Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It looks as tho the event went on for a few hours, but they only included this quick summary.

We are nerds, we need detail!

LOL! maybe on the 16th he will give more info in the AMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If they can push most of the band 41 on towers that do not have them and covert the clear sites to 8t8r. Network would be ready start turn heads again.it is great when you in sprint plus market than you go back band 25/26 and can not load something on your phone takes forever. But I will take all improvements and new technology anyday.

• Like 2

One thing I did notice on the image above, was that they had 3 devices running 3XCA, GS7, HTC Bolt and the iPhone 7.

Why can't they just release the software to those devices that are capable?

It makes me think Sprint is not ready to have 3xCA for customers.  I mean this has been raved about for almost a year.  

If they can push most of the band 41 on towers that do not have them and covert the clear sites to 8t8r. Network would be ready start turn heads again.it is great when you in sprint plus market than you go back band 25/26 and can not load something on your phone takes forever. But I will take all improvements and new technology anyday.

I believe that was the original plan under Dan was to put that on as many towers as they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65k Macros with 8T8R

50k to 70k Small cells

Then Sprint can brag about " With our 160mhz of 2.5hgz we will have an advantage" until then they will continue to be a pretender.

• Like 7

Ton of details in the press release...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-unveils-breakthrough-technology-innovation-to-deliver-better-coverage-and-faster-data-speeds-in-more-places.htm?view_id=7454

Including this lil nugget from the press release..

Looking ahead, Sprint will continue its deployment of three-channel carrier aggregation on 2.5 GHz sites. The company also anticipates leveraging a multitude of advanced technologies including multiple carrier aggregation, 256 QAM, 4x4 MIMO (multiple-input, multiple-output) and Massive MIMO to further enhance the capacity and coverage of its 2.5 GHz TDD-LTE spectrum.

• Like 3

Quick question: does hpue only help with uplink? does downlink get any boost?

HPUE is an uplink improvement. It increases the transmit power of the device from 23dBm to 26dBm, which is a 2x increase. This expands the overall coverage of band 41 since uplink falloff dictates when the device can no longer make reliable connection.

Downlink improvements come from 256QAM, MIMO, and beamforming.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quick question: does hpue only help with uplink? does downlink get any boost?

I don't think so, since downlink speed isn't tied to your phone's Tx radios which AFAIK are the only things affected by HPUE.

More info in Dr. Saw's post as well....

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/breakthrough-hpue-innovation-to-benefit-tdd-lte-networks-worldwide.htm

30% Coverage extension for 2.5 GHz... and....

HPUE does a tremendous thing – it closes the coverage gap between our mid and high-band spectrum. It’s no secret that high-band spectrum doesn’t travel as far as mid or low-band, particularly indoors. It’s also no secret that high-band spectrum is the spectrum of the 5G future with its ability to deliver tremendous amounts of data at very fast speeds. With HPUE, our customers gain the best of both worlds, allowing our 2.5 GHz spectrum to maintain all of the speed and capacity advantages of high-band, while gaining the coverage advantages of mid-band spectrum on HPUE capable devices.

With HPUE, our outdoor 2.5 GHz coverage strength becomes nearly identical to our 1.9 GHz coverage. And indoors, where 60 to 70 percent of all wireless traffic is generated, HPUE enables our 2.5 GHz spectrum to achieve 90 percent of the indoor penetration that is currently achieved by our 1.9 GHz spectrum. The result? An even better experience for our customers with increased coverage, more capacity, and faster speeds.

• Like 3

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/breakthrough-hpue-innovation-to-benefit-tdd-lte-networks-worldwide.htm

Nice I look forward to that, even though B25 (hardly ever see it pop up) and B26 have worse signal in my house than B41 does I imagine that 30% would make a sizable difference.

• Like 4

HPUE is an uplink improvement. It increases the transmit power of the device from 23dBm to 26dBm, which is a 2x increase.

I wonder what the battery life tradeoff will be - that 2x increased power output has to take a big chunk out of the battery.

I wonder what the battery life tradeoff will be - that 2x increased power output has to take a big chunk out of the battery.

Not only that, I wonder what the SAR values for HPUE devices are going to be as well.

Will I need shielding next to my head to use these devices? ;-)

So if I understand correctly, let's say without hpue, downlink signal can travel 100 m, and uplink signal can travel 70 m.  So as long as an user stays withing 70 m from a cell tower, he will stay connected, but if he travels beyond 70 m, he will lose connection even if the downlink signal can still reach him.  So if his phone is equipped with hpue, then the downlink signal can increase to 100 m therefore he will stay connected up to 100 m from the cell tower.  I know it is very simplified example, but am I on the right track?