Sprint Super Bowl Coverage/DAS

3 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I know for the West Palm/Miami market indoor reception reception is a big problem. A lot of concrete and steel building and only 5x5 of B26 which wasn't deployed initially at the start of LTE deployment. Cell spacing isn't the best either for the more residential areas. 

I didn't have any issues in West Palm last year. My AT&T line, on the other hand, had absolutely terrible service. HSPA all over the place despite them owning both the Cellular A and B blocks. 

Good download, but that upload... I sure hope it gets better over time. This is a test run without the network being loaded during the game.

Don’t people do more uploading than downloading at events like this?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Good download, but that upload... I sure hope it gets better over time. This is a test run without the network being loaded during the game.

Don’t people do more uploading than downloading at events like this?

I don't know if they do more uploading than downloading. Probably equal uploads and downloads if I had to guess. But yeah, uploads are going to suck again like they did last year.

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

I don't know if they do more uploading than downloading. Probably equal uploads and downloads if I had to guess. But yeah, uploads are going to suck again like they did last year.

I would think more people at the stadium are uploading content (Photos/Videos/Status Updates, etc.) than consuming (downloading) content from people who aren’t.

I don’t understand why so little upload capacity is available on 5G given that.

• Like 1

Tutela has a live dashboard showing the performance of all 4 carriers at and immediately around the stadium. So far, it's an absolutely garbage display by all 4 carriers. Median download speed should be 50Mbps minimum for a recently upgraded network with almost no load. Completely unacceptable. 

• Like 1

The linked article (https://www.floridatrend.com/article/28690/wireless-carriers-use-miami-super-bowl-to-spotlight-new-5g-technology) has some great details on Sprint’s upgrades.

“Sprint vice president of networks Scott Santi says Sprint upgraded 277 of 300 transmitting sites around Miami in the last year.....”

“As for the Hard Rock, Sprint says it will have the equivalent of 10 macro cell towers there.“”

And

“Santi says the gear remains when the game packs up. “100% of what we’ve done there is going to stay,” he says. “It’s for the long-term usage of our customers.””

“And next? “We are preparing for next year’s Super Bowl, which is in Tampa,” Santi says.“”

However, the article needs to be updated to say that Sprint has deployed 5G at the stadium. @Terrell352: Can you message Dr. Saw/Scott Santi about that if you have an in with them?

Averages coming up slowly. Still a garbage display by all. Sprint is still firmly in last. Verizon is running away with it on speed. As of writing this, these are the current averages:

Verizon: 25.86Mbps

AT&T: 17.3Mbps

T-Mobile: 16.03Mbps

Sprint: 13.56Mbps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

Averages coming up slowly. Still a garbage display by all. Sprint is still firmly in last. Verizon is running away with it on speed. As of writing this, these are the current averages:

Verizon: 25.86Mbps

AT&T: 17.3Mbps

T-Mobile: 16.03Mbps

Sprint: 13.56Mbps

I can see Sprint being the slowest. 5mhz xCA for b25 and trash uploads on b41. If your on 5G you will get the best experience with 5G uploads and lower ping.

How far back does the median download number go for Tutela?

Averaging the last 2 weeks from their hourly data...

Verizon 27.8  Mbps Sprint 19.5 Mbps Att 18.9 Mbps T-Mobile 17.7 Mbps 

Averaging the last 3 days from their hourly data...

Verizon 32.5  Mbps Sprint 24.9 Mbps Att 24.7 Mbps T-Mobile 19.3 Mbps 

I am not sure why they show sprint at 13 Mbps can't be lack of data Verizon has the fewest data points in the hourly data. Probably just averaging older data pre 5g in with what it is like now. Graphs look fine shows everyone battling. The big thing for me is throughput and if sprint can get 50+TB(25TB last year usually double every year) going through their network I will be amazed.

• Like 1