Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I was in Nevada, just happened to be on my way home lol. But Nevada is part of the Kansas Market, so unfortunately no related to Joplin. Last time I was in Joplin (before Thanksgiving) there was no sign of work being done. There are a bunch of sites that are completed, equipment wise from Nevada north to Harrisonville on US 71, but no signal from them. I could even see the little green lights on the RRUs as I drove by.

Soon you'll have to start using the I-49 moniker. I believe that is official on December 12th. It would sure be nice if AR would speed things up around Bella Vista. Too bad about Nevada being in the KS market. I don't remember all of the boundaries for the markets in that area. Hopefully they get all of those towers broadcasting LTE soon. It doesn't help me since I'm still using a V950 but I do like watching the progress.

• Like 1

Oh please. People here in St. Louis still call i-64 "highway farty (40)" many decades later. :-)

The horrible memories of driving the portion south of I-70 with the stoplights. Of course that is 61 to me since I was coming from the north on 61. They still aren't done with the 64 upgrades as now the new bridge is underway.

I-49 is kind of exciting as it is a long section of new interstate. Of course they need to finish the part in KC with the stop lights. Emmanuel Cleaver needs to lead a charge to do what is right for safety. They have major accidents there almost daily. I don't know why they thought having at grade intersections would keep the area together. The highway is a larger barrier with at grade intersections than it would be with urban interchanges.

I live about 30 minutes away from St. Louis, and I used to get over 1.0 mbps or an average of .8 but recently I've been getting around .2 or .3 mbps. Do you think that they might be doing work around here and trying to get better speeds, so they're service is not as fast? I've been really disappointed. and actually when I was in St. Louis for a night, my phone would't load a single thing. no maps, no facebook, no google on safari. disappointed.

I live about 30 minutes away from St. Louis, and I used to get over 1.0 mbps or an average of .8 but recently I've been getting around .2 or .3 mbps. Do you think that they might be doing work around here and trying to get better speeds, so they're service is not as fast? I've been really disappointed. and actually when I was in St. Louis for a night, my phone would't load a single thing. no maps, no facebook, no google on safari. disappointed.

Maybe. But the network will deteriorate further until Network Vision upgrades occur too. So it's hard to say.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Maybe. But the network will deteriorate further until Network Vision upgrades occur too. So it's hard to say.

I'd bet on further deterioration rather than upgrades in progress. And yes, as someone who lives in St. Louis, it's hideous in a huge percentage of the market. Worst part is that they've trained store reps to claim they "go all over St. Louis and get great speeds" and "you're the first person I've ever heard complain about the data speeds." I've heard that from multiple reps, in multiple stores, over a period of time. I refuse to believe it's anything but a bald-faced lie, and coming from so many people, I have to think they're trained to do it. It'd be nice if they'd just be honest, acknowledge there are issues, and talk up Sprint's plans for the new network.

There is hope for the future. But things will probably continue to get worse before they get better.

• Like 1

My contract was up in September, and rather than switch carriers, I renewed and got an EVO 4G LTE, also added some new lines to my account, ported from AT&T. Was promised by the rep that we would have LTE in January... that's not going to happen is it?

I live in St. Charles, and work in downtown St. Louis. Interestingly enough, I get better data speeds in St. Charles. Driving home, the speeds pick up just after I pass the airport.

Also I have customers on the east side... and data connectivity in IL is dismal. Even regular cell signal is bad over there... at my parents house in Granite City I have to go outside to make a call. And they live in a single story 3 bedroom house.

Edited by jerwiles

I live in St Charles and my guess is May to August. St Louis isn't even announced yet, Joplin (same Sprint market) was annouced Oct 12th and no signs of LTE nor reports of activity at Joplin towers yet

It certainly won't be January unless there is some sort of surprise. But, I do think it will be sooner than summer. I'm hoping the first signals start showing up in February. Though, given the announcement one would think it would be sooner.

February for Joplin or St Louis?

I think work will start in the STL area before the end of Winter.

Robert

I'm more thinking it will just be announced as "in the coming months" about the end of winter and a few more months before much if anything gets done. I hope your right, you have more insite than I do, that's just my gut feeling on the timing. I guess it depends a lot on if St Louis is the next Missouri market city announced or if they do Springfield or somewhere else first.

• Like 1

I'm more thinking it will just be announced as "in the coming months" about the end of winter and a few more months before much if anything gets done. I hope your right, you have more insite than I do, that's just my gut feeling on the timing. I guess it depends a lot on if St Louis is the next Missouri market city announced or if they do Springfield or somewhere else first.

