HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I got the same email, going to download and install it later tonight.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Just installed. I did the HTC Backup from the settings menu. It's coming in clutch. It just uses your Dropbox for cloud backup.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

The interesting thing is that this rom intentionally disables data while roaming (you can edit some of the XML files to re-enable it). Is this the new path forward for Sprint?

I haven't had a chance to load it up yet, but the last few phones I've had (EVO, EVO LTE, nexus 5) all had domestic data roaming disabled by default and I had to manually enable it. Is it any different than that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Roaming should be disabled by default. That way the user has to decide to enable it and accept the warning that they may be subject to fees, etc. Otherwise the user may not realize they are roaming or that there are limitations to roaming. It would not be good form for Sprint to enable it for their customers.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I haven't had a chance to load it up yet, but the last few phones I've had (EVO, EVO LTE, nexus 5) all had domestic data roaming disabled by default and I had to manually enable it. Is it any different than that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Roaming should be disabled by default. That way the user has to decide to enable it and accept the warning that they may be subject to fees, etc. Otherwise the user may not realize they are roaming or that there are limitations to roaming. It would not be good form for Sprint to enable it for their customers.

The difference is that the option to enable roaming is hidden unless you make xml edits.

The difference is that the option to enable roaming is hidden unless you make xml edits.

Ahhh. That is not normal. Did this appear in an update recently on the EVO LTE?

I'm using the test RUU and I can enable data roaming and I didn't edit anything...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

That's strange, because most people on XDA weren't seeing the Data Roaming option underneath 4G settings without XML edits.

Well, I was updating and my cat knocked my phone off the desk and the USB cable fell out. Now all I get is a white screen with the green HTC logo on it - help!

When you launch the updater on your computer, within it is a link to the read me which has detailed instructions on how to recover. I can pull it up when I get home if you want.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

That's strange, because most people on XDA weren't seeing the Data Roaming option underneath 4G settings without XML edits.

I think most people on XDA might not know what they are doing. The setting is still there, exactly where it was with the previous public release and trial release.

qagyjura.jpg5yjyhana.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think most people on XDA might not know what they are doing. The setting is still there, exactly where it was with the previous public release and trial release.

I just signed on to post this myself, it's definitely there. Just installed the new update on my old EVO LTE.. very snappy, I'm impressed. Did not lose S-OFF or the custom PRL I had loaded on the previous version, although that might be because the phone is not activated at the moment.

-Mike