Sprint matching tmobile $100 offer

Rocket87

I wonder what the idea to cancel it was due to. It wasn't as if it was marketed. It had to be specifically requested.

I guess they finally did the math, and someone came to the realization it was too cheap? It's too bad, it was a compelling offer.

I guess they finally did the math, and someone came to the realization it was too cheap? It's too bad, it was a compelling offer.

They are already offering unlimited for $50 with the iPhone, so it's no cheaper then a plan they already have out there.  Maybe they thought it would hurt the family share packs too much since that is where most of there recent marketing has been?

But, that price goes up in 2016 when you pay $15 per line. TMo is $100 unlimited and w/5GB tether at no extra cost.

For now, promos get extended all the time, so I wouldn't worry too much about a 2016 problem.

That is not true. It changes if you add a line or if want to change your data package.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

post-39906-141911504694_thumb.jpg

Nope.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_the_Cut_Your_Bill_in_Half_Event/aaadfaa2-1717-4cef-9268-f1a5d85ecaea?INTNAV=LP:CutYourBillinHalfEvent:12022014:FAQ

• Like 1

I guess since in 2 years sprint network will be kickass, they're not worried about people leaving if/when price increases.

Well in 2 years people will need CA devices to get X speeds, and people will get them, so they will want them on new plans to simplify the system.

Well in 2 years people will need CA devices to get X speeds, and people will get them, so they will want them on new plans to simplify the system.

There's no system change required. People today have uniband, dual band, triband phones but there's no diff billing systems required.

There's no system change required. People today have uniband, dual band, triband phones but there's no diff billing systems required.

No i am talking about in 2 years they know people will need new phones. In 2 years they make a clause saying you lose your current plan and need x or y plan to get a new device. It will get rid of the mess this program offers. It will simplify the billing system from there on out. This program has to make the billing system all jumbled.

No i am talking about in 2 years they know people will need new phones. In 2 years they make a clause saying you lose your current plan and need x or y plan to get a new device. It will get rid of the mess this program offers. It will simplify the billing system from there on out. This program has to make the billing system all jumbled.

I think they'll keep the plans...just remove the upgrade eligibilities. They'll make it a necessity to finance the devices before they force people to change plans.

Sent from my 831C

If you read it carefully it doesn't in fact say that your plan will change if you get a new phone, just that they can not garuantee that it won't change should you get a new phone as with sprint's other national plans. The wording is a hedge against them forcing you to change the plan not a statement of fact that they will change your plan.

In fact reading the FAQs it states you can both add lines and upgrade on these plans.

Cool deal!  But, Since the 40 GB Share pack is costing me less than 155 bucks a month (plus I get a good discount due to my employer), I will stay with what I've got... Especially since it includes the Mobile Hotspot on all devices. I personally think I'm getting a steal since it includes 3 phones and a tablet.    

So what is Sprint's equivalent to the 2 for $100 Unlimited offer?

I have a friend willing to move 3 lines. TMo is offering $140 for unlimited everything for those lines. Best I could do was a family share of 20GB on Sprint. Works fine for 2015, but goes to $145 in 2016. He feels might as well go TMo.

No matter how I try to package it, I can't get Sprint to meet or beat TMo's offer.

NOTE: He's on Verizon. The Sprint half off offer doesn't help him.

Just an update on this.... I tried. I tried to convince him to give Sprint a try. My friend is leaving Verizon for T-Mobile, and this is how TMo did it. 

TMo got his interest with their 2x for $100 offer w/tethering. Sprint had nothing like at the time. TMo offered the free phone test for 7 days. He liked it required no money up front unlike Sprint's 30 day test trial. He tried SpeedTest at his house and was getting 66Mbps d/l. (I am in a Sprint Spark market and have never received such speed, so I had nothing to show him in return.) He went to another area of Houston and got 90.2 Mbps D/L. Never I have I received such speeds. He mentioned the speed smokes his Verizon phone.

He knows he is not going to use all that speed, but he believes with speeds that high he will have a more consistent experience. In other words, there's a lot of room for speed loss and still have a satisfying experience.

I showed him Sprint's new 2 lines unlimited for $100 deal. He said it's just like TMo's, nothing more. So, he's already warmed up to TMo on performance grounds and ease of trial, and Sprint is offering a package slightly less than what TMo has.

Oh well. Like I said, I tried. I did my part, but Sprint has to do their's.

Edited by kamiller42
  • Like 2