Sprint matching tmobile $100 offer

Rocket87

Inching closer to just doing $45-50 unlimited for everybody...

I assume these plans won't be NVP discountable like Framily is? I'm also assuming that like T-Mobile there's no option to add tiered-data lines for <$40?

If you can go up to 10 lines, however, this will be a good plan for the odd Framily out there where everybody wants unlimited, and the account holder doesn't mind being liable for everybody's lines. Assuming no NVP before or after, per-line savings would range from $2-3 (7-10 line Framily's) to $10 for two-line households (who are currently better off doing separate $50/60 plans).

If they go ahead and match T-Mobile in offering 5GB of hotspot per line (and like T-Mo, allow anyone to switch to it), that would likely motivate many to consider switching out from Family Share, or abandoning their Framily's.

I wonder if ill be able to switch into one of these plans?  I am on the Everything Data 1500 plan currently.

I'm really looking forward to the day Sprint add's free tethering to their plans, 5GB would be perfect.

For their loyal customers yeh? I would've taken free tethering 5gb over unlimited minutes in a heart beat

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 6

For their loyal customers yeh? I would've taken free tethering 5gb over unlimited minutes in a heart beat

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

They're probably going to try to get us off the subsidized plans and offer the new plan for current customers.

if they go ahead and match T-Mobile in offering 5GB of hotspot per line (and like T-Mo, allow anyone to switch to it), that would likely motivate many to consider switching out from Family Share, or abandoning their Framily's.

If they did that, I'd drop my framily in a heartbeat and get my wife and I on one of those plans. I really want the option to tether when I need to.

• Like 2

I'm really looking forward to the day Sprint add's free tethering to their plans, 5GB would be perfect.

I'd settle for as little as 1GB. Sometimes, you just need data in a pinch.
  • Like 3

Tethering is the main reason I switched from Everything Data to the new Data Share Pack.  40GB, 3 phones with tethering, and a tablet.  Plus I'm saving money in the process.  Love the deal!

• Like 7

Today Sprint is offering 2 smart phones for $100 additional lines $40. Unlimited everything. Details to follow

I hope they match both pricing and plan.  If just pricing, boooo!! Comes with tethering it will be a killer deal!

Tethering is the main reason I switched from Everything Data to the new Data Share Pack.  40GB, 3 phones with tethering, and a tablet.  Plus I'm saving money in the process.  Love the deal!

I'm trying to get my dad to switch to that but he seems uninterested. He is clinging on to Unlimited data for dear life which is funny considering he only uses 1GB each month. If he tries, he can hit 2GB. I'm 9 days into the billing period and I am at 1.83GB. My two aunts who are on this plan with us each use between 1 and 2GB each month.

• Like 2

Other employees are talking about it on the reddits..

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/2pazxv/sprint_to_match_tmobile_100_unlimited_plan/

and to quote from them...

On 12/11/14, T-Mobile announced their "best pricing ever" for families. Sprint is matching the offer to maintain our "Best Value in Wireless" promise to the wireless consumer.

Introducing the Family Unlimited Talk, Text and Data Plan, launching today, 12/14/14:

• 2 lines unlimited for $100

• Lines 3-10 are $40/month per line

• Maximum number of lines is 10

Customers can get a new phone with one of our leasing options, Sprint Easy Pay(SM) or pay full SRP, or bring their own device. It's that simple.

Sprint will even buy-out their contract or installment agreement, up to $350 per line via Visa® Prepaid Card.

Just a quick update, I can now confirm that existing customers should be able to switch to the Unlimited Family plan if they meet one of the above criteria. As far as the third criteria, upgrading is a valid choice if you are doing Easy Pay or leasing, NOT two-year agreements. Each line with a two-year agreement will tack on an additional $25/month charge for that line.

• Like 11

So no tiered data option(s) for secondary lines, no hotspot, and probably no NVP discounts.. meh. I'm thinking and hoping it'll take something slightly better than this (e.g. any amount of official tethering) to tempt my full Reddit Framily to break up. :fingers:

I'm trying to get my dad to switch to that but he seems uninterested. He is clinging on to Unlimited data for dear life which is funny considering he only uses 1GB each month. If he tries, he can hit 2GB. I'm 9 days into the billing period and I am at 1.83GB. My two aunts who are on this plan with us each use between 1 and 2GB each month.

I was 10 days into my billing cycle and used 7 Gigs. Im nearing the end of our billing cycles and have used 15 gigs and still climbing. All from testing Sprint Spark.

So what is Sprint's equivalent to the 2 for $100 Unlimited offer?

I have a friend willing to move 3 lines. TMo is offering $140 for unlimited everything for those lines. Best I could do was a family share of 20GB on Sprint. Works fine for 2015, but goes to $145 in 2016. He feels might as well go TMo.

No matter how I try to package it, I can't get Sprint to meet or beat TMo's offer.

NOTE: He's on Verizon. The Sprint half off offer doesn't help him.

Edited by kamiller42

So what is Sprint's equivalent to the 2 for $100 Unlimited offer?

I have a friend willing to move 3 lines. TMo is offering $140 for unlimited everything for those lines. Best I could do was a family share of 20GB on Sprint. Works fine for 2015, but goes to $145 in 2016. He feels might as well go TMo.

No matter how I try to package it, I can't get Sprint to meet or beat TMo's offer.

NOTE: He's on Verizon. The Sprint half off offer doesn't help him.

https://halfprice.sprint.com

Is it that it doesn't cut his bill down enough because the offer does apply to Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder what the idea to cancel it was due to. It wasn't as if it was marketed. It had to be specifically requested.