HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Not to be a stickler but mine said "Enable" for both, not "Enabled". Are you guys actually showing "Enabled" with the "ed" on the end?

It shows "enable" so therefore its enabled. The english language can suck sometimes, LOL.

I made my first NFC transaction using Google Wallet this morning. It was the coolest thing ever! After completing the transaction I looked around triumphantly. The other denizens of the 7-11 were unimpressed.

• Like 6

I made my first NFC transaction using Google Wallet this morning. It was the coolest thing ever! After completing the transaction I looked around triumphantly. The other denizens of the 7-11 were unimpressed.

LOL, it does make you feel like a boss doesn't it

lol, I would be the same way too. With arms in the air saying "YES". lol

LOL, it does make you feel like a boss doesn't it

Oh yeah! The cashier looked at me like; "When are you going to pay?" I just pointed to her screen like "It's already done." Somewhere Billy Dee Williams was smiling to himself... B)

Maybe it was the bag of Funyuns and pack of Skoal you bought that left them underwhelmed.

AJ

Maybe it was the bag of Funyuns and pack of Skoal you bought that left them underwhelmed.

AJ

I was more of a Hawken man for the couple weeks of high school that I dabbled. The Funyuns have been replaced by Fritos Chili Cheese flavor. But I'm sure they were impressed by my purchase of Ham and Swiss Lunchables. #TrueStory

fNJ3W.jpg?1

• Like 2

Great. Thanks for making me hungry now. :angry:

Speaking of NFC, it really bites that AT&T hasn't enabled it on my Galaxy Note. :td:

What's at&t's problem with NFC?

At both 7-11's I used NFC I impressed the cashiers, lol. And the one I went to yesterday I even impressed a customer, haha!

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

What's at&t's problem with NFC?
Some say AT&T wants users to use their Isis system, others say that AT&T/Samsung has to give Google access to the devices security element for Wallet to work. And then there are others that say you need Android 4.0 and above to use it which the Note does not have yet. Either way i look at it, it sucks. Then again, its not like I have enough in my wallet long enough to pay for anything lmao.

TS

• Like 1

I haven't used my 10 free dollars from google wallet yet. I can only imagine the looks I will get thinking I hacked their credit card machine.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Then again, its not like I have enough in my wallet long enough to pay for anything lmao.

And if you get overextended on a Google Wallet credit card account and your transaction is declined, the clerk might be instructed to cut up your phone.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I haven't used my 10 free dollars from google wallet yet. I can only imagine the looks I will get thinking I hacked their credit card machine.

The looks are funny. They are baffled at such marvelous technology.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

And if you get overextended on a Google Wallet credit card account and your transaction is declined, the clerk might be instructed to cut up your phone.

:P

AJ

hmmmm Lets see. Take POS Photon into store, Pay by Google Wallet, transaction decline. Clerk cuts up my phone in half. Call Sprint and request replacement.

Yeah that will work. :)

• Like 1

I've been very happy with the battery life so far. This is the best I've gotten with what I consider moderate usage. Of course my moderate may be next to nothing for many of you so YMMV.

9kYuc.png?1

• Like 2

Click on the graph and post that shot.

One thing I have loved so much this phone is the GPS. Quick and fast and I don't have to shut it off all the time. Samsung epic was horrible with its GPS.

• Like 1

I have been considering holding off upgrading from OG EVO to LTE until LTE is actually available, but I just learned that the LTEVO will have a radio which supports 800mhz for 3G (I know 800mhz lte is way down the road, so no need to worry about a radio for that).

With that in mind, will 800mhz for 3G be usable currently/soon with NV, or will it also have to wait a long time until IDEN dies?

If it can give me a legitimate 3G upgrade I am totally willing to buy now...

I haven't heard anything about EVDO in the 800 band. It would be kinda of pointless if you ask me. Just go straight to LTE. Which is what I believe sprint is going to do after the iden sunset.

• Like 2

I have been considering holding off upgrading from OG EVO to LTE until LTE is actually available, but I just learned that the LTEVO will have a radio which supports 800mhz for 3G (I know 800mhz lte is way down the road, so no need to worry about a radio for that).

With that in mind, will 800mhz for 3G be usable currently/soon with NV, or will it also have to wait a long time until IDEN dies?

If it can give me a legitimate 3G upgrade I am totally willing to buy now...

Sprint has no plans to ever put EVDO on 800...not in Network Vision, or otherwise. The EVO LTE supports EVDO on 800 by default, not because Sprint requested it that way because they are planning EVDO 800 deployment. Sprint only has enough 800 spectrum to deploy one 1xA carrier and one LTE carrier.

Sprint may decide in the future to add an EVDO 800 carrier in some of the markets where they do not have enough spectrum to deploy a 800 LTE carrier. But they have no plans to do that now. However, this is not an issue in the Boston market. They have the full 14MHz of 800 spectrum there.

Robert

• Like 1

I've been very happy with the battery life so far. This is the best I've gotten with what I consider moderate usage. Of course my moderate may be next to nothing for many of you so YMMV.

9kYuc.png?1

I'm also digging the battery life. I'm getting over 15h a charge with mild to moderate usage (again, not a really heavy user). After the OG Evo, this is almost heavenly (along with the other heavenly features of the phone :tu: ). Interestingly, I enabled JuiceDefender Plus this morning for the first time (which I used nonstop on the OG), thinking I can squeeze out over 24 hours. If anything, my battery life was slighly worse, go figure. I guess the EvoLTE does a great job of natively turning radios on/off, etc., making JD useless.

EDIT: Oh yeah, FWIW, I have LTE/CDMA on as well as auto brightness, meaning I'm not trying hard for long battery life yet I'm still getting it. LOVE YOU EvoLTE!! :kisswink:

• Like 2

I too am loving this battery life. I can use my phone so much more and not have to worry about the battery. Also the camera is a major upgrade over the OG Evo.

Anyone have some app suggestions. Things you think are a must have. Now that I have room for apps again I am willing to try new ones. Also widgets I am very interested in good widgets!

A few apps I recommend would be pulse a rss feeder, Chrome a browser, talk a instant messenger, and Pandora for music. These are probably my most used apps. For widgets I really only rocking the stocks ones plus I downloaded a better looking calculator called Calculator Widget Free. I have it set to Motif 9, it makes it look more ICS'ish.

• Like 1

Hello to everyone. I'm newly registered but i've been following this blog for quite awhile. You all seem very intelligent and well informed about the LTE and sprint.

This afternoon I got an opportunity to play with the evo 4g lte in Santa Ana, ca.

I also downloaded pandora 4mb which took like 10 minutes it seemed. I didnt time it. I ran pandora and it took between 30 seconds to 1 minute to buffer when changing stations and skipping songs. I then let the song end normally and it was about 10-15 sec between songs. Sound quality sounds good. I was in the store with a 4 to 5 bar signal, no wifi. I also noticed that the pandora was add free, any idea why?

So my main use for the phone is for voice on the road with a jawbone headset and playing pandora through my custom car stereo mod 1/8th" stereo jack.

I tested the speed with speed test and got 160k down and 300 up. Is this average? How much problems am I going to have with pandora while driving? At this speed it is ludicrous to pay for premium pandora since I'm barely getting enough bandwidth for the free version?

The employee told me let is not coming for 2 years. Is this true?

She also said don't expect 3g improvement in speeds. Is this also true?