Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

From the Busch press box area...just now (8:35pm)...via Sensorly

iPhone 5c LTE:

Download: FAILED

Ping: FAILED

Upload: FAILED

iPhone 5c 3G:

after phone restart, iPhone 5c locked in on 1x

...same location at 10am (prior to Game 1 of the day)...same phone via LTE:

Download: 0.53M

Ping: 465ms

Upload: 0.67M

...Band 41 makes a difference, eh?!

We've traveled in the Disney and Cocoa Beach area again; WDW has holes but is improving. Cocoa Beach is wonderful; Facetiming on the waterfront (and not far from sharks, apparently!) back home worked splendidly.

Yeah. Band 41 makes a huge difference. If you connect to it. Which you can't. Since you have an iPhone.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

Just came inside from doing yard work and noticed my nexus 5 is holding on to a band 41 signal in my room for the first time. I'm pretty sure its the same tower I've been getting a weaker signal from outside for months but for some reason tonight its hanging on in my room. Why the sudden change?

Just came inside from doing yard work and noticed my nexus 5 is holding on to a band 41 signal in my room for the first time. I'm pretty sure its the same tower I've been getting a weaker signal from outside for months but for some reason tonight its hanging on in my room. Why the sudden change?

It's because we cleaned your room. We had to hold an intervention. Buddy, you were nose blind. But we took care of it. Now your room is clean and fresh and B41 signals want to linger longer. ;)

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by S4GRU
Damn Tapatalk! Had to move video to separate post
  • Like 1

I can not identify this B26 location the PCI 93 I didn't see on the B25 list in St Charles County this was on the far northwest side of O'Fallon MO.

You are rockin the N5 right?

No LG G Flex I just edited the double post as you replied

Where were you exactly when you got that reading? I'll be out there Tuesday and will see what I can dig up.

Where were you exactly when you got that reading? I'll be out there Tuesday and will see what I can dig up.

Approximately where this marker is Hoff Rd is marked on the left and the exits on 70 is the Lake St Louis and Bryan Rd exits

94a464df76891c46a56aea38e8ebe08e.jpg

So Jessmann I took a trip out there today and found your mystery tower. If you go to the sponsor thread and look at the last update by lilg the tower was accepted on that one. However that tower is not broadcasting B25 but is definitely broadcasting B26 as I was parked under it with B26 turned off and phone wouldn't connect to it at all. 

So Jessmann I took a trip out there today and found your mystery tower. If you go to the sponsor thread and look at the last update by lilg the tower was accepted on that one. However that tower is not broadcasting B25 but is definitely broadcasting B26 as I was parked under it with B26 turned off and phone wouldn't connect to it at all.

So my guess was right for the previously accepted 3G tower is pushing 26 funny no 25

My guess is this is MO B and MO 21 in Hillsboro MO the Band 25 does not have the PCI on the spreadsheet but is 3G/4G/800 so this band 26 is likely from the same. Captured at the Jefferson County Courthouse in Hillsboro and got band 26 already from the other Hillsboro tower as well

d33f9392217620caa3666092466df5fb.jpg

Hey all -- I used to be a daily visitor (and occasional commentator) to this forum, but I made a move to SW MO, and, long story short, I ended up with an LTE tower right next to my apartment and stopped checking in as much.

I've come to the end of another 2 year contract with Sprint, and I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with the promises of faster data speeds with certain areas going seemingly untouched.  This group has always been great about getting good info out about network progress in MO and I was wondering if, based on updates to come, it would be a foolish time to move away to another carrier?  I realize such a decision is personal, but I appreciate the technical aspects of the network update conversation and wanted to see what the knowledgeable folks here have to say.

Hey all -- I used to be a daily visitor (and occasional commentator) to this forum, but I made a move to SW MO, and, long story short, I ended up with an LTE tower right next to my apartment and stopped checking in as much.

I've come to the end of another 2 year contract with Sprint, and I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with the promises of faster data speeds with certain areas going seemingly untouched. This group has always been great about getting good info out about network progress in MO and I was wondering if, based on updates to come, it would be a foolish time to move away to another carrier? I realize such a decision is personal, but I appreciate the technical aspects of the network update conversation and wanted to see what the knowledgeable folks here have to say.

What part of SW MO? That's my neck of the woods.

Sent from my LG G3

I work near Cox South and I can hardly get a web page to load when I'm not on Wifi.  Insanely frustrating.  That and I travel up to the Lake or down to Branson to either visit my family or my girlfriend's family and my battery drains fast while my phone searches for a steady signal.  I know her AT&T phone works well in all areas.

I'm in Springfield, now.  Looks like you are too.  

