Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Thanks, I do appreciate the information.  It's nice to get the very latest on what's going on with Sprint here in the Springfield area.  Makes my decision a little more interesting.  It would certainly be nice to have unlimited data on a fast network.  Unlimited is nice, but when it's at 1MB down or worse (I get 100kb down at my office...dial-up on steroids), it doesn't mean a whole lot.  Spark sounds very promising and much needed!

Thought you might like to know that the site by Sam's on Campbell is broadcasting Band 26 again, basically doubling the capacity in the area. I was connecting to that site while eating at Culver's by Lowes this afternoon. 

Are you thinking about getting the iPhone 6?

• Like 1

Went to the cardinals game last night and had great b41 speeds. I was with a few cousins that have Verizon and we did speed tests side by side and at the begining of the game speeds were comparable on both networks in the mid 30's down and around 10 up. Then around the 7th inning we did another test and speeds on Verizon dropped to around 13 down and 10 up while sprint was pretty much unchanged from the first test. In the past they always gave me trouble about sprint but last night sprint shut them up. I know b41 isnt anything new at the ballpark but just wanted to share because it was a moment I was proud to be a sprint customer.

• Like 5

Great to hear. Unfortunately I don't travel to downtown STL often. I'll be glad when I can finally experience B41 without having to hunt for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went to the cardinals game last night and had great b41 speeds. I was with a few cousins that have Verizon and we did speed tests side by side and at the begining of the game speeds were comparable on both networks in the mid 30's down and around 10 up. Then around the 7th inning we did another test and speeds on Verizon dropped to around 13 down and 10 up while sprint was pretty much unchanged from the first test. In the past they always gave me trouble about sprint but last night sprint shut them up. I know b41 isnt anything new at the ballpark but just wanted to share because it was a moment I was proud to be a sprint customer.

This is great to hear. Last time I was at a game in May service was absolutely horrid. No band 41 on my Nexus 5 and 3G was horrid. It was so bad that I switched to my T-Mobile prepaid SIM just to have some form of usable data.
  • Like 1

This is great to hear. Last time I was at a game in May service was absolutely horrid. No band 41 on my Nexus 5 and 3G was horrid. It was so bad that I switched to my T-Mobile prepaid SIM just to have some form of usable data.

My previous experience at Busch stadium was a lot different. It was mid June right after the spark update (for the nexus 5) and I was on the first base side in the 200s level and data was usable (around 2 Mbps) but no where near like it was this time. My experience this time was much better, but I was on the 3rd base side 200s level. My RSRP Tuesday night was around -95. I also went in ballpark village for the first time and checked my phone inside and had almost equal speeds in there as well. So I'm not sure if one side of the stadium has better coverage or if something was optimized since the last time I was there.

I work at best buy in the valley...shows 1 bar lte then to 3g.
Unless you guys are hanging out near the bridge getting decent service or at olive and 40 to get service. But I've worked here for years and signal says b41 but 0.56 download speed and texts fail.

Mimi's Cafe.  Yummy breakfast.  Potato cakes egg benedict.  Bacon and apple waffles.  Cinammon roll french toast.

*drool*

I wish they had them here in the Upper Midwest.

Anyone having issues today. Since around midnight I keep flipping to EVDO instead of LTE or even eHRPD this has been primarily in North County on the 270 and 70 corridors. I have Band 41 disabled because I found tethering wouldn't work when connected to Band 41. Also I've had issues on two different towers in St Charles County where the Internet was almost nonexistent on 3g and band 25/26 one was tr hughes and cool Springs ind in O'Fallon the other Lake St Louis Blvd and Ronald Reagan in Lake St Louis.

Anyone having issues today. Since around midnight I keep flipping to EVDO instead of LTE or even eHRPD this has been primarily in North County on the 270 and 70 corridors. I have Band 41 disabled because I found tethering wouldn't work when connected to Band 41. Also I've had issues on two different towers in St Charles County where the Internet was almost nonexistent on 3g and band 25/26 one was tr hughes and cool Springs ind in O'Fallon the other Lake St Louis Blvd and Ronald Reagan in Lake St Louis.

I had issues last night at midnight but none since

I live near Ronald Reagan in Lake St Louis and have noticed band 25/26 are becoming kinda overburdened all the time.

I live near Ronald Reagan in Lake St Louis and have noticed band 25/26 are becoming kinda overburdened all the time.

I'm guessing that's what the tr hughes tower is too then because it occasionally works and seems to be covering a good area considering where I pick it up compared to other towers in the area.
  • Like 1

Oh well thanks for the quick response!

Just because none have been reported doesn't mean they aren't out there. The permitting system in St. Louis County allows you to see when permits have been applied for. St. Charles is not so friendly as to let you look online (that I know of). Keep your eyes to the sky. If you know how to identify Sprint equipment look to see if there are any extra panels on it and if you aren't sure take a picture and upload it and we can help you identify if they are 8T8R panels.