Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Not at all I'm all stock but my phone has had trouble connecting to 4G even when at the tower I haven't messed with any of the settings except putting the phone in LTE only mode to map when the first tower went live because my phone wouldn't pick it up otherwise then switched back to auto mode you think there's something wrong with the phone it is a refurb

It's possible. The only way to figure it put is to have another LTE device in the same area over a period of time to see if it experiences the same problems.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

No, it is just the idiosyncratic EVO LTE.

AJ

No, it is just the idiosyncratic EVO LTE.

AJ

That's what I thought was it's just the known issues there were with the phone but from what it sounds like there might be more to it I just can't wait to get a Sammy and forget all about HTC

St. Louis probably needs 600 towers near Busch Stadium in the summer alone... getting a signal inside the stadium during a Cardinals game is brutal.

This.

I haven't tried with a 4G LTE phone on any of the carriers, but I know from going to games last year that Verizon was absolutely brutal to use. Data wouldn't even work. Lots of time, the phone would just straight go back to 1X.

I know US Cellular was the wireless sponsor of the Cardinals, but with the Sprint takeover of that market, I have no clue who takes over.

St. Louis probably needs 600 towers near Busch Stadium in the summer alone... getting a signal inside the stadium during a Cardinals game is brutal.

Haha, I was at Scott Trade Center the other night for a Blues game and boy was that brutal. I had nearly full bars of 3G service yet couldn't get any data to go through during the game. I got there early and was on twitter getting last minute updates on players for the game with no problem....then the people piled in. I spent 35% of my battery trying to send a couple texts through google voice....talk about frustrating.

# KC03RW411 (36.98472, -94.46222) has been passed ATP. Forwarded to Sprint for Approval.

Near 175(Range Line if your still in town) south of Joplin about 2 miles past River road if you don't want to look it up.

correct me if I'm wrong, but all of these towers people keep posting are Kansas City market and not Missouri Market and stand a good chance at not being relevant for the "Missouri market".

Nope, no offense, but you are wrong. The Joplin "metro" is in the Kansas City MTA per Sprint's PCS license and MSC. But it is in the Missouri market per Sprint's internal organization.

Nearly a year ago, Robert and digiblur put together a superb county by county market map:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/articles/nationwide-sprint-market-map-is-here-r31

AJ

Ahh, thanks for that clarification, that map is drastically different than the one I saw, and also all of the tower codes started with # KC.

Edit: Can't see the map I saw but it basically had "Missouri" market as from Saint Charles county through southern IL and into Indiana.

Edited by cornelious2

Ahh, thanks for that clarification, that map is drastically different than the one I saw, and also all of the tower codes started with # KC.

Edit: Can't see the map I saw but it basically had "Missouri" market as from Saint Charles county through southern IL and into Indiana.

The prefix at the beginning on a Cascade ID does not denote market. It sure would be nice if they did. Some markets have 4 or 5 different prefixes.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Mapped a couple of Carl junction spots while drinking with a friend last night it was the best mapping trip I ever took :-P I just want to clarify I wasn't drinking and driving I mapped on the way there lol

• Like 1

Mapped a couple of Carl junction spots while drinking with a friend last night it was the best mapping trip I ever took :-P I just want to clarify I wasn't drinking and driving I mapped on the way there lol

I'm glad you clarified. I get a lot of heat from members when I say I responded from the car, but I didn't respond while driving. But rather I responded when stopped at a light or a fast food drive thru. People like to jump to conclusions. :)

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

So far, I don't see any proof that the Carl Junction site is actually on. When I was there, I was picking up the site out of Webb City. I'm not seeing the dark purple I'd like to see in Carl Junction.

Maybe I can help.

Ok epic faik. MY BAD.

No kidding. If you wanted to make a "purple" reference joke, you should have gone with this...

AJ

• Like 1