Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

At every conference they say every carrier has 300 million pops and they say coverge is not the issue but capacity and speed are the focus.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sprint isn't even close to att or vzw. The map they have up in there store annoys me cause it isn't close to that.
  • Like 3

At every conference they say every carrier has 300 million pops and they say coverge is not the issue but capacity and speed are the focus.

They need to focus less on Speed more on coverage. I'm not saying not to deploy small cells they need them. Add coverage to roaming areas. People talk about money well that not the customers problem. People want coverage. People don't have to pay to use anyone's network.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I hope it's actually a major announcement this time.

It could be 3xCA... or it could have to do with the announcement of High Power UE on Band 41 that Dr. John Saw spoke about last week at the Conference.

I remember him saying Sprint would have something more to say about it in the next week or so.

• Like 3

It could be 3xCA... or it could have to do with the announcement of High Power UE on Band 41 that Dr. John Saw spoke about last week at the Conference.

I remember him saying Sprint would have something more to say about it in the next week or so.

What is High power UE?

What is High power UE?

Doubles max B41 uplink power (was 23dbm, will be 26dbm), effectively increasing B41 range. If the math is right, we will see a 19% increase in outdoor cell radius.

• Like 4

Doubles max B41 uplink power (was 23dbm, will be 26dbm), effectively increasing B41 range. If the math is right, we will see a 19% increase in outdoor cell radius.

I'm guessing we would need new phones for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snapdragon 835

Man this is becoming a yearly thing now (by choice) to take advantage of the network as a whole. Well let's see if Apple includes this tweak in there next A chip.

• Like 4

Man this is becoming a yearly thing now (by choice) to take advantage of the network as a whole. Well let's see if Apple includes this tweak in there next A chip.

They better or I'll be jumping ship back to android....

They better or I'll be jumping ship back to android....

Yea. I do actually like the Pixel. It's almost like the iPhone of Android. Too bad for this network improvement there can't be a update pushed out for it. It was hell trying to get my Jet Black iPhone.

• Like 1

Pops and square miles are not the same.

• Like 1

Son's meet with Trump pledging $50 billion and 10k jobs was Son discussing approval for Sprint+TMobile.  Son buys at least 51% of TMobile for $50 billion and promises to create 10k jobs. 

Unless Son is planning on doing other various acquisitions (AMD maybe) that warrants a meet with the president-elect. 

It'll be a vary interesting merger indeed. 

Except a merger will result in the loss of 10,000 jobs.

• Like 1

OK. Googling it claims makes it act like midrange spectrum.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/wells-fargo-sprint-could-acquire-t-mobile-for-93-4b

That's alot of money that could go into the network. Just sayin.

Where would Sprint get that kind of money?

One does not have to buy the other, they could just merge. If they do buy them, they only need to own 51% of the resultant company, so Softbank might have to come up with some money but nowhere near $93.4B.

What was interesting to me is the T-Mobile's net debt of $33B. I did not know it was that high.

• Like 2

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/wells-fargo-sprint-could-acquire-t-mobile-for-93-4b

That's alot of money that could go into the network. Just sayin.

That's a lot of money just to swallow up the competition. Son would have just been better off buying T-Mobile from the start if that's what he really wanted. Just go after what you really want and not BS it. That amount of money can be used elsewhere.

• Like 1

Softbank is getting that kind of money.  If TMobile is purchased, it will be Softbank owning Sprint and owning TMobile.  Then merging those two assets together.

Son pledged $50billion already.  He doesn't have to buy every last DT share up front either.  And $33billion of it is just taking over the debt aspect.  No cash needed there.

That's a lot of money just to swallow up the competition. Son would have just been better off buying T-Mobile from the start if that's what he really wanted. Just go after what you really want and not BS it. That amount of money can be used elsewhere.

Sprint was the low hanging fruit.  He might have been better off with TMobile, but then Sprint might be dead and in pieces right now, so starting with Sprint might have been the best path forward to secure Sprint's assets. 

With the quick showing of wanting TMobile after the Sprint purchase, it gives the impression that a merger has been his grand vision.

• Like 1

Sprint was the low hanging fruit. He might have been better off with TMobile, but then Sprint might be dead and in pieces right now, so starting with Sprint might have been the best path forward to secure Sprint's assets.

With the quick showing of wanting TMobile after the Sprint purchase, it gives the impression that a merger has been his grand vision.

That's understandable and I can honestly see that as well but why not get T-Mobile when it was cheaper and then swallow Sprint since it'll be where's its currently at now or less. It's almost like it's costing more but I could be looking at it the wrong way too.

Honest question. With the current state of T-Mobile, do they really need a merger with another cellular company? Has anyone here used their service in comparison to Sprint?

Honest question. With the current state of T-Mobile, do they really need a merger with another cellular company? Has anyone here used their service in comparison to Sprint?

Doesn't matter.

Merger = more $$$ for executives and shareholders regardless of service and jobs

If it can happen, they will make it happen.

• Like 2