Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Good. I think it's my phone cause sometimes mine drops to 3G. Even in universal it dropped. Inside Hairy Potter got 1x800 or roaming.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Nope that's the brick. All carriers do the worst at harry potter. Tmobile and At&t lost coverage and only Sprint and Verizon had 1x800 last time I went on harry potter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nope that's the brick. All carriers do the worst at harry potter. Tmobile and At&t lost coverage and only Sprint and Verizon had 1x800 last time I went on harry potter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good to know. Band 26 did pop up shortly.

They're everywhere already. Houston, New Orleans, San Antonio, Austin, Ft. Worth, and Dallas all have one.

There's not one in the D.C. Area as far as I can tell.... which is surprising because Sprint has a major presence in Reston, Va.

Well, I did it.  Moved from true unlimited nonprioritized to the new Sprint Unlimited plan.  Because the initial price is $110 for two lines, I estimate my taxes will go up $1.50/mo.  But with the auto-pay discount (was already doing) and once work discount is applied, I should be saving roughly $8/mo. 

• Like 1

I think at least 60% of sites have it in Orlando.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah I've sell some that don't. I think it's very smart they did widen all the parks first.

• Like 1

Modern single radio phones aka; every new device, can be on LTE and receive calls.

I still dont understand. If I am at home, my Wifi speed and LTE-from-airave speed will be the same right, since theyre both limited by my Comcast speed?

I still dont understand. If I am at home, my Wifi speed and LTE-from-airave speed will be the same right, since theyre both limited by my Comcast speed?

Not so much about speeds than having a seamless experience. Switching from macro site to airave since they both are on lte.
  • Like 1

Not so much about speeds than having a seamless experience. Switching from macro site to airave since they both are on lte.

To clarify, people with previous Airave models were routinely instructed by Sprint Care to disable LTE on their devices so that they could connect to the Airave explicitly. Otherwise they ran the risk of not receiving incoming calls. The new model doesn't just provide an LTE carrier -- it's also compatible with e/CSFB insofar as your device will be able to properly receive incoming call pages through the LTE carrier and switch to the CDMA carrier.

• Like 9

A strong lte signal is always better for devices. My stand by idle time increased two or three folds ever since the installed. That's the most important thing Imo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I think at least 60% of sites have it in Orlando.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The site off US192 old Town celebration area is still 5x5.

More Sprint retail stores for Texas:

Sprint Expands in Texas with 79 New Retail Stores Creating More Than 550 Jobs

This doesn't make sense to me. Marcelo seems to still be running with his long held belief that Sprint has a distribution channels deficiency vs. the other carriers.

Sprint doesn't have a distribution problem from what I can tell. There are already 350 stores in the State according to the release. People can order phones online or by calling and they usually get the best deals by doing so instead of going into a store... so I don't get what this accomplishes.

This money should be going into Network CapEx or paying off high interest debt.

Perhaps if a new macro site or small cell was being built on top of or near each new store, it would make more sense to me why Sprint is doing this... but I just don't get what this store expansion accomplishes when Sprint has other more pressing needs.

• Like 4

I don't think Marcelo was referring to VoLTE when he said "next couple of weeks." I think that was in reference to the other requests unless I'm reading that wrong.

I agree with you.

I don't think a greater retail presence is the most important issue, either.

Also, soccer just isn't the massive phenomenon here in the United States that it is in Latin America. As much as Marcelo loves the sport, he's barking up the wrong tree. Sprint and its storied and highly frustrating history of being "almost there." Or maybe "trying too hard"?

• Like 2

I don't think a greater retail presence is the most important issue, either.

Also, soccer just isn't the massive phenomenon here in the United States that it is in Latin America. As much as Marcelo loves the sport, he's barking up the wrong tree. Sprint and its storied and highly frustrating history of being "almost there." Or maybe "trying too hard"?

Sales/Distribution isn't the issue. Network is the issue. Debt is the issue. Improve the product sold, and it will sell itself though existing channels, which are plentiful in my opinion.

Except for the fact that Sprint should close an underperforming store and replace it with a store located in Union Station (Train Station) in DC.

http://www.unionstationdc.com/leasing/

Union Station is one of the most iconic destinations in Washington, D.C. The transportation hub and retail destination is visited by over 100,000 people each day and 40 million people each year. The terminal is served by METRO, Amtrak, MARC and VRE commuter railroads, and is the main bus terminal of Washington D.C. as well as a hub for many D.C. tour bus operators.

Verizon has one there. Sprint is missing out on a huge opportunity for sales and brand exposure by not having a store at Union Station.... and this gets to my broader point. Sprint needs to make better business decisions, which result in an appreciable Return on Investment.

Sell a product people want. Put a store where a lot of people would pass by. The product sells.

If the product doesn't sell, something is wrong with the product/pricing/messaging or the store location.

D.C. United is getting a brand new soccer stadium here in Washington, D.C.

Audi Field: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Field

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2017/02/27/after-years-of-setbacks-d-c-united-finally-breaks-ground-for-new-stadium/

The $300 million venue is scheduled to open in June 2018, furnishing United with a true home after 22 seasons in dingy RFK Stadium.

Hopefully Sprint has 3CA widely deployed here by then or supports a DAS in the Stadium!

• Like 2