Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

FYI -

If you're not getting TMobile bands, try updating your phone's data profile. In a Sprint-less area but with T-Mobile all around I wasn't getting data on my unlocked Pixel until I performed a data profile update and then a hands free activation ... Which actually took a while outside the *home network* ... But now I have B2 showing native and humming right along.

Now I just have to figure out the equivalent for the 3 iPhones in my family that are having issues.

Anyone with ideas? I'm clueless with the Apple devices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Have you tried going into Settings, General, About to install the OTA Carrier Sprint 41.1 update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Google would release the RCS API so third-party messaging apps could take advantage of it..
Yes, I miss using Textra and being able to back up and restore my messages between phones! Google's backup is not reliable or acceptable for this.
  • Like 2

I tooed my phone (LG V30+) this weekend and I noticed that the ##data# screen now shows "Enable All" instead of the weird letter salad which it showed previously. Not sure what this means exactly but at least now I can use NetworkSignalGuru. On that note, it confirmed what everyone else stated which was the B25 was 15x15. As for the other details, it appears to also be max  64QAMx64QAM and 2x2 MIMO which is pretty impressive because the numbers I was getting were near the theoretical limit for that combination (112.5/56.3 and I got 112/42.3).

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So just had a representative from sprint come to my house asking wear wireless service we have and then said t mobile and sprint are combining this summer. Kept saying that they are dumping a ton of money in the network and he could save us on our monthly bill.  I basically told him I know what's going on and there is no reason to switch. Plus he said he could lower our bill.  Which I really doubt it.  My question is why are they doing door to door sales and wouldn't it be beneficial to get at&t and Verizon users?  That was a first for me. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, jthawks said:

So just had a representative from sprint come to my house asking wear wireless service we have and then said t mobile and sprint are combining this summer. Kept saying that they are dumping a ton of money in the network and he could save us on our monthly bill.  I basically told him I know what's going on and there is no reason to switch. Plus he said he could lower our bill.  Which I really doubt it.  My question is why are they doing door to door sales and wouldn't it be beneficial to get at&t and Verizon users?  That was a first for me. 

I wonder what the success rates are on this door-to-door sales strategy. 🤔

1 hour ago, jthawks said:

Scary method in Covid-19 times.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

Just got a text, Sprint is shutting down their 5G network today it seems: 

Wasn't in many areas anyway, no big deal imo. I rarely came across it, but now being on T-Mobile 5G I am on it probably 80% of the time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

Just got a text, Sprint is shutting down their 5G network today it seems: 

430oac.jpg

It's been a good run folks. May its spectrum live on.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Wasn't in many areas anyway, no big deal imo. I rarely came across it, but now being on T-Mobile 5G I am on it probably 80% of the time.

There should be a surge of T-Mobile 2.5 GHz 5G lighting up in the coming weeks as a result. T-Mobile moves very quickly.

• Like 4

Have we seen a pattern in T-Mobile's deployment strategy. Is there a rhyme or reason? What I mean is do they start with 3 or 4 cities and integrate the two networks completely, like add B41/NR41 equipment to all sites,  merge band 2/25, fully equip Sprint sites they are keeping? Within that framework are they moving b26 onto T-Mobile sites?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Have we seen a pattern in T-Mobile's deployment strategy. Is there a rhyme or reason? What I mean is do they start with 3 or 4 cities and integrate the two networks completely, like add B41/NR41 equipment to all sites,  merge band 2/25, fully equip Sprint sites they are keeping? Within that framework are they moving b26 onto T-Mobile sites?

The only thing I've noticed in NYC is that T-Mobile seems to deploy 5G in clusters which is something they've been doing since their initial LTE deployment. Taking a look at Cellmapper in my area, the sites where T-Mobile has deployed n71 appear to be grouped together for the most part. 

• Like 2

Got a text today that "Sprint has joined T-Mobile. You now have access to expanded coverage on the T-Mobile Network!  Also enjoy simultaneous talk and data - no action required by you"

Are we supposed to get actual Data while using voice?  Or do we have to switch on VOLTE calls under settings?

I see T-Mobile LTE bands, but no data available while making a call.  Thanks all!

Screenshot_20200527-130753_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

Got a text today that "Sprint has joined T-Mobile. You now have access to expanded coverage on the T-Mobile Network!  Also enjoy simultaneous talk and data - no action required by you"
Are we supposed to get actual Data while using voice?  Or do we have to switch on VOLTE calls under settings?
I see T-Mobile LTE bands, but no data available while making a call.  Thanks all!
1835357520_Screenshot_20200527-130753_SignalCheckPro.thumb.jpg.d2a9a588e404cd9a2e973dae9afa4886.jpg
Yes, you need VoLTE on. Alternatively, if it's connected to HSPA, it would use that for calls and you'd have data at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Yes, you need VoLTE on. Alternatively, if it's connected to HSPA, it would use that for calls and you'd have data at the same time.

I'd assume HSPA would be further down the road, not currently though, correct?

I'd assume HSPA would be further down the road, not currently though, correct?
You can roam on HSPA now. It will use it if there's no Sprint CDMA and no Sprint and T-Mobile LTE (or if you force it with something like NSG). But T-mobile is shutting down HSPA at the end of 2021 I believe. They haven't added it to any of their new sites in a while. They really want to refarm the spectrum.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eastfamily said:

Screenshot_20200527-130753_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

VoLTE needs to be enabled yes.

Just got off the phone with a Sprint Business rep. According to him the cell site nearest me is now running n41. Which explains why my LTE-41 speeds are a fraction of what they were a few months back. He mentioned a pretty awesome deal on an S20 if I sign a contract, with a $10 price increase per month in exchange for going from 3 GB of hotspot to 50 GB (which I've wanted anyway), so chances are good I'll bump up to the S20. Apparently it's still a Business Fusion plan so I don't have to pay $$$ extra per month for the phone either.

Anyone heard of a $55/mo (or $75/mo) Business Fusion plan with 50GB of hotspot? Any video/VPN throttling to speak of there?

• Like 1