Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

What is everyone's thought on the new commercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGLOeyalDLc

It's cool honestly but I'm still trying to figure out what Sprint deems is reliable when comparing to Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It's cool honestly but I'm still trying to figure out what Sprint deems is reliable when comparing to Verizon.

I think people really underestimate how reliable Sprint truly is at this point. It definitely isn't the fastest everywhere or even the most advanced, but data almost always works, I haven't had a dropped call or blocked call in over a year and half and text have no issues. Unlike our friends over at Tmo, they seem to have an outage every week.

I know it's not a simple thing to measure reliability, but according to root Sprint is definitely up there with Verizon when it comes to reliability.

• Like 2

I think people really underestimate how reliable Sprint truly is at this point. It definitely isn't the fastest everywhere or even the most advanced, but data almost always works, I haven't had a dropped call or blocked call in over a year and half and text have no issues. Unlike our friends over at Tmo, they seem to have an outage every week.

I know it's not a simple thing to measure reliability, but according to root Sprint is definitely up there with Verizon when it comes to reliability.

I agree for the places and interstates I travel on Sprint hold LTE really well. But because we are talking about Sprint people are still side eyeing some of the stuff they say.

I've noticed on rootmetrics they are winning more overall first places outright or tied in new cities they haven't before. I would still like to know what they classify as reliable but that may be wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Depends on where. They have definitely come a long way but to my surprise according to my secret source at Sprint they only have 57% of all sites upgraded to band 41. I didn't know that they could cover 70% of americans with high band on only a little more than half of there sites.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Depends on where. They have definitely come a long way but to my surprise according to my secret source at Sprint they only have 57% of all sites upgraded to band 41. I didn't know that they could cover 70% of americans with high band on only a little more than half of there sites.

Reliability is different from raw speed. You can have a 1mb connection reliably, and on the opposite end of the spectrum (no pun intended) a 100mb connection that goes down on a regular basis. I simply believe most Sprint subs have very few issues (besides speeds in non B41 markets and 3G in non B26 markets) in general at this point. 

• Like 1

AT&T is a very smart company planning big things for their business. Although ny only concern with this deal is if it'll leave them with enough money to make another move at T-Mobile, something I really want them to do and think they will try to do eventually, in order to have their network nearly perfected

I seriously doubt Comcast will ever go after T-Mobile. My thinking is that Comcast and Verizon will merge eventually, as they have a close business relationship. Some high-profile analysts have speculated on this happening, and think its a match. So do I.

Sometimes I question the logic in your thinking and any connection you even attempt to make with reality.  At the current conditions and preceded events, the only event that COULD happen is what you "seriously doubt" will happen.  I will bet any amount with you on it.  Tmo and ATT will never happen for obvious reasons. Comcast and VZ are almost of equal size (150+ Billions in market cap each). Combining 2 companies of this size will raise red flags as soon as the topic is discussed.  Comcast would be wise to go after Tmo if they want to further their ambitions, at a steep price but Comcast can afford. 

Horizontal/vertical integration and strategic or even anti competitive conglomeration do not necessarily equal monopoly.

AJ

Horizontal integration is purchase of someone in the same business arena.  Vertical integration is purchase someone up a business/supply chain.  Time Warner is a content producing company, and T is a content provider company. Thus, monopolistic concerns are less in these acquisitions, but doesn't mean there aren't concerns with T and Time Warner merger.  I expect this will sail through after rigorous review by regulators and intense lobbying efforts from T and Time Warner.  

• Like 1

Your source know how many of the Network vision sites have adequate backhaul?

I think sprint's plan is to bluff improvements, starve the network as much as possible and improve their balance sheet. In the short run, good for stock price. In the long run bad for the company.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is true. Im not talking about 100mbps. I mean reliable speeds over 1mbps. This is not the 3g days anymore which did the same thing. streaming music, and video under 480p is fine but downloading anything not reliable without b41 unless your on a uncongested tower. Also thats Sprints problem right there. Islands of band 41 but when you hit the other 2 bands any user will notice. A good example of this is my friends that at recommend to Sprint left in under 6 months due to slow data, 5 of them. Even my son notices and throws a fit when we are driving and leave band 41 it will immediately start buffering and quality will hit 144p or even stop. These are examples in my area but it has happened to me in alot of areas. If band 41 is around reliability is fantastic if not especially band 26 then not so much.

Reliability is different from raw speed. You can have a 1mb connection reliably, and on the opposite end of the spectrum (no pun intended) a 100mb connection that goes down on a regular basis. I simply believe most Sprint subs have very few issues (besides speeds in non B41 markets and 3G in non B26 markets) in general at this point.

• Like 1

That's pretty dope. They can achieve the coverage via high band with little more than a half of their sites.

That's pretty dope. They can achieve the coverage via high band with little more than a half of their sites.

The percentage is much, much higher within the cities that are actually covered though. Think on the order of 70-90%.

• Like 2

Yes you are correct! I haven't droppred a call in over 12 months.. my phone always connected ether 4G lte or 3g (no band 41 or band 26). Texting & calling much better then on T-mobile

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes you are correct! I haven't droppred a call in over 12 months.. my phone always connected ether 4G lte or 3g (no band 41 or band 26). Texting & calling much better then on T-mobile

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I almost never had any calling issues with Sprint even before NV.

Horizontal integration is purchase of someone in the same business arena. Vertical integration is purchase someone up a business/supply chain. Time Warner is a content producing company, and T is a content provider company. Thus, monopolistic concerns are less in these acquisitions, but doesn't mean there aren't concerns with T and Time Warner merger. I expect this will sail through after rigorous review by regulators and intense lobbying efforts from T and Time Warner.

Paramount Pictures used to control a movies production, distribution and the exhibition (the theatre). In 1948, the Supreme Court ruled that level of vertical integration violated anti-trust. One could argue this merger could be a modern day version of this integration. Time Warner/ATT could in theory control HBO (production of a movie) and then only allow it to be shown on U-verse/ATT wireless devices.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Paramount_Pictures,_Inc.

• Like 1

Before calls were very bad in my area...

And then during nv it was even worse

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Of course calls got worse during Network Vision. Even Sprint said they were going to get worse before they got better. Post-Network Vision though, Sprint is consistently ranked at or near the top in call and text quality on Root Metrics.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Sprint calls are very nearly on par with V. Everywhere I go. Even in the NC mountains. And roaming calls ARE on V. But that is super rare. And quite free. So, what's the issue? Enough said.

Good for you.

Earnings Report for 2nd Quarter of Fiscal Year 2016 is in:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12357

Anyone joining the Conference Call today?

I see they lifted up the hood on 3CA in 8 cities. Stuff we already knew but glad to see they announced it. I'm in the Columbus market and haven't experienced it yet on my 7plus but that could explain as to why I lost b41 while at home but who knows.