Spark v. Spark Turbo

spark means B41 is available, spark turbo means the backhaul has been increased so B41 can run at full speed.

That's not entirely correct. Turbo coverage differs from spark coverage coming from the same cell site.

There are patches of turbo coverage within spark coverage.

h2qi6fa.png

• Like 1

That's not entirely correct. Turbo coverage differs from spark coverage coming from the same cell site.

false-meme.jpg

thats literally all that turbo means, the order to increase the speed of the backhaul has gone through and is active so B41 can run at full speed. Spark = B41 signal is being broadcast, Turbo = backhaul has been increased so B41 can hit ~80meg download speeds (assuming all other factors are favorable for those speeds).

• Like 4

False

thats literally all that turbo means, the order to increase the speed of the backhaul has gone through and is active so B41 can run at full speed. Spark = B41 signal is being broadcast, Turbo = backhaul has been increased so B41 can hit ~80meg download speeds (assuming all other factors are favorable for those speeds).

Just look at the coverage map, it's obvious turbo isn't indicating just backhaul, as each site has a variable turbo coverage area within spark coverage.

Just look at the coverage map, it's obvious turbo isn't indicating just backhaul, as each site has a variable turbo coverage area within spark coverage.

I had it explained to me it is the strong signal areas of sites that have had upgraded backhaul. Places where you will most likely hit speeds above 40Mbps. Because if you have a weak signal from a site with upgraded backhaul, it might not feel very Turbo.

The source of this info was a Sprint Area Manager. He doesn't exactly work with the marketing/mapping folks directly. But he is more likely to know than many of the other people we deal with. And it seems plausible to me.

• Like 10

I had it explained to me it is the strong signal areas of sites that have had upgraded backhaul. Places where you will most likely hit speeds above 40Mbps. Because if you have a weak signal from a site with upgraded backhaul, it might not feel very Turbo.

The source of this info was a Sprint Area Manager. He doesn't exactly work with the marketing/mapping folks directly. But he is more likely to know than many of the other people we deal with. And it seems plausible to me.

That's what I always thought. Areas where you should be able to hit peak speeds.

I Just thought it was areas of strongest Band 41 signal, hence Where the highest Speeds Are to be Found. You wouldn't see Turbo on the edge of Band 41 signal, even though it may be Fast, it is not The fastest you might see.

FWIW Sprint maps show my kiddo in Burleson squarely in a turbo area but haven't had a sniff of B41 there. At least not as of thanksgiving weekend when I was there last. As usual YMMV.

I know Spark Turbo areas around me only encompass the immediate vicinity of upgraded Clear B41 towers . The other Sprint B25/B26 sites, and even a couple B25/B26/B41 that are around do not have the turbo shade centered under them yet. So I presume upgraded/properly provisioned backhaul is your answer.

false-meme.jpg

thats literally all that turbo means, the order to increase the speed of the backhaul has gone through and is active so B41 can run at full speed. Spark = B41 signal is being broadcast, Turbo = backhaul has been increased so B41 can ohit ~80meg download speeds (assuming all other factors are favorable for those speeds).

I hit 77+ today!!! I'm the middle of nowhere! Lol.

• Like 2

. I live in theory based on the coverage map the best sprint coverage there is. if you look up zip code 19403 where I work on sprint overage map it is covered with Turbo spark when you zoom in. even my house which is about 15 miles away has Turbo. pretty much the entire area from my house to my work.

now what I don't understand is I use LTE discovery while in the car, 80% of the time I do have LTE and 20% I had 3g only. but when I was on LTE it went between band 26 and 25 only. it saw a weak band 41 once and it dropped out right away. with that said how am I be fully in the sprint Turbo spark area but not have band 41 ? I figured with the nexus 6 iI Would have no issue. this was done today and have noticed the same readings in the past.

Thanks,

This is turbo...about a block from an upgraded Clear B41 siteattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419141580.061631.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I can't wait for the Clear site near me to get upgraded. Selfishly, I want the extra 25-30Mbps. :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On move in day in feb I'll do some speed tests during the day and at night to see the difference. I am

So excited to have good service where I am moving. I think about it all the time lmao... [emoji17] (ಠ,,,ಠ)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 4

On move in day in feb I'll do some speed tests during the day and at night to see the difference. I am

So excited to have good service where I am moving. I think about it all the time lmao... [emoji17] (ಠ,,,ಠ)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Its great having great service everywhere, that's why I love Philly.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1