Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And we'll all be like this:9ea92cce76967ea34457818dd5098996.gif

He took it out.  That seems like something John Legere would do.

AJ

• Like 3

Yeah and they'll have already cleared the fcc, doj, and sec.

And we'll all be like this:9ea92cce76967ea34457818dd5098996.gif

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That'll be crazy. The announcement would just be when the transition will start. Would something like this be possible especially with the quiet period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and they'll have already cleared the fcc, doj, and sec.

And we'll all be like this:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LOL! Perhaps they could announce it "subject to regulatory review".

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/mergers-and-competition/merger-review

Among the key provisions in U.S. antitrust law is one designed to prevent anticompetitive mergers or acquisitions. Under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act, the FTC and the Department of Justice review most of the proposed transactions that affect commerce in the United States and are over a certain size, and either agency can take legal action to block deals that it believes would “substantially lessen competition.” Although there are some exemptions, for the most part current law requires companies to report any deal that is valued at more than $78.2 million to the agencies so they can be reviewed.

After the companies report a proposed deal, the agencies will do a preliminary review to determine whether it raises any antitrust concerns that warrant closer examination. Because the FTC and the Department of Justice share jurisdiction over merger review, transactions requiring further review are assigned to one agency on a case-by-case basis depending on which agency has more expertise with the industry involved. During the preliminary review, the parties must wait 30 days (15 days in the case of a cash tender or bankruptcy transaction) before closing their deal. Based on what the agency finds, it can: 1) terminate the waiting period and allow the parties to consummate their transaction (this action often is referred to as an “early termination”); 2) let the waiting period to expire, which allows the parties to consummate the transaction; or 3) if the initial review has raised competition issues, the agency may extend the review and ask the parties to turn over more information so it can take a closer look at how the transaction will affect competition (this action often is referred to as a “second request.”).

The vast majority of deals reviewed by the FTC and the Department of Justice are allowed to proceed after the first, preliminary review.

However, if a second request is issued, the companies must provide more information. Once the parties have certified that they have substantially complied with the request, the investigating agency has 30 additional days (10 days in the case of a cash tender or bankruptcy transaction) to complete its review of the transaction and take action if necessary. The agency may decide at this point to: 1) close the investigation; 2) enter into a settlement with the companies; 3) take legal action in federal district court or through the FTC’s administrative process to block the deal from going forward

Maybe John Legere met up with Charlie Ergen in Denver. Now traveling to Germany to meet with the DT CEO.

"traveling to Germany to meet with the DT CEO"? Maybe, maybe you are right, but I interpret Legeres' twitter post of "FAR to the east" as Far East and Germany isn't in the Far East. The part that throws me off is why would Son have Marcelo, Gunther and Legere together. Things that make you say hmmmm.

• Like 4

"traveling to Germany to meet with the DT CEO"? Maybe, maybe you are right, but I interpret Legeres' twitter post of "FAR to the east" as Far East and Germany isn't in the Far East. The part that throws me off is why would Son have Marcelo, Gunther and Legere together. Things that make you say hmmmm.

I agree. FAR EAST sounds like Japan to me.

I wonder where Neville Ray is...

I am beginning to warm to the idea that Sprint's plan for B41 buildout/B41 small cells and LTE at GMO's is a VoLTE play. Sprint needs ubiquitous in footprint LTE in order to go VoLTE. It can't turn on VoLTE in any market until there is a strong enough LTE signal over the existing footprint.

I have thought the same thing for a while. Apparently B41 small cells are coming to certain unnamed towns in Minnesota that currently have no Sprint service…;)

• Like 4

BlackBerry just needs to give up at this point, same goes for HTC lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'll pour out a little liquor for HTC lol. They were actually good in recent years and lost focus.

I have thought the same thing for a while. Apparently B41 small cells are coming to certain unnamed towns in Minnesota that currently have no Sprint service… ;)

And South Dakota.  And Wyoming.  ;)

• Like 6

Im sure he meant it when he said it, but for obvious reasons it never came to fruition, and this new one, I find it super hard for Sprint to justify carrying it.

I think they should concentrate on devices that are a bit more "forward" thinking.

Im sure he meant it when he said it, but for obvious reasons it never came to fruition, and this new one, I find it super hard for Sprint to justify carrying it.

I think they should concentrate on devices that are a bit more "forward" thinking.

The Sprint  Priv model never got FCC Certs, Keyone BBB100-3 past certs 2 weeks ago

Maybe John Legere met up with Charlie Ergen in Denver. Now traveling to Germany to meet with the DT CEO.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the mention of Legere leaving Denver. I sure hope this is true!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the mention of Legere leaving Denver. I sure hope this is true!

The Far East is a geographical term for East Asia, which is where Marcello and Son are currently meeting.

Cryptic message? Maybe.

• Like 3