Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Hmm. Info on the LTE Airave equivalents and when they're gonna fix the GMOs. But I think we all know the answer to the latter.

And I might ask about the network chain of command at Sprint.

What's the answer to the gmo's?

I still have 3 close to my house and every year I'm told with the next year....

My most recent response !!

All 3 sites are in the works to get converted to Full Build in order to get LTE 1900, 800 and 2500 on air. See ETA for each. They are in site acquisition phase now which takes some time but we are pushing to beat these dates.

Cascade Site ID: CB03XC351

Name: 1618 Loudon St (Jake's Property Services). Forecasted On Air ( 6/15/17)

Cascade Site ID: CB03XC072

Name: 1256 Columbus Rd (Creno's Pizza). Forecasted On Air ( 11/1/17)

Cascade Site ID: CB73XC003

Name: 2025 North St. Forecasted On Air ( 7/1/17)

• Like 1

What's the answer to the gmo's?

I still have 3 close to my house and every year I'm told with the next year....

My most recent response !!

All 3 sites are in the works to get converted to Full Build in order to get LTE 1900, 800 and 2500 on air. See ETA for each. They are in site acquisition phase now which takes some time but we are pushing to beat these dates.

Cascade Site ID: CB03XC351

Name: 1618 Loudon St (Jake's Property Services). Forecasted On Air ( 6/15/17)

Cascade Site ID: CB03XC072

Name: 1256 Columbus Rd (Creno's Pizza). Forecasted On Air ( 11/1/17)

Cascade Site ID: CB73XC003

Name: 2025 North St. Forecasted On Air ( 7/1/17)

How do you get info about towers like this?
  • Like 2

Individual sites might have different priorities, but I was referencing the "they'll get done when Sprint has tons of extra cash" that we've all heard before.

I'm still waiting for my two 3G GMOs to get GMO LTE. Once that happens, I'll probably be happy with those two sites until they can go back and full-build them.

• Like 1

Individual sites might have different priorities, but I was referencing the "they'll get done when Sprint has tons of extra cash" that we've all heard before.

I'm still waiting for my two 3G GMOs to get GMO LTE. Once that happens, I'll probably be happy with those two sites until they can go back and full-build them.

I'm in the sam boat as u.... still 3G only but recently had b26 turned on in the area and helps fill in where my 3 3G only sites are located in Granville OH.

I'm hoping my gmo upgrades are done before 11/17 though!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind questions are we going ask gunther on next ama on reddit. Mind will be do yo have money for theses dam gmos sites for lte.

1st question would be: is direct 2 you still expanding and is it still affective ( I know it's not network related , but would be interesting to know ). 2nd: are they currently still converting 3G sites to LTE along interstates and highways where they do have native coverage. 3rd: I would ask at what point would they feel comfortable turning on volte 4th: is there still an expansion plan to add native coverage in areas where they are roaming on Verizon.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 one more I would ask: as they are adding small cells in cities. Are are they also still adding Marco sites in cities. as well all know small cells are only good for capacity not coverage

Hopefully small cells will be ever half mile like VZW has done.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 one more I would ask: as they are adding small cells in cities. Are are they also still adding Marco sites in cities. as well all know small cells are only good for capacity not coverage

I wanted to ask that too. From what I see adding small cells only makes since if lots of surrounding macros have b41.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I wanted to ask that too. From what I see adding small cells only makes since if lots of surrounding macros have b41.

For Sprint small cells are pretty much B41.

Yes, but I'm sure that would cost sprint lost more money. I think I've seen them cost like 40 thousand a pop

I don't know how much they cost. I've been told they can deploy 20 of them for the price of 1 macro site. I thought Softbank would helped pay for network upgrades. Sprint should have gone with Dish instead

• Like 2

I don't know how much they cost. I've been told they can deploy 20 of them for the price of 1 macro site. I thought Softbank would helped pay for network upgrades. Sprint should have gone with Dish instead

Ya, but in between those 20 there would have to be a Marco sites located somwhere. Cause you can't make calls from these small cells since they are LTE only. (Just an assumption)

Ya, but in between those 20 there would have to be a Marco sites located somwhere. Cause you can't make calls from these small cells since they are LTE only. (Just an assumption)

I know. :)

• Like 1

yeah but if its 40000 a site they could bring it to at least 15,000 more macro sites for less than a billion. That would be the majority of sites left that doesn't have it.

I wonder how that would work..sprint has tower spacing issues in a lot of areas

Depends if you get good voice/3G then small cells will connect you to LTE. If it's spotty signal all together then macro is needed. Macro sites are needed along freeways. Sprint has areas in my area where macros are needed to keep LTE going

• Like 1

Depends if you get good voice/3G then small cells will connect you to LTE. If it's spotty signal all together then macro is needed. Macro sites are needed along freeways. Sprint has areas in my area where macros are needed to keep LTE going

Just an example: from my house to the nearest sprint tower is a distance of 4.7 miles. If you add 20 small cells between my house I'm sure another Marco sites would have to be added

As far as I understand it, outdoor small cells serve two main purposes:

1. Filling LTE gaps between sites or in areas with RF shadow issues but where 3G is still useable

and

2. Adding capacity.

If there is no 3G in a location, Sprint will probably add a macro or tune 3G on surrounding towers to cover the area before they add an LTE small cell.

HOWEVER

as we advance towards VoLTE Sprint might start to put up LTE small cells in areas with no working 3G.

And yeah small cells may be 40k but a new macro colocation runs a few hundred thousand, right?

• Like 3

As far as I understand it, outdoor small cells serve two main purposes:

1. Filling LTE gaps between sites or in areas with RF shadow issues but where 3G is still useable

and

2. Adding capacity.

If there is no 3G in a location, Sprint will probably add a macro or tune 3G on surrounding towers to cover the area before they add an LTE small cell.

HOWEVER

as we advance towards VoLTE Sprint might start to put up LTE small cells in areas with no working 3G.

And yeah small cells may be 40k but a new macro colocation runs a few hundred thousand, right?

Yes, but you can't really fill in LTE gaps with small cells it's only used for capacity.. so, macro sites will be needed. I don't think it's saving them any money ether. I think the money they were going to use for a macro sites there just investing it in small cells (which is fine ). In some cities they have a dense enough Marco grid like a new York, but even there they haven't rolled out mobility small cells. Sprint just converted Wimax mini tower over to TD-LTE. I hope they are doing both adding Marco sites and small cells like Verizon is doing

yeah but if its 40000 a site they could bring it to at least 15,000 more macro sites for less than a billion. That would be the majority of sites left that doesn't have it.

I'm pretty sure Sprint has way less than 15,000 sites without LTE.

• Like 1

Yes, but you can't really fill in LTE gaps with small cells it's only used for capacity.. so, macro sites will be needed. I don't think it's saving them any money ether. I think the money they were going to use for a macro sites there just investing it in small cells (which is fine ). In some cities they have a dense enough Marco grid like a new York, but even there they haven't rolled out mobility small cells. Sprint just converted Wimax mini tower over to TD-LTE. I hope they are doing both adding Marco sites and small cells like Verizon is doing

It's actually all new equipment. It's simply at the sites that Clear already owned in NYC so they didn't have to go through all of the hoops that setting up all new small cells require such as figuring out where to deploy and getting access to the street light in the first place.

• Like 4