Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Ding ding ding ding.

First B41 store I've seen so far. Fairview Heights currently isn't and it seems like their phones get bogged down if you take them off WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That store is walking distance to my house. Next time you're up, I'll buy you lunch!

Ding ding ding ding.

First B41 store I've seen so far. Fairview Heights currently isn't and it seems like their phones get bogged down if you take them off WiFi.

The whole Fairview area by the mall is horrid for Sprint right now.  They need to get B41 up ASAP.

That store is walking distance to my house. Next time you're up, I'll buy you lunch!

You live in Fairview? I'm just down the road in O'Fallon!

The whole Fairview area by the mall is horrid for Sprint right now. They need to get B41 up ASAP.

You live in Fairview? I'm just down the road in O'Fallon!

I was referring to the Clayton Rd store... The Fairview store is close to my parents house, though.

• 2 weeks later...

On sprints site for network enhancement it shows a site with 2 data speed upgrades in both hawk point and silex. I found it weird because on their coverage maps it show spotty coverage there.

No one has been out there to see. We assume those are part of the USCC expansion. 20 sites were added into the system this week.

Would you expect these USCC towers are broadcasting LTE already?

Most. There are a few stragglers in central Illinois but they come online within a week or two typically.
  • Like 1

Ding ding ding ding.

Hmm, maybe my memory is foggy. I though a few months back I picked up b41 in the New Halls Ferry/North Waterford store. Could've been farther down the road instead.

Edited by Axe

Hmm, maybe my memory is foggy. I though a few months back I picked up b41 in the New Halls Ferry/North Waterford store. Could've been farther down the road instead.

I haven't been to that location, so I wouldn't know if it's there or not.

Uh oh. AT&T just got bumped down to 4th place in St. Louis. Sprint's upgrades have paid off big time!

It's rare that I'm driving around anywhere in the metro area and don't see LTE. If I have 3G, it's usually because I'm streaming music or have navigation running. Network reliability with a tri-band device is awesome.

It's only a matter of time before Sprint takes the #2 spot from T-Mobile and pulls even with VZW. I can't wait.

• Like 1

Uh oh. AT&T just got bumped down to 4th place in St. Louis. Sprint's upgrades have paid off big time!

Best part:

"Sprint’s median download speed increased from 8.1 Mbps to 11.8 Mbps since December, and Sprint’s median upload speed increased from 4.1 Mbps to 6.0 Mbps."

This is a very good trend showing up in most of Sprint's markets.

• Like 1

Breaking speed limits in Festus

Gotta love that upgraded backhaul5b277f9b95fc24b5032346e4741f90d1.jpg

Now if Sprint can just finish NV1.0 between Festus and Cape G. on I-55 and get B25 going. Its sad going south (from Festus) and losing LTE when going north has such a great (tri-band) experience.

Not sure if there's much to brag about. Speeds are probably fine in underpopulated areas, but urban STL is already way over capacity, even with triband.

Downtown/midtown has similar LTE speeds during daylight hours.

79e798ed2cdd09f0a91cc705faa3e7c8.jpg