The announcements mean nothing. Most major markets had work under way long before announcements. San Francisco, DC, Raleigh to name a few off the top of my head. They cannot announce larger markets right as they start because they take so much longer to deploy.

• Like 1

The announcements mean nothing. Most major markets had work under way long before announcements. San Francisco, DC, Raleigh to name a few off the top of my head. They cannot announce larger markets right as they start because they take so much longer to deploy.

Thanks Robert, like I said you have more insight than I do. I am all set to plot it on Sensorly as soon as it starts here.

• Like 1

This sounds a lot like what I hear from my family in Kirkwood that's still on Sprint. Verizon and AT&T's LTE has tested great there, and T-Mobile is really going bananas with the refarm.

Most of the people at the table couldn't believe the family members that did even renewed with Sprint. I tried using some of the knowledge I learned on here to calm the table down, but most of them were like "Why didn't you go to AT&T?" Keep in mind AT&T and Verizon are both really good here.

I just hope something gets moving soon. Maybe acquiring the USCC spectrum will help.

This sounds a lot like what I hear from my family in Kirkwood that's still on Sprint. Verizon and AT&T's LTE has tested great there, and T-Mobile is really going bananas with the refarm.

Most of the people at the table couldn't believe the family members that did even renewed with Sprint. I tried using some of the knowledge I learned on here to calm the table down, but most of them were like "Why didn't you go to AT&T?" Keep in mind AT&T and Verizon are both really good here.

I just hope something gets moving soon. Maybe acquiring the USCC spectrum will help.

I'm sorry, I read that and it makes me think of Jonestown and your family members are chiding you for not drinking the Koolaid.

Robert

Corbis-U1981911.jpg?size=67&uid=96cdc487-82de-4b28-b151-76aab8fe13a6

"Come to me, my children." - Randall Stephenson.

I'm sorry, I read that and it makes me think of Jonestown and your family members are chiding you for not drinking the Koolaid.

Robert

That's what normal people are thinking that don't read boards like this. Please don't shoot the messenger.

That's what normal people are thinking that don't read boards like this. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I'm definitely not shooting the messenger. I understand. My point is that if we all did like that and joined AT&T and VZW, competition would go out of business and these two networks usage would swell and performance would degrade. Prices would skyrocket and they would have no incentive to do anything to compete and upgrade.

The "come join us" mentality kind of perturbs me. Because if we all joined them, it would be the end of the wireless industry and the American Consumer would get completely shafted. Our buying decisions are much larger than most people realize. People think of it as the difference in choice between Chocolate and Vanilla. And it is much bigger than that.

Robert

• Like 1

I'm definitely not shooting the messenger. I understand. My point is that if we all did like that and joined AT&T and VZW, competition would go out of business and these two networks usage would swell and performance would degrade. Prices would skyrocket and they would have no incentive to do anything to compete and upgrade.

The "come join us" mentality kind of perturbs me. Because if we all joined them, it would be the end of the wireless industry and the American Consumer would get completely shafted. Our buying decisions are much larger than most people realize. People think of it as the difference in choice between Chocolate and Vanilla. And it is much bigger than that.

Robert

I live in the land of Chocolate only, I understand completely. I am looking to bolt from VZW, but the only way I can move to Sprint is to literally move. I could go to AT&T, but they aren't any better here, and T-Mo is a big fat ball of EDGE. Alltel doesn't have any real quality phones to speak of here. They're the closest thing to Sprint in Chester, but they have lousy phones and worse coverage. Most of the time I'd be roaming on Sprint anyway.

So yeah, I'm stuck. I'll wait until the bitter end but I'm probably going to have to sign another deal with Satan, I mean Big Red.

Edited by Fraydog
  • Like 3

If you go to Credo Mobile (who use the Sprint network) they will pay your cancellation fees - up to $350 per line, via account credit. I just switched to Credo from AT&T a couple months ago and I'm liking them. Got an SGS3 free but that was a special Black Friday deal they were running. They're still pretty discounted now I think, haven't gone to the site in a while.

Sprint network sucks at the moment but I'm thinking it'll be worth the wait once they finally get LTE here.

Edited by grazamataz

Picked up a new source today. They provided me a list of Missouri, Central Illinois and East Iowa sites that are on a site dispatch report. I will be marking the sites In Progress later tonight when I get home.

Robert

• Like 6

Picked up a new source today. They provided me a list of Missouri, Central Illinois and East Iowa sites that are on a site dispatch report. I will be marking the sites In Progress later tonight when I get home.

Robert

It looks like my christmas wish will come true!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD