sprint's coverage map was updated today and now shows expanded Spark coverage around St. Louis. 88er installs are popping up everywhere. It's a great time to upgrade to premier!

The map actually changed? It doesn't look much different to me. The date below the map just reflects the current date. It doesn't actually show the latest update date anymore, ever since they changed the way the map works.

The map actually changed? It doesn't look much different to me. The date below the map just reflects the current date. It doesn't actually show the latest update date anymore, ever since they changed the way the map works.

I know for the chicago market they changed pretty much all of it to a turbo market, which isn't true. But you know how sprint marketing department likes to over do things lol

I know for the chicago market they changed pretty much all of it to a turbo market, which isn't true. But you know how sprint marketing department likes to over do things lol

Is that true even if you zoom in all the way?

I can't wait to get back up to Chicago or over to KC. I was in awe of the coverage and speeds in Indy!

I can't wait to get back up to Chicago or over to KC. I was in awe of the coverage and speeds in Indy!

Yea! I noticed it the other day, some of the areas that are listed turbo. I fall on to 3g also, even outside. Don't get me wrong, Chicago market is overall farther ahead then other markets. We do have problem areas, But I know they are getting worked on. I seriously know that by the end of summer, we will have a even stronger network then we do now with ca and 2x20 channel of band 41 and lot more 8t8r sites. This is one of the reasons why I stayed with sprint, oh and the unlimited data. I can easily use 20-30 gb a month when I am traveling a lot for work.

I'm headed to Indy next week, sprint map shows there is quite a bit of turbo coverage there

• 2 weeks later...

Will the sprint b41 or clear b41 labels indicate theoretical performance differences?

They are both capable of 101/14.5, but Sprint is only provisioning backhaul on 8T8R for 40Mbit/s peaks per sector.

They are both capable of 101/14.5, but Sprint is only provisioning backhaul on 8T8R for 40Mbit/s peaks per sector.

I disagree with this statement of provisioning of 40MBPS. I pulled 60+ on one of the towers in the area. 

Nope. Provisioning enough backhaul to either do one carrier in some places, two carriers or more in most places.

I disagree with this statement of provisioning of 40MBPS. I pulled 60+ on one of the towers in the area.

That is completely false.

Nope. Provisioning enough backhaul to either do one carrier in some places, two carriers or more in most places.

Sorry, I got a little confused. I meant that backhaul on new 8T8R sites is provisioned at band 25 levels, which is 40Mbit/s per sector. The equipment is being installed and activated before backhaul is re-provisioned for higher speeds.

Sorry, I got a little confused. I meant that backhaul on new 8T8R sites is provisioned at band 25 levels, which is 40Mbit/s per sector. The equipment is being installed and activated before backhaul is re-provisioned for higher speeds.

No man, no. Band 25 isn't provisioned to max out at 40Mbps depending on backhaul, that's the theoretical maximum download speed for a 5MHz downlink carrier.

No man, no. Band 25 isn't provisioned to max out at 40Mbps depending on backhaul, that's the theoretical maximum download speed for a 5MHz downlink carrier.

Yes, the theoretical max is 37.5 for 5MHz FDD. I recall reading somewhere around here that backhaul was initially provisioned for 40Mbit/s per sector of available bandwidth. Keep in mind that includes allotment for 3G not just LTE

Yes, the theoretical max is 37.5 for 5MHz FDD. I recall reading somewhere around here that backhaul was initially provisioned for 40Mbit/s per sector of available bandwidth. Keep in mind that includes allotment for 3G not just LTE

I read it's 250Mbps. Will edit with source.

In rare instances, I've pulled up to 73/14 from b41 towers. Any idea if part of the 8T8R upgrade/provisioning is meant to lower that result, or is 8T8R just for the b25 & b26? Seems like some towers in the last half year turned on additional bands, but lowered the speed allocation.