HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

The htc one was released a 2 or so weeks before the S4 and that didn't help.

After the requisite delays and lawsuits. Hopefully they can avoid all that this time. They almost have to as they cannot afford to release after Samsung.

The htc one was released a 2 or so weeks before the S4 and that didn't help.

If you remember it was supposed to be almost two months prior. A two week window is to small to capture somebody else s sales in a significant amount.

If they could somehow launch it in mid to late Feb or early March then they might be okay.

If you remember it was supposed to be almost two months prior. A two week window is to small to capture somebody else s sales in a significant amount.

Two weeks or two months, doesn't really make a difference.  There is nothing htc can do to significantly impact sales of the next galaxy phone.  HTC simply doesn't have the marketing budget like what samsung has, and thats what it will always come down to.  I really hope HTC can partner up with a much larger corporation so they can get the capital needed to compete with samsung on advertising.

• Like 2

Two weeks or two months, doesn't really make a difference.  There is nothing htc can do to significantly impact sales of the next galaxy phone.  HTC simply doesn't have the marketing budget like what samsung has, and thats what it will always come down to.  I really hope HTC can partner up with a much larger corporation so they can get the capital needed to compete with samsung on advertising.

I agree to a certain extent. Mostly because we have no idea how many more phones HTC would have sold if there was no delay and how many of those sales would have been stolen from Samsung. What we do know is that releasing your flagship phone  so close to Samsungs flagship is not a good idea for anybody save Apple.

I agree to a certain extent. Mostly because we have no idea how many more phones HTC would have sold if there was no delay and how many of those sales would have been stolen from Samsung. What we do know is that releasing your flagship phone  so close to Samsungs flagship is not a good idea for anybody save Apple.

Very true.  Actually what I wish they would do is release the device no more than a couple of weeks after it has been officially announced.  When the One was announced there was quite a bit of hype for it but a lot of it faded away being that it took two to three months for it to be available for sale and by that time the s4 was right around the corner.  Like you said though, as long as there aren't any delays of any sort, I really hope that when they officially announce the device that the street date be no more than two weeks later.

• Like 4

Very true.  Actually what I wish they would do is release the device no more than a couple of weeks after it has been officially announced.  When the One was announced there was quite a bit of hype for it but a lot of it faded away being that it took two to three months for it to be available for sale and by that time the s4 was right around the corner.  Like you said though, as long as there aren't any delays of any sort, I really hope that when they officially announce the device that the street date be no more than two weeks later.

Now that would be friggin awesome!

• Like 2

can someone help me?!! Did Verizon or att make a version of the htc 4g lte? the reason I'm asking is

otter box don't have any replacement case left in stock and I need a new one.

The other carrier versions were the HTC One X. Sadly the cases are not interchangeable.

Sent from my LG G2.

can someone help me?!! Did Verizon or att make a version of the htc 4g lte? the reason I'm asking is

otter box don't have any replacement case left in stock and I need a new one.

Just a thought... You might want to see if you can get one on Amazon or eBay.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Sent from my RCT6378W2

I found them new on both sites, thanks! I was wanting otterbox to replace it but they have no stock left.

• 2 weeks later...

This was happening to me all day today all over the city. My Sprint work phone held onto 1x just fine, any idea what could have been causing this?

Posted Image

Data worked perfectly fine, had a solid 1.5-2 mbps on 3G. It lasted a few hours and no amount of power cycling/prl/profile updating made it work. I didn't get 1x again until I got home in range of my airave.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

This was happening to me all day today all over the city. My Sprint work phone held onto 1x just fine, any idea what could have been causing this?

Data worked perfectly fine, had a solid 1.5-2 mbps on 3G. It lasted a few hours and no amount of power cycling/prl/profile updating made it work. I didn't get 1x again until I got home in range of my airave.

Looks like evidence of some site work in your area -- let's be optimistic and say it was NV upgrades!  :tu:

-Mike

• Like 2

Looks like evidence of some site work in your area -- let's be optimistic and say it was NV upgrades! :tu:

-Mike

I don't know what the problem was but its working now. The weird thing is my work provided dura xt had working 1x right next to my EVO. It was all over the city too. I do home delivery so I don't think it was site work over 25 square miles all at once.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

... Google Wallet's tap and pay NFC feature hasn't been working for me lately...

Me neither, and it seems there are others out there, but it's hard to find information the web about it.  

I really stopped caring after I got the Wallet card, but then today I was on my way to work in a cab, went to pay, and realized I left my wallet at home.  Tried to pay with the phone and  it says Tap and Pay "Not available" on my settings screen and the transaction declined (it was still worth trying, especially in the panic that is trying to pay for a cab without a wallet, hah).  

The chip still was recognized by the credit card reader, and Wallet detected I was trying to use the chip (it made the chime sound), but still no luck with Tap and Pay.  Wallet even sent me an email to let me know it was declined because tap and pay isn't set up on the phone, yet I can't set it up with the "not available" thing.

I've done a factory reset too with no luck.  Is yours working again?  Anyone else having tap and pay issues with their Evo?  Edit: ... still having issues even with the last Wallet update last week?

Me neither, and it seems there are others out there, but it's hard to find information the web about it.  

I really stopped caring after I got the Wallet card, but then today I was on my way to work in a cab, went to pay, and realized I left my wallet at home.  Tried to pay with the phone and  it says Tap and Pay "Not available" on my settings screen and the transaction declined (it was still worth trying, especially in the panic that is trying to pay for a cab without a wallet, hah).  

The chip still was recognized by the credit card reader, and Wallet detected I was trying to use the chip (it made the chime sound), but still no luck with Tap and Pay.  Wallet even sent me an email to let me know it was declined because tap and pay isn't set up on the phone, yet I can't set it up with the "not available" thing.

I've done a factory reset too with no luck.  Is yours working again?  Anyone else having tap and pay issues with their Evo?  Edit: ... still having issues even with the last Wallet update last week?

I've only tried to use a few times and I guess I don't know how, because I can't get that far.  I was under the impression the Wallet app didn't need to be open, so I just try touching my phone to the pay station area when it comes up.  But it's never worked.  Am I supposed to be doing something else?

I've only tried to use a few times and I guess I don't know how, because I can't get that far.  I was under the impression the Wallet app didn't need to be open, so I just try touching my phone to the pay station area when it comes up.  But it's never worked.  Am I supposed to be doing something else?

Honestly I'm not too sure myself because I never needed to set it up before when it worked.  I know my rejection email stated I needed to set up tap and pay on the app itself, and from all the documentation I can find it says to go to the settings page and go to the tap and pay option at the bottom.  But for me it just says not available.  Does yours give the same message?

Honestly I'm not too sure myself because I never needed to set it up before when it worked.  I know my rejection email stated I needed to set up tap and pay on the app itself, and from all the documentation I can find it says to go to the settings page and go to the tap and pay option at the bottom.  But for me it just says not available.  Does yours give the same message?

I don't get a message at all, it just does nothing!  Like the two things are communicating.

You need to open the App, enter your pin and wait for it to show being connected to a card, then just tap.  If your data signal is low or unusable, the service is not usable or will struggle and say ask the cashier or something to that effect.

Do you have your cards setup?

You need to open the App, enter your pin and wait for it to show being connected to a card, then just tap.  If your data signal is low or unusable, the service is not usable or will struggle and say ask the cashier or something to that effect.

Do you have your cards setup?

Yes cards are setup, but Tap and Pay stills says not available.