Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

My mind is trying to imagine how Robert gets a new source. I picture trench coats with up turned collars and skid row 24 hour cell phone stores... Exchanges of sealed envelopes.... I need to get out more.

• Like 3

The closest in progress is about 17 miles from home, I may go take a reference picture this weekend.

I was hoping you would. These are from site dispatch reports. These are new to me. I'd love to get some verification. They may have started already. They may be about to start. I'm not sure in what stage these sites are in exactly. Let me know what you find.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

My mind is trying to imagine how Robert gets a new source. I picture trench coats with up turned collars...

Oh, man, you outed him. Yep, Robert's main source is the old Sprint PCS "trench coat guy."

BrianBakerSprintGuy-Color_000.jpg

:P

AJ

• Like 2

So since work is starting to begin or already may have begun, how soon can we see some sort of LTE?

It could be in 20 minutes, it could be 4 months.

The state at which these sites are in progress, the subcontractors financial incentive to complete 4G sites and the backhaul availability to these sites all come into play.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So since work is starting to begin or already may have begun, how soon can we see some sort of LTE?

Once we get some eyes on those sites to figure out what exactly in-progress means, we'll have a little better idea. But even then, some sites get NV equipment and sit for months before being activated, and others get activated the next day, so it's hard to tell. I would say though, that we are probably within 60 days of seeing the first LTE signals, possibly sooner. That's just a guess though.

--

Edit: quoted the wrong post.

So consider me a "noob". where do I find this listing of "new" sites in progress that were mentioned on 12/26

Here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Sponsorship is required to access that page. For more info about becoming a S4GRU Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

Here: http://s4gru.com/ind...sites-complete/

Sponsorship is required to access that page. For more info about becoming a S4GRU Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Robert

I looked at the map, and it shows 2 sites, one in florrisant and one deeper in st. Louis are these for the lte that are being worked on? because if they are, then I'm going to drive up there now to take some pictures or check it out.

I looked at the map, and it shows 2 sites, one in florrisant and one deeper in st. Louis are these for the lte that are being worked on? because if they are, then I'm going to drive up there now to take some pictures or check it out.

This is part of the NV upgrade that includes LTE, yes. We don't know what state these sites are in, whether there will be any physical work going on or not. But if you can get up there and take a picture, please do! And let us know what you find!

This is part of the NV upgrade that includes LTE, yes. We don't know what state these sites are in, whether there will be any physical work going on or not. But if you can get up there and take a picture, please do! And let us know what you find!

I'm about to start heading that way now, so I'll post pictures when I get back in an hour or so.

• Like 2

I can tell you I have visited three sites around lake of the Ozarks with no action. Look for a smaller base station next to bigger one, or signs of new fiber being ran to the site.

Hope your successful!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

I was hoping you would. These are from site dispatch reports. These are new to me. I'd love to get some verification. They may have started already. They may be about to start. I'm not sure in what stage these sites are in exactly. Let me know what you find.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I have access to a Fuji-film Finepix S4300 camera, I should be able to do better than the phone pictures. It's a cheap wide zoom with a max of 500mm 35 equivalent telephoto optical zoom. 14Mega pixels... Man they got cheap. This one cost my buddy like $150.

These probably aren't the best pictures' date=' or the ones I needed to post, but I just took pictures of everything I saw. This site was the one in Florissant.

[/quote']

Hard to tell. I'm the pics of the panels I see what could be a panel but if you can take any better pics of the panels sometime might help see.thanks for the effort!

Hard to tell. I'm the pics of the panels I see what could be a panel but if you can take any better pics of the panels sometime might help see.thanks for the effort!

So I can do my best when I go take some pictures by panels do you mean the antennas up on the tower or the cabinets on the ground?

The cabinets look like they may have been there a while.

I guess the 4 things in the first photo are not RRU's mounted in a bunch a few feet off the ground.

Thanks for taking some pictures, saves me a trip. Looks like you walked right up to the site. Mind telling me what the zoom was of your camera, 35mm equivalent if you know?

So I can do my best when I go take some pictures by panels do you mean the antennas up on the tower or the cabinets on the ground?

Panels, antennas, same thing. A bit further from the tower would make it easier to see what is going on with the panels.

The cabinets look like they may have been there a while.

I guess the 4 things in the first photo are not RRU's mounted in a bunch a few feet off the ground.

It could be RRUs, they're not always mounted with the panels, though the majority of the time they are. I doubt those are Sprints though, no reason for them to not be on the tower in this case.

• Like 1

Panels' date=' antennas, same thing. A bit further from the tower would make it easier to see what is going on with the panels.

It could be RRUs, they're not always mounted with the panels, though the majority of the time they are. I doubt those are Sprints though, no reason for them to not be on the tower in this case.[/quote']

Do what the weather man said and hope we can tell for sure.also take many pics of each set of antennas.

I'm not seeing Ericsson NV cabinets. I only saw what appeared to be legacy Sprint panels on the rung that appeared to be Sprint to me. :(

Robert