Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

5 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

It was not just managerial errors. It was their board's total incompetence. 

That's true. The Board specifically sabotaged Hesse's plan to acquire MetroPCS. That spectrum would have come in handy. Of course, they oversaw a bunch of other strategic failures over the years. So it goes....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

That's true. The Board specifically sabotaged Hesse's plan to acquire MetroPCS. That spectrum would have come in handy. Of course, they oversaw a bunch of other strategic failures over the years. So it goes....

Yeah like not merging with Alltel, instead of Nextel. Now they did acquire Clearwire which had all this EBS spectrum. So I have to give them credit for that.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 4

Yeah like not merging with Alltel, instead of Nextel. Now they did acquire Clearwire which had all this EBS spectrum. So I have to give them credit for that.

If sprint would have bought Alltel like they should have would they have gotten all the B5 800 MHz that att and vzw have making those two weaker? 

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Alright.  There may not be a Sprint anymore, but the same rules apply.  Just incessant complaining about the old Sprint is getting old.  People will start checking out because it just will become a complaint board.  Constructive criticism only, please.  :rulez:

Robert

• Like 19
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

If sprint would have bought Alltel like they should have would they have gotten all the B5 800 MHz that att and vzw have making those two weaker? 

While they were at it they could have rolled up Leap Wireless which would have strengthened their network and spectrum position in couple of major Texas cities like Houston and Austin. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Alright.  There may not be a Sprint anymore, but the same rules apply.  Just incessant complaining about the old Sprint is getting old.  People will start checking out because it just will become a complaint board.  Constructive criticism only, please.  :rulez:

Robert

Yes Father Robert 😃 

• Like 2

Any idea if N41 will ever be able to top 600 mbps download a year from now or when New T-Mobile finishes their buildout? Only asking as I have come close to topping 300 mbps download on my former iPhone 8 Plus and current iPhone 11 Pro Max with B41.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any idea if N41 will ever be able to top 600 mbps download a year from now or when New T-Mobile finishes their buildout? Only asking as I have come close to topping 300 mbps download on my former iPhone 8 Plus and current iPhone 11 Pro Max with B41.

Yes. 5G can handle couple million devices vs couple 1000 on LTE

• Like 1

Yes. 5G can handle couple million devices vs could 1000 on LTE

I figured New T-Mobile was sandbagging us with the 600 mbps download estimation. Don’t get me wrong, that’s plenty of speed as most fiber optic WiFi speeds are between 200-500 mbps. Just thought N41 could potentially average 800+ mbps download with full 5G capacity.

I figured New T-Mobile was sandbagging us with the 600 mbps download estimation. Don’t get me wrong, that’s plenty of speed as most fiber optic WiFi speeds are between 200-500 mbps. Just thought N41 could potentially average 800+ mbps download with full 5G capacity.

It could do gigabit with this right backhaul. I heard SoftBank say 30 gigabit with 160 MHz or so of spectrum.

• Like 1

Clearly you haven't seen this post.b58328432a919657d97b0bd3d07c5ea3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

That speed is likely for a 40 MHz n41 carrier. That's the starting point. In many markets they can deploy bigger carriers than that without shutting off any B41. As LTE is refarmed to LTE, they can also do bigger carrier sizes, or have multiple N41 carriers that are aggregated.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Clearly you haven't seen this post.b58328432a919657d97b0bd3d07c5ea3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, not sure how I missed it but that’s more like it! [emoji100][emoji390]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

The key reason T-Mobile bought them was to reduce churn.  They could see it was a revolving door.  

• Like 3

Seems T-Mobile uncapped the u/l on B25. I have never encountered this level of u/l speeds on any band.

5Mhz B25 (256QAM, 4x4 MIMO maybe?)

D/L: EARFCN: 8615 (1987.5Mhz) - 112Mbps

U/L: EARFCN: 26615 (1907.5) - 42.3 Mbps

Previously, in this exact location, I would get

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Seems T-Mobile uncapped the u/l on B25. I have never encountered this level of u/l speeds on any band.

U/L: EARFCN: 26615 (1907.5) - 42.3Mbps

Previously in this exact location, I would get

We have seen a few cases in the Ohio - Western PA area where former Sprint sites have had their backhaul significantly upgraded. Recommend checking other bands!

• Like 3

Is TMO even doing B25 yet?

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Is TMO even doing B25 yet?

Sprint is dead.  Long live T-Mobile!!

( now depending how my local conversion goes in future years I still could switch carriers but that is a story for a future time).

Sprint is dead.  Long live T-Mobile!!
( now depending how my local conversion goes in future years I still could switch carriers but that is a story for a future time).
That doesn't have anything too do with what I asked

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

That doesn't have anything too do with what I asked

T-Mobile does B25 MBFI for roaming in its Sprint accounts.  I have twice seen on a LG G4 band 41 with Clearwire PLMN near isolated fracking plants. Other possibilities in other remote places according to tower hands.  The latest spec revisions given far higher bandwidth to n25 than n2. No guarantees, but B25 definitely not dead yet.

23 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Can't get those speeds with 5x5 Band 25 even with 4x4MIMO and 256QAM. You're definitely connected to more than just that. 

• Like 2

Can't get those speeds with 5x5 Band 25 even with 4x4MIMO and 256QAM. You're definitely connected to more than just that. 
8615 is 15x15 not 5x5d9712d3ab34da20ed5d80079979b7b56.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

8615 is 15x15 not 5x5d9712d3ab34da20ed5d80079979b7b56.jpg

That makes a lot more sense. We know that T-Mobile started activating higher order MIMO across Sprint's LTE network when they took over. 15x15 with 256/64QAM is absolutely capable of those speeds that they're seeing.

• Like 3