Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

2 hours ago, Trip said:

I have still been unable to figure out why I can't seem to get this deal, even though your phones were older than mine.  Yesterday the Sprint site popped up a big warning when I logged in telling me to upgrade, and when I went to the phone page, it said $0/mo, right up until I got to checkout, at which point the number increased back to the $16.67/mo I had seen previously.  Chat was clueless--first person suddenly disconnected when I asked after they initially ignored my question and went into a spiel, and the second basically talked in circles.

- Trip

I do not know why I got this deal and you can not get it.  My phones were older S-9's but were working good on 4G &  VOLTE.  The only thing I did was refuse to install a TM Sim many times. The one notification I got was kind of stupid as it said my phone was going to stop working.  Well, it might of been correct if I held on for a long enough time.  I returned a text to TM and told them I was not going to ever swap sims until they had a network in my area that was capable of beating the old Shentel network.  If they could not do that, I would eventually move to another carrier.  I will never know where my reply went or if it caused the great offer to appear on my account.

Maybe that fact that my trade-ins were Samsung may have given me some extra points. I am not sure what phone you are trying to trade in.

Chamb

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 8:37 AM, PythonFanPA said:

Just noticed this as I hadn't tried using it since, but is the Flashlight option broken after the update for anyone else?  Hoping this is just a software issue and not hardware on my end.  I'm on the direct from Samsung unlocked version particularly here.

There obviously had to have been a software bug in the mix somehow with this....after the 2nd May update, suddenly the Flashlight on my unlocked S22+ is working again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

There obviously had to have been a software bug in the mix somehow with this....after the 2nd May update, suddenly the Flashlight on my unlocked S22+ is working again.

I have two plain S-22's, no plus version.  The flashlight has been fine.  Always worked through all the updates.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 7:46 PM, IrwinshereAgain said:

Does anyone know if the newest trade in offer for the S22 of 799 for a S20 FE applies to the Magenta Max 55+?

Apparently I only qualified for the 600 dollar trade in allowance.

Note, I now have the new S22.  The reception I am getting seems to better than my old S20 FE 5G.  At home I was averaging about 200 Mbps and now I am getting  over 300 Mbps.  At my local library,  I had to use WiFi since my signal was too weak.  The S22 gave me a usable signal inside the library.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 3:56 PM, iansltx said:

Ordered a graphite one (no hurry so I don't mind it taking weeks to show up) as, net of me sending in my S21, it'll be $225 for the 256GB version. Given that I got my S20 heavily subsidized and got the S21 for $150 with trade-in, I'll take it. Slightly shorter phone will be nice, as will n77 and eventual 71+41+41 NR CA.

Just curious what everyone does with their old cell phone cases when they trade in the old phone.  Does T mobile take them?

I am not trying to sell anything on here, just looking for ideas because I don't know what to do with the UB Pro case from my old S20 fe 5g I am trading in.  Ebay? Craigslist?  Donate to thrift store?

7 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Must be nice. T-Mobile is slacking on approval this month. 

I saw there are already two June updates released on some phones. Last month there were two May updates and TMo waited and rolled them all into one. 

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

FYI for the update coming any day now. The Samsung Band Selection app will no longer work. 

Can confirm, now my AT&T phone gives an error when opening the band selector app. 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Yet another reason to keep my LG V60.  :(

Robert

Hopefully T-Mobile keeps the *#2263# menu enabled. Honestly I use that more than the band selector app since the app used to be fairly glitchy. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Hopefully T-Mobile keeps the *#2263# menu enabled. Honestly I use that more than the band selector app since the app used to be fairly glitchy. 

Only way to go with most other carriers for band selection.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:15 PM, mdob07 said:

I assumed it closed down both avenues, so that's good to know that the dialer code way still works. 

Robert

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

June update finally available on locked! 

T-Mobile needs to bring back the Sprint software testers so these get out more quickly. Same version that dumb and dumber OKd week+ ago. 

Just updated on Tmobile S22.  Huge update file, almost 1.8 GB. 

29 minutes ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

Just updated on Tmobile S22.  Huge update file, almost 1.8 GB. 

Please leave us know what features or options are broken with the update.  I always wait a few days until somebody else finds the bug(s).  I am not brave enough to install it on the first day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chamb said:

Please leave us know what features or options are broken with the update.  I always wait a few days until somebody else finds the bug(s).  I am not brave enough to install it on the first day.

I usually wait also.  Don't know what got into me.  Will post anything I find. 

The 2263 menu is still working post update thankfully. I noticed T-Mobile still hasn't added either n2 or n25, so the S22 they used for that 3gbps test must have been using custom firmware. Currently my S22 Ultra has n1 NSA, n3 NSA, n5 NSA, n7 NSA, n8 NSA, n20 NSA, n28 NSA, n38 NSA, n41 SA and NSA, n66 SA and NSA, n71 SA and NSA, n260 NSA, & n261 NSA on the NR5G Band preference menu. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

The 2263 menu is still working post update thankfully. I noticed T-Mobile still hasn't added either n2 or n25, so the S22 they used for that 3gbps test must have been using custom firmware. Currently my S22 Ultra has n1 NSA, n3 NSA, n5 NSA, n7 NSA, n8 NSA, n20 NSA, n28 NSA, n38 NSA, n41 SA and NSA, n66 SA and NSA, n71 SA and NSA, n260 NSA, & n261 NSA on the NR5G Band preference menu. 

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't enabled N25 yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdob07 said:

So annoying, they also didn't add n258 either which they have been slowly rolling out. Also, they didn't fix the issue where the *#0011# menu doesn't show the second n41 carrier. At this point, it seems like the S21U is their chosen phone and they are intent on ignoring the S22. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

So annoying, they also didn't add n258 either which they have been slowly rolling out. Also, they didn't fix the issue where the *#0011# menu doesn't show the second n41 carrier. At this point, it seems like the S21U is their chosen phone and they are intent on ignoring the S22. 

Yeah its weird how they aren't standardized on at least the same brand of phone with what they have enabled. On my s20+ they didn't even have n66 enabled on it as of end of February when I traded it in even though there were n66 hits on cellmapper, so it was live in at least some parts of the country. 

• Like 1