Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

55 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

Right. Masa f'ed Sprint and now he f'ed his own company....

See, when you do clownery, the clown comes back to bite. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split ya....

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhillipJames89 said:

tumblr_nn9o4iPYxY1ql5yr7o3_500.gifv

Indeed.

If Masa had put all the money he threw at Uber and WeWork into paying down Sprint's debt load (if not funding additional network capex instead), he probably would have gotten a better ROI. Instead, he barely did enough to keep Sprint limping along to the merger closure and lost big on these other distractions.

Justice.

• Like 2

Masa really had a gold mine with Sprint if he had actually took the time to see its true potential. Now look at the disaster he’s created around him.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, derrph said:

Masa really had a gold mine with Sprint if he had actually took the time to see its true potential. Now look at the disaster he’s created around him.

giphy.gif

Completely agree. What a colossal failure. Bigger than Forsee/Nextel in my opinion.

To think that he placed substantial value in WeWork and little value in Sprint tells me everything I need to know about him.

• Like 2

Completely agree. What a colossal failure. Bigger than Forsee/Nextel in my opinion.

Honestly with the right dedication all around, Sprint would’ve had all eyes on them especially in the 5G space. We were already seeing that. Many outlets praised the 5G implementation done by Sprint and the matching speeds.

Let’s see how long the board keeps Son at the helm of the company. He’s making bad investments. That vision fund will soon be a bust at the rate he’s going.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, derrph said:

Honestly with the right dedication all around, Sprint would’ve had all eyes on them especially in the 5G space. We were already seeing that. Many outlets praised the 5G implementation done by Sprint and the matching speeds.

Exactly! oh well we cant change the past. At least T-mobile is executing Dan Hesse's vision with Layer Cake (Triband). Mr. Derrph, will you be buying the iphone 5g this year? I think I may hold off until next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

Exactly! oh well we cant change the past. At least T-mobile is executing Dan Hesse's vision with Layer Cake (Triband). Mr. Derrph, will you be buying the iphone 5g this year? I think I may hold off until next year.

I bet Hesse is feeling pretty good today.

I plan on getting the iPhone 5G this year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

I bet Hesse is feeling pretty good today.

I plan on getting the iPhone 5G this year.

Lol I would for Hesse to send a petty tweet. And nice. I may wait. Not sure yet. Hopefully we will layer cake in dc. 

• Like 2

That’s very true. What’s done is done.
I’m not sure yet either. I just paid off the last few hundred dollars of my 11 Max Pro. I’d have to see what T-Mobile is going to do with 2.5 here in Columbus OH first. All we have is lowband 5G as of late April. However, I am a sucker for the iPhone 4 body design and if the rumors hold true that the 2020 phones will resemble that then I MIGHT be tempted.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

Lol I would for Hesse to send a petty tweet. And nice. I may wait. Not sure yet. Hopefully we will layer cake in dc. 

Oh I'll bet he's smiling bigger than ever now.

https://twitter.com/DanHesseNews

You could send him something. (https://danhesse.com😎

Looking forward to that layer cake as well here. I'll bet we get it pretty soon as DC is one of Sprint's 5G markets. T-Mobile will want to shut that down and get its 5G up and running here in time for the iPhone surge this Fall.

EDIT: Here's what Marcelo has to say....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Oh I'll bet he's smiling bigger than ever now.

https://twitter.com/DanHesseNews

You could send him something. (https://danhesse.com😎

Looking forward to that layer cake as well here. I'll bet we get it pretty soon as DC is one of Sprint's 5G markets. T-Mobile will want to shut that down and get its 5G up and running here in time for the iPhone surge this Fall.

EDIT: Here's what Marcelo has to say....

He said the same about Sprint for many years. “ Masa and I will turn sprint around” blah blah. He can go too.

• Like 2

Rather than all the "could have been.... should have been"  talk ... guys... .... It's over.  We can vent and take our frustrations out on Masa and his side kick Marcelo until the cows come home.   It's a waste of energy.    

Welcome to the New T-Mobile! 

What I want to know if the S4GRU members in New York City and Philadelphia, are you guys seeing more sites come on line?     The deployment was scattered, but are you seeing things fill in?         Wonder when all the old Sprint cell sites will be relabeled "T-Mobile" on our phones?   

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mdob07 said:

Good news, borrowed 600 MHz spectrum extended through June 30th. 

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/05/t-mobile-extends-600mhz-spectrum-agreements-june-30/

It is not a pure extension.  Dish cut off many markets and reduced others.  Those around Ohio lost 5x5, but always at the high end.

