Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Sorry, I got a little confused. I meant that backhaul on new 8T8R sites is provisioned at band 25 levels, which is 40Mbit/s per sector. The equipment is being installed and activated before backhaul is re-provisioned for higher speeds.

Maybe, maybe not. I've been getting speeds of 40-60 off of new 8T8R sites. A new 8T8R went live near Kansas City with speeds in the 70s. 

In rare instances, I've pulled up to 73/14 from b41 towers. Any idea if part of the 8T8R upgrade/provisioning is meant to lower that result, or is 8T8R just for the b25 & b26? Seems like some towers in the last half year turned on additional bands, but lowered the speed allocation.

Not sure I understand your question. Adding bands should not in any way lower speeds. 

8T8R antennas only broadcast Sprint B41.

Maybe, maybe not. I've been getting speeds of 40-60 off of new 8T8R sites. A new 8T8R went live near Kansas City with speeds in the 70s.

It all depends on when the backhaul provider re-provisions the site. I remember when the Indy market got its first sites I was topping out at ~35Mbps.

I can't imagine any existing backhaul provisioning being less than 100 meg (~35*3) under most circumstances, so unless all 3 sectors are so heavily loaded to be causing speed tests to stay below 35meg, I would suspect the issue not necessarily with the backhaul provider, but that a sector had been default rate limited to ~35mbs on the site (sprint) routers.

Not sure I understand your question. Adding bands should not in any way lower speeds. 

8T8R antennas only broadcast Sprint B41.

Sorry, I did not realize 8T8R was Sprint B41. Do the Sprint B41 labels in Signal Check indicate 8T8R?

Edited by Axe

Sorry, I did not realize 8T8R was Sprint B41. Do the Sprint B41 labels in Signal Check indicate 8T8R?

This was answered a few pages back, but yes it does. Sprint 41 is 8t8r, clear 41 is clearwire assuming you're up to date.

If you are running Signal Check Lite I don't think it has the latest update. Signal Check Pro like kojitsari if up to date will specify Sprint B41 for 8t8r and Clearwire 41 for Clearwire B41.

If you are running Signal Check Lite I don't think it has the latest update. Signal Check Pro like kojitsari if up to date will specify Sprint B41 for 8t8r and Clearwire 41 for Clearwire B41.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm using Signal Check Pro, so now the label changes make more sense to me.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/st-louis-mo

Sprint is still fourth but it's a much, much closer fourth. They're only 2.8 points beneath market leader T-Mobile.

This is with very little Clearwire and almost no 8T8R.

I think TMus still has better marketing than sprint. I don't even know what sprint's marketing message is.

Uncarrier is brilliant because it's understandable and extensible.

I guess sprints message should somehow revolve around their 2.5ghz but until it's fully deployed they're sticking to "cut your bill in half"

I noticed they re-tested the STL market.  Wonder why.

Since most of the market's landline infrastructure runs through AT&T landline switches, I suspect there was a problem there. From the report:

We recently uncovered an unusual and transitory blocked call issue that impacted multiple networks in the market and have provided an updated report to give you a current look at performance.

I think TMus still has better marketing than sprint. I don't even know what sprint's marketing message is.

Uncarrier is brilliant because it's understandable and extensible.

I guess sprints message should somehow revolve around their 2.5ghz but until it's fully deployed they're sticking to "cut your bill in half"

I thought it was clear that Sprint was pushing the best value in wireless as their marketing message?

Edit: value, not deal

My fail then. I don't watch tv anymore and don't catch commercials, only online ads. And my ads are probably biased cause I'm tracked as visiting tmobile sites.

That's one thing that TMO gets very well: online ad placement. I wish Sprint would cut back on the airwaves a little, and create a stronger online presence.