Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

sorry for the confusion, mines also a gmo...

I do daily sprint zone reports and call/Tweet sprint about it. They finally launched b26 last week of two of my converted sites last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually made a comment via Twitter to the CEO and sprint care saying there needs to be a fill-in site

I have been getting band 25 very close to my house now And band 26 but it doesn't reach

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Marcelo did say " as more permits get approved, capex spending will go up". So maybe we will see a bigger push next year

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's different if they aren't pursuing permits in the first place. [emoji28]
  • Like 2

Satellite back haul? Aren't satellite based ISPs really slow? How will this work? I assume a jump in latency would be a given.

Quote from Gilat..

"Gilat addressed these challenges through cost effective embedded acceleration in the SkyEdge II-c hubs and terminals, which overcame the satellite latency issues to support the high speed requirements of 3G/LTE networks. The Capricorn-4 and Capricorn Pro VSATs, which support TDM/TDMA at 200Mbps, were designed explicitly to meet the 3G/LTE performance requirements."

Unless it's in an area where Sprint has high market share (urban), I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

I live only 45 minutes from New York City and I live in the central New Jersey Market

And yet Gilet/Sprint's announcement seems to be directly addressing this issue of getting LTE to these remaining sits and then some expansion.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about GMOs

Unless it's in an area where Sprint has high market share (urban), I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

Ya, this is very hard to say, but by the low capex and heavy small cell roll outs.

. I'm going to say over 2 to 3 year period maybe

T-MOBILE stated that 90 % of there traffic is on lte so there way ahead in that department

Sprint has a long way to go. Unless they discipline themselves and upgrade the remaining 3G only sites and continue their LTE efforts they will be in a lot of trouble they don't do that

• Like 1

And yet Gilet/Sprint's announcement seems to be directly addressing this issue of getting LTE to these remaining sits and then some expansion.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The original idea was that they were going to use wireless microwave back haul instead. Sprint doesn't have the capex to upgrade GMO 3G only sites in these rural/suburban areas where their market share doesn't justify the cost. It's still probably going to be 2-3 years after the fact before those sites get LTE.

Satellite back haul? Aren't satellite based ISPs really slow? How will this work? I assume a jump in latency would be a given.

Satellite backhaul can support 1+ Gbps. The ping depends on what kind of orbit the satellite is located low earth orbit can be as low as 150 milliseconds. It will not be good for urban settings but would be good for rural highway sites. They could have one satellite backhaul site and it using microwave to get more sites upto lte.

• Like 1

What happened to the idea of one macro feeding mini macros and small cells through microwave? Now it's going to satellite as well?

One thing we know with sprint is nothing is ever final until it's final.

I think the Macro/Mini/ Small plan is for more urban markets while sattelite is for more rural areas.

What happened to the idea of one macro feeding mini macros and small cells through microwave? Now it's going to satellite as well?

One thing we know with sprint is nothing is ever final until it's final.

That is an urban solution. This is a rural solution.

• Like 1

They started the year with Capex guidance of 4.5 billions then lowered to 3 billions, and now they won't even get near of that figure.

One of the things that I find funny is the fact that they keep talking the bs of lack

Of small cells permits for the low Capex. Last time I checked there are more than 20k macros without 8T8R radios.

Sprint is settling as a budget carrier, and that should concern the stockholders.

• Like 5

I am confused smh. Didn't sprint have some rural expansion plans announced last year or the year before?? Project ocean and cedar I wanna say the south a northwest?????

Project Ocean was mainly in Missouri and Illinois. A large number of former USCC sites were added to the network improving coverage in and around the St. Louis and Chicago metros, as well as parts of Central Illinois and northern Indiana.

Project Cedar is in Montana, and Sprint does have some sites online there, however it's more of a protection network than anything... putting the spectrum holdings to use so Sprint doesn't lose them.