I work near Cox South and I can hardly get a web page to load when I'm not on Wifi.  Insanely frustrating.  That and I travel up to the Lake or down to Branson to either visit my family or my girlfriend's family and my battery drains fast while my phone searches for a steady signal.  I know her AT&T phone works well in all areas.

Springfield is the black hole of the Missouri market. 

However, we are turning the corner. Springfield gov't has been pushing back again Sprint for the past year preventing them from upgrading all the towers in town. Permits have been pulled on some sites for over a year. 6 of them were just recently approved in the last month, and we're starting to see equipment move. So far, 9 sites have NV equipment, but only 3 of them have been fired up. The rest should be coming along here by the end of the month. 

South National will be a problem for a few months, as the closest site to that area has to be decommissioned because Sprint won't be allowed to upgrade it to NV standards. However, the rest of town should start to see better LTE coverage this month.

When you upgrade to the iPhone 6 - or any other Spark device - you will gain access to Band 26 LTE, which is coming online around the Lakes and is already online in Branson. Band 26 provides better signal strength, a bigger coverage zone and better in building coverage. 

How are you getting to Branson? The last few times I've been down there signal has been excellent, and speeds have stayed above 10Mbps, even during the American Idol auditions on the landing. (I was working, not trying out :P )

Highway 5 between Lebanon and Camdenton has no native coverage, however 1x800 and B26 has shrunk the no coverage hole quite a bit. The sites at Lake of the Ozarks just had LTE brought online this month, so coverage is improving there. Rickie, an active member from the Lakes area has been tracking that rollout.

If you feel like you can, I would recommend become a Sponsor, I can give you much more detailed information about tower status and locations in the sponsors area. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the update.  Lots of good info, there. I was a sponsor last year, but I guess it has since lapsed.  I take 13 down to Branson.  My folks actually live in Branson West.  There's an LTE tower less than two miles from their house and I don't get LTE unless I walk 50 feet up the street.  

Interesting about that tower on South National.  That's kind of a bad deal -- sorry to hear that.  The other day I wondered if there was tower work going on.  I could barely make a phone call at my office.  Voices were digitally garbled.  Almost sounded like computer voices at the beginning and ending of words.  First time I've ever had that happen.

I wonder how the announcement from the new CEO regarding the Spark rollout will impact Springfield if it isn't already here.

Thanks for the update.  Lots of good info, there. I was a sponsor last year, but I guess it has since lapsed.  I take 13 down to Branson.  My folks actually live in Branson West.  There's an LTE tower less than two miles from their house and I don't get LTE unless I walk 50 feet up the street.  

Interesting about that tower on South National.  That's kind of a bad deal -- sorry to hear that.  The other day I wondered if there was tower work going on.  I could barely make a phone call at my office.  Voices were digitally garbled.  Almost sounded like computer voices at the beginning and ending of words.  First time I've ever had that happen.

I wonder how the announcement from the new CEO regarding the Spark rollout will impact Springfield if it isn't already here.

Ahhh.. Highway 13. There is no good coverage on 13 (South of Nixa anyway), and there probably won't  be. However, Highway 65 has full Band 25/26 LTE coverage the whole way from the James River interchange through Branson. 

Where in Branson West? There are only like 2 sites in that area, and one still hasn't had LTE activated for some reason. A Spark device will help in that area as well, since Band 26 is live.

The tower that I connect to with a little walking is the one in Branson West just off of 76 and near 13.  Cool to hear that it is Band 26.  Sounds like an iPhone 6 would help, there.  

I usually take 13 down to avoid traffic/big hills.  Little 4 cylinder engines don't like those grades too much. :) 

The tower that I connect to with a little walking is the one in Branson West just off of 76 and near 13.  Cool to hear that it is Band 26.  Sounds like an iPhone 6 would help, there.  

I usually take 13 down to avoid traffic/big hills.  Little 4 cylinder engines don't like those grades too much. :)

Also, just another bit of information, Sprint does have permits pulled to put up Band 41 (spark) equipment on a few of the towers around town, and those permits are approved. Permits are good for 6 months, so it's hard to say when they will actually deploy the equipment.

Also, just another bit of information, Sprint does have permits pulled to put up Band 41 (spark) equipment on a few of the towers around town, and those permits are approved. Permits are good for 6 months, so it's hard to say when they will actually deploy the equipment.

Thanks, I do appreciate the information.  It's nice to get the very latest on what's going on with Sprint here in the Springfield area.  Makes my decision a little more interesting.  It would certainly be nice to have unlimited data on a fast network.  Unlimited is nice, but when it's at 1MB down or worse (I get 100kb down at my office...dial-up on steroids), it doesn't mean a whole lot.  Spark sounds very promising and much needed!