2 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Rather than all the "could have been.... should have been"  talk ... guys... .... It's over.  We can vent and take our frustrations out on Masa and his side kick Marcelo until the cows come home.   It's a waste of energy.    

Welcome to the New T-Mobile! 

What I want to know if the S4GRU members in New York City and Philadelphia, are you guys seeing more sites come on line?     The deployment was scattered, but are you seeing things fill in?         Wonder when all the old Sprint cell sites will be relabeled "T-Mobile" on our phones?   

False.  There are entire schools and programs dedicated to studying and discussing the past so that the same mistakes are not repeated in business, management, and technology.

We can then take those lessons learned when we have future decisions to make as a consumer or possibly as a leader when we see similar situations down the road.

• Like 1

SoftBank is selling part of its T-Mobile stake in a secondary offering

• SoftBank is selling part of its stake in T-Mobile through a secondary offering
  • Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs will underwrite the offering
  • The secondary offering is in addition to the sale to T-Mobile’s parent company Deutsche Telekom

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/18/softbank-is-selling-part-of-its-t-mobile-stake-in-a-secondary-offering.html

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dro1984 said:

What I want to know if the S4GRU members in New York City and Philadelphia, are you guys seeing more sites come on line?     The deployment was scattered, but are you seeing things fill in?

Nope. I've been through a good number of the areas where T-Mobile said that they've deployed n41 and found nothing. n71 coverage is also still super thin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

Nope. I've been through a good number of the areas where T-Mobile said that they've deployed n41 and found nothing. n71 coverage is also still super thin.

Thanks for the update.   Painful to hear.   Was hoping to hear progress has been made.   Just have to give it time... Hope it gets better and better for you.    

2 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Thanks for the update.   Painful to hear.   Was hoping to hear progress has been made.   Just have to give it time... Hope it gets better and better for you.    

My connection is now slower in general, also for some reason, B71 went from 20 to 15Mhz making a iffy situation, worse. I will wait a couple of months to see if they finally bring n41 online, if nothing happens before the end of the summer I will probably switch to ATT since a lot of spots I used to see great speeds are now super inconsistent.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

My connection is now slower in general, also for some reason, B71 went from 20 to 15Mhz making a iffy situation, worse. I will wait a couple of months to see if they finally bring n41 online, if nothing happens before the end of the summer I will probably switch to ATT since a lot of spots I used to see great speeds are now super inconsistent.

Here in Ohio the band 71 density is really low, even in rural areas. Band 71 4g LTE can not be directly connected from 3g. You must go through another LTE band first, which really limits its functionality. This could just be growing pains. Reminds me of early difficulties of getting on b26. 

I also think it is hard for us Sprint folks to shift gears from being backhaul constrained to being RF constrained, since T-Mobile only builds out the frequencies at each site as needed.  n41 and n71 could continue to remain scarce commodities until markets are converted thus increasing customers per site (economies of scale). Sprint users buying new 5g phones could be a key factor.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Here in Ohio the band 71 density is really low, even in rural areas. Band 71 4g LTE can not be directly connected from 3g. You must go through another LTE band first, which really limits its functionality. This could just be growing pains. Reminds me of early difficulties of getting on b26. 

I also think it is hard for us Sprint folks to shift gears from being backhaul constrained to being RF constrained, since T-Mobile only builds out the frequencies at each site as needed.  n41 and n71 could continue to remain scarce commodities until markets are converted thus increasing customers per site (economies of scale). Sprint users buying new 5g phones could be a key factor.

I think that T-Mobile is rushing the 5G transition so they can have something to crow about. However there will be only couple of phones that support it. The enthusiasts will buy them but the rest will stick with their LTE phones. Shore up your bread and butter which is LTE on bands 2/25, 4 and 41 or you will have a 5G network with nobody on it while the 4G network will be overcrowded. Integrate the 4G networks first. Correct Sprint's "monopole" fiasco.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, JimBob said:

False.  There are entire schools and programs dedicated to studying and discussing the past so that the same mistakes are not repeated in business, management, and technology.

We can then take those lessons learned when we have future decisions to make as a consumer or possibly as a leader when we see similar situations down the road.

I completely agree with you. Masa's strategic blunder here was simply a repeat of the kind of managerial errors Forsee made. I've never seen such a succession of executive failure and incompetence at a single company over so many years as I've seen at Sprint. It's appalling, but it explains everything. I hope it's studied.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RedSpark said:

I completely agree with you. Masa's strategic blunder here was simply a repeat of the kind of managerial errors Forsee made. I've never seen such a succession of executive failure and incompetence at a single company over so many years as I've seen at Sprint. It's appalling, but it explains everything. I hope it's studied.

It was not just managerial errors. It was their board's total incompetence. 

• Like 3