Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

3 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

How does this work?  What about over home wi-fi?  What if you switch sims to another carrier?  How long is required?

You could put in another carrier SIM to update.  For whatever reason T-Mobile isn't releasing it yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, gr8nuguy said:

May security update just hit my phone

And its not even May yet, what is happening??? That's 4 weeks before I expected to see it.

• Like 2

Ordered a graphite one (no hurry so I don't mind it taking weeks to show up) as, net of me sending in my S21, it'll be $225 for the 256GB version. Given that I got my S20 heavily subsidized and got the S21 for $150 with trade-in, I'll take it. Slightly shorter phone will be nice, as will n77 and eventual 71+41+41 NR CA.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, iansltx said:

Ordered a graphite one (no hurry so I don't mind it taking weeks to show up) as, net of me sending in my S21, it'll be $225 for the 256GB version. Given that I got my S20 heavily subsidized and got the S21 for $150 with trade-in, I'll take it. Slightly shorter phone will be nice, as will n77 and eventual 71+41+41 NR CA.

Will be good to see your AT&T 3.45GHz +n77 results.

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Will be good to see your AT&T 3.45GHz +n77 results.

Will be interesting to see when the service is available. The site north of me has n77, but given that 3.45 gear isn't out yet I don't know how quickly they'll retrofit for 3.45. Though maybe one of the sites south of me will get that treatment, as one like a mile south of me already has n66.

Have two new S-22's.  Trying to get into menus to see aggregation, channel width, etc. Similar to the old service & data menus in older S-9's.  Most of the info on the net is wrong or outdated.  Anybody have a good list of secret codes that actually work on a s22?  NOT the plus or Ultra versions.

1 hour ago, chamb said:

Have two new S-22's.  Trying to get into menus to see aggregation, channel width, etc. Similar to the old service & data menus in older S-9's.  Most of the info on the net is wrong or outdated.  Anybody have a good list of secret codes that actually work on a s22?  NOT the plus or Ultra versions.

Does the *#0011# not work?

4 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Does the *#0011# not work?

Yes, at least for some things.  I am not in  a 5g area right now, not sure how it looks when 5G is involved.  But there are other menus that I had on a s9.  You could lock out one of the 3 Sprint bands for example.  You could disable or enable certain bands from aggregation. The 0011 is good, but it is not everything we had on prior Samsung phones.

By the way, Samsung band selector is not working for me on this phone.  Anybody else have this?

2 hours ago, chamb said:

Yes, at least for some things.  I am not in  a 5g area right now, not sure how it looks when 5G is involved.  But there are other menus that I had on a s9.  You could lock out one of the 3 Sprint bands for example.  You could disable or enable certain bands from aggregation. The 0011 is good, but it is not everything we had on prior Samsung phones.

By the way, Samsung band selector is not working for me on this phone.  Anybody else have this?

If your on a T-Mobile SIM see if *#2263# will let you select bands. That worked on my S20s and S22s.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mdob07 said:

If your on a T-Mobile SIM see if *#2263# will let you select bands. That worked on my S20s and S22s.

13 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Yep, that might be it.  Will be testing this.  5G is so weak here that it just screws up things. Probably going to turn it off here for awhile.  The phone sometimes latches onto 5g, but then things stop working.  TM needs to stomp on some bugs.   5G just is not ready yet in this area.

Thanks for the code. My s9 was different in that area.

• Like 3

S22 showed up today. Graphite color is meh, but don't care enough to swap it. Already transferred most of my stuff over.

Radio perf is noticeably better than on the S21; where I usually get ~400/30 indoors a half mile away from my nearest n41 site, I just hit 540/38. Still not "Nokia home modem" levels of perf, but surprising that it's that good in an area that has decent service to begin with.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

Does anyone know if the newest trade in offer for the S22 of 799 for a S20 FE applies to the Magenta Max 55+?

I do not know but I sure would like to find out.  I am still on the sprint biller and was offered two s-22 phones to replace my two s9 phones.  I took the deal. 

Had to pay taxes and shipping cost.  Great deal. Almost Free.  This all went down about a month ago. So far, it looks like it all went as advertised. The issue with me is I m on a old Sprint unlimited plan which has a $107 cost.  It still shows as a Sprint plan,  however about 6 months ago, the taxes were suddenly included. So they did touch the plan but it still seems to be a Sprint Plan.

So things are still ok, however we are both over 55 so I am thinking about moving to the 55+ plan sometime.

I am scared to touch anything right now just to save a few bucks. By accepting the two S-22 phones I suspect I am somehow possibly locked to the billing I am currently on.  I probably are going to let things ride until TM automatically moves me to a TM Plan.  Even AFTER they put me on a TM plan, it is questionable if I can go to a lower rate plan after receiving the gift of two s-22's.

• Like 2

Anyone switch to eSIM for the S22 yet?  Any issues?  (Apparently it is supported for Sprint billing now)

I guess for now the security advantage of eSIM wouldn't apply to us, since SIM swapping won't work..

5 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Anyone switch to eSIM for the S22 yet?  Any issues?  (Apparently it is supported for Sprint billing now)

I've been on esim since the day I got my phone back in February, no issues for me. But I'm also fully on T-Mobile too.

6 hours ago, chamb said:

I do not know but I sure would like to find out.  I am still on the sprint biller and was offered two s-22 phones to replace my two s9 phones.  I took the deal. 

Had to pay taxes and shipping cost.  Great deal. Almost Free.  This all went down about a month ago. So far, it looks like it all went as advertised.

I have still been unable to figure out why I can't seem to get this deal, even though your phones were older than mine.  Yesterday the Sprint site popped up a big warning when I logged in telling me to upgrade, and when I went to the phone page, it said $0/mo, right up until I got to checkout, at which point the number increased back to the $16.67/mo I had seen previously.  Chat was clueless--first person suddenly disconnected when I asked after they initially ignored my question and went into a spiel, and the second basically talked in circles.

- Trip