iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

i killed my 6 pretty quickly. Texting and downloading 1000 songs back onto my phone through wifi did a pretty good job of taking me from 63% to 1% before I plugged in.

Same. I killed it fast. That and speed tests....

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

This battery is so much better than my 5s! I got a 6 128g it took a couple oh hours to get used to the larger size! And its awesome but i really wish power button was still on top, I keep trying to hit a button that isn't there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This battery is so much better than my 5s! I got a 6 128g it took a couple oh hours to get used to the larger size! And its awesome but i really wish power button was still on top, I keep trying to hit a button that isn't there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from the Nexus 5 the power button seems so natural being there [emoji3]
  • Like 4

I'm in line with a bunch of T-Mobile switchers.

You want my theory on that?

Wireless Vision (that runs the stores in St. Louis) is so horrible that it chased all the customers away. :lol:

Also I pointed out the lack of T-Mobile coverage in the Midwest to Milan over at HoFo. I won't repost it here, but here is the link. http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=15584200

• Like 1

My iPhone 6 likes to stick to B26 and sometimes bounces to B25, even though the tower behind my house has 8t 8r as well

I noticed that as well. My phone sticks to b26 mostly but it's all good cause I'm getting at least 10mbps on two bars and it's doing what I need it to do. I'd rather be on 26 than 25.

• Like 1

Good morning Guys! after 3 1/2 hours I have a activated iPhone 6P 128 Gray now on to the REAL question!

I noticed that my WIFI calling is on is it really working? How can you tell?

By the way my phone is hugging B26 at home (drat I was hoping for B41)  :D

I noticed that as well. My phone sticks to b26 mostly but it's all good cause I'm getting at least 10mbps on two bars and it's doing what I need it to do. I'd rather be on 26 than 25.

Same here. Just glad iphone is tri-band now. on the prowl for B41 today...

The option has hidden itself after being fully activated. I'm guessing we at Sprint do not have that at this time!

No we do not. That's why I was confused. Very cool to see it was an option momentarily. That could mean wifi calling in the future?!

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

Band 41, at home:aadd745df84cf8f29af329463c622a80.jpg

Previously on B26, i would hover around 2Mbps. I like the new Spark speeds a lot. :)

Some of you just need to update your profiles so they say iPhone 6.. It may be confusing to someone when some see a band 41 post with 5s as the photo ..

• Like 3

So I had to go run some errands today, and I turned screen lock to never so I could follow the connection and make note of the RF performance.

Here is a little bit more info based on what I am seeing.  Definitely on par with or maybe even a little better on B25 than the N5 and G2.  However, B26 is probably just marginally worse.  Nothing too extreme, but it doesn't quite hold on to it in a few areas my N5 would (probably the same as the G2).  On the bright side, this device finds LTE much, much faster overall.  I find myself on LTE a lot more overall than the N5 or G2 because of their long scan times so overall I prefer this device's connectivity since the 3G performance is great even on a weak signal.  (still can't wait for some B41 sites to go live around here since it appears that is where this device really excels!)

I always had to use SCP's Reset Connection function to quickly do an airplane mode reset to reacquire LTE in areas that I knew had a -90 or better LTE signal on both the N5 and G2.  With the iPhone, I don't need to worry about that nonsense since it almost immediately brings back LTE even with a -110 signal or worse.  :tu:

• Like 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411226192.270790.jpg

It isn't B41... But I love my local, unloaded, tower. In a town of 12,000 with pretty much all Verizon and USCC subscribers, this is typical at all times of the day.

Edit:  But then again, with Sprint's new plan with B41 of prioritizing B41 to loaded towers or major cities, my local site probably won't get B41 for at least a year.  Oh well, it isn't too big of a deal since I can do EVERYTHING I want with 32/9.  Hopefully they get it fired up where I work on campus in Madison though.  Now that classes are back in session, 1/5 are typical speeds during office hours.

• Like 3

I wonder if the wifi calling comment was talking about Continuity in iOS 8. My iPad displays missed calls for me now when both my phone and iPad are connected to the same wifi and apparently it's supposed to allow people to accept calls on their other devices. It isn't true wifi calling though - it uses wifi to connect to your phone, then uses the mobile to connect to the towers.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Has anyone looked at the PRL yet to see if 1x800 is still a lower priority?

I am not sure how to check...  But in my drive today, where I go between two small towns and the 2 towers are 18 miles apart, I never roamed on the iPhone 6 where I typically do on my N5 or G2.  I don't know if it is because of a better 1x 1900 radio, or if it is actually switching to 1x 800 properly.