Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I see they lifted up the hood on 3CA in 8 cities. Stuff we already knew but glad to see they announced it. I'm in the Columbus market and haven't experienced it yet on my 7plus but that could explain as to why I lost b41 while at home but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint has definitely turned the corner. What's incredible to me is how bloated Sprint was as a company. According to the release, Sprint has realized more than $1.1 Billion of year-to-date reductions in cost of services and selling, general and administrative expenses, with nearly $600 Million of the reduction coming in the fiscal second-quarter.

Apparently, the company remains on track to achieve its goal of a sustainable reduction of $2 Billion or more of run-rate operating expenses exiting fiscal year 2016 and has plans for further reductions in fiscal year 2017 and beyond.

Sprint's bloated cost structure was a huge liability, and kept the company from being truly competitive.

• Like 3

Page 8 of the Investor Presentation shows the percentage of Tri-band and CA-capable devices on Sprint.

http://s21.q4cdn.com/487940486/files/doc_presentations/2016/3_Fiscal-2Q16-Sprint-Quarterly-Investor-Update-FINAL.pdf

"Postpaid tri-band LTE phones represented 78 percent of the 25.7 million ending postpaid phone connection base compared to 54 percent at the end of the year-ago period and 73 percent at the end of the prior quarter. During the quarter, 94 percent of postpaid phones sold were tri-band."

"Postpaid carrier aggregation capable phones, which allow for higher data speeds, were 75 percent of postpaid phones sold during the quarter, increasing the number of these phones within the phone base to 42 percent."

The iPhone 7 release on Sprint really drove the CA percentage number up this quarter.

• Like 1

Sprint has really held its own these last two quarters. Great to see 60M customers total again.

I'm confident Marcelo will cut another billion in operating cost as he pledged to do. The old sprint was run by a group of people whose business acumen had matured in a 90s wireline culture. They weren't ever going to see it much differently. Keep cutting the fat, Marcelo.

• Like 6

Sprint has really held its own these last two quarters. Great to see 60M customers total again.

I'm confident Marcelo will cut another billion in operating cost as he pledged to do. The old sprint was run by a group of people whose business acumen had matured in a 90s wireline culture. They weren't ever going to see it much differently. Keep cutting the fat, Marcelo.

Well said. Looking back now, it's remarkable what Marcelo and his team have accomplished so far.

Things were really bad across multiple fronts when he came on board due to poor management and execution. It's too easy to forget that.

Sprint is being run as SoftBank USA by Marcelo. That's exactly what's needed here.

• Like 3

Sprint stocks taking a hit.

I think analysts still aren't buying their 'denisification' strategy because of the limited field results. I get they don't want to give away their strategy, but I think we can all agree it seems a bit stalled with at least one of their major small cell vendors (**cough** mobilitie **cough**).

Oh and the shorts may be trying to cover their arses.  :P

• Like 1

mainly people want to see their service revenue stabilizes but so far it still decreases sequentially.  remember sprint does not make money selling phones, they make money selling their services.  so most if not all of the increase in revenue was from selling phones which at best breaks even or results in a loss.  

Paramount Pictures used to control a movies production, distribution and the exhibition (the theatre). In 1948, the Supreme Court ruled that level of vertical integration violated anti-trust. One could argue this merger could be a modern day version of this integration. Time Warner/ATT could in theory control HBO (production of a movie) and then only allow it to be shown on U-verse/ATT wireless devices.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Paramount_Pictures,_Inc.

If the regulators want to block this merger, they will find a reason.  Drag it up to the Supreme Court will only benefit the lawyers.  Democrats tend to be more anti-conglomerate mergers. Assuming Clinton will will the election, the chances for the merger will be less than under a Republican president.  It will be interesting to see how this will play out. 

Assuming Clinton will will the election, the chances for the merger will be less than under a Republican president. It will be interesting to see how this will play out.

Obviously you haven't been following the election too closely.

• Like 2

No. I'm not sure if he edited his post but I thought he was saying Trump would be more accepting of a merger than Clinton. I may have read it wrong.

I read somewhere in the news that Trump said he would block the merger

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Obviously you haven't been following the election too cl

Well, I think most people stop following when they hear Trump speak and go straight to the polls.  It's sad to be a Republican, from Mitt to Trump in four years. 

• Like 2

Yes, but shareholder don't like the fact that Sprint lowered there capex again

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I called it two days ago. Their plan is to bluff network improvements (small cells cost less and will give use the improvements we need to maintain competitiveness), starve the network (lowering capex) to improve balance sheet (ie pay debt coming due). Short run good ( no default cash positions stay good), long run bad (network starts to have problems again). Markets are forward looking, they know capex is key to sprint maintaining subscriber growth in a way that will grow revenue and free cash flow.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I called it two days ago. Their plan is to bluff network improvements (small cells cost less and will give use the improvements we need to maintain competitiveness), starve the network (lowering capex) to improve balance sheet (ie pay debt coming do). Short run good ( no default cash positions stay good), long run bad (network starts to have problems again). Markets are forward looking, they know capex is key to sprint maintaining subscriber growth in a way that will grow revenue and free cash flow.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

The small cells would only work in markets where band 41 is substantially rolled out

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Where has the network started deteriorating? Definitely haven't expected that in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There's lots of areas that lack upgrades, thus taking a hit on the network because of the 50% off deal. Tucson Yuma area is one. But I'm just one area. LTE speeds hoover around. .3mbps down.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 3