Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

What’s the iPhone SE on us deal T-Mobile announced for T-Mobile and sprint postpaid customers? Anyone know the details? Or is that only available for first responders? In the news release it says all T-Mobile and sprint postpaid customers.

Edited by Cardsfan96
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jonathanm1978 said:

That's very...intriguing. May have to look into that...

Read the fine print.     Not all that meets the eye.  

• Like 1

Any idea/guesses on on pricing for fixed wireless home offerings from T-Mobile?
I currently spend $100/mo for Verizon Fios. (300mbps)
You should be able to negotiate that down. I pay $78 for gigabit fios, not as a new customer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Holy cow. T-Mobile is a force to be reckoned with.

Hopefully.  VZW still seems to be betting them in overall data performance.  Seems like with the Sprint merger they are now on an even playing field :P.

I expect VZW to walk away with 40MHz in all the top pops in Auction 105, I wonder if TMobile has any plans to buy or use unlicensed.  Seems like it would be better to use that than 5GHz.

Hopefully.  VZW still seems to be betting them in overall data performance.  Seems like with the Sprint merger they are now on an even playing field default_tongue.png.

I expect VZW to walk away with 40MHz in all the top pops in Auction 105, I wonder if TMobile has any plans to buy or use unlicensed.  Seems like it would be better to use that than 5GHz.

Most likely. I did find a tower in my area using 60 MHz of it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

daad16fcf40719ed8f76d0097dd4d8ce.jpg

That Tmobile or Verizon using B48? Also what phone?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

That signal is a lot worse than B66. How far are you from the tower and what kind of obstructions you have?

From my understanding, the B48 equipment is power limited to 50W. So you have to setup your configuration within that power envelop.  So it is either more carriers for faster speeds nearer the tower or less carriers so you can maximize coverage. I figured 40MHz would be kinda default to best optimize coverage with speeds. Guess not.

22 hours ago, Cardsfan96 said:

What’s the iPhone SE on us deal T-Mobile announced for T-Mobile and sprint postpaid customers? Anyone know the details? Or is that only available for first responders? In the news release it says all T-Mobile and sprint postpaid customers.

I was wondering that myself.  Also says something about a $500 upgrade credit.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bennyjet29 said:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/nokia-tests-clock-4-7-gbps-5g-speed-dallas

4.7 Gbps emoji54.pngemoji100.pngemoji390.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dang thats a lot. I say we all should come together and create a 5G startup, sell it to tmobile or have them invest in it lol

Edited by PhillipJames89
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

dang thats a lot. I say we all should come together and create a 5G startup, sell it to tmobile or have them invest in it lol

Do it.

• Like 1

Well appears in Columbus OH some things are happening with the network. My iPhone 11 was switching between T-Mobile bands and got these speeds.

6ceec34b53da8af2c523b1573a0392db.jpg

d04aa5c19a6e65009e42ab1d1ea195bf.jpg

When I did latch on b41 in places where I can easily hit 150+ down. I was now getting about 50 down.

I also saw that I was connected to B25 and got these speeds. I personally think it’s a glitch on the network screen:

c29243c7c7d2e985b1f7f6c031efaf28.jpg

707d54c643435817e3cc98007a8554f4.jpg

Also, my phone is connected to my magic box but my phone is connected to b25. Not sure what’s going with that or my magic box is being phased out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, derrph said:
Well appears in Columbus OH some things are happening with the network. My iPhone 11 was switching between T-Mobile bands and got these speeds.

Could be B25+41 CA. That is Thing

• Like 2

Sprint has updated its VoLTE Page as a result of the merger: https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html

Support for additional devices has been listed.

A couple of things I noticed:

“By enabling VoLTE, you will get access to expanded coverage on the T-Mobile network with capable devices.”

and this change to Wi-Fi Calling:

Wi-Fi Calls will transfer to VoLTE when Wi-Fi coverage becomes poor and VoLTE is available. For this automated transfer to take place, VoLTE must be turned “ON”.

Starting in April 2020, Sprint is updating most VoLTE-capable devices to prefer Cellular networks over Wi-Fi Networks. This means that if your device has Wi-Fi Calling enabled, it will only be used if the cellular coverage in your area is poor. If you are on an active call using VoLTE and the coverage does decline, the call will attempt to transfer from VoLTE to Wi-Fi when the device is connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal.

• Like 3

FYI -

If you're not getting TMobile bands, try updating your phone's data profile. In a Sprint-less area but with T-Mobile all around I wasn't getting data on my unlocked Pixel until I performed a data profile update and then a hands free activation ... Which actually took a while outside the *home network* ... But now I have B2 showing native and humming right along.

Now I just have to figure out the equivalent for the 3 iPhones in my family that are having issues.

Anyone with ideas? I'm clueless with the Apple devices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1