Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

This needs to be blocked ASAP

Will they need to be broken apart and stay broken we need competition from Sprint and T-Mobile rooting for Sprint more or less. This Monopoly has to be stopped no matter what I hope the government acts it before it even happens

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Absolutely Agree with Both of You!

Absolutely Agree with Both of You!

The monopoly must be stopped or brought down and must be stopped I hope the government has enough common sense to stop it and fast

• Like 2

This is not AT&T buying Time Warner Cable. TWC was already bought by Charter. This is Time Warner the media company which owns HBO, CNN, etc. I do not see how this would have an effect on Sprint as Sprint does little business in media. This merger is similar to Comcast and NBC/Universal. It does signal that in the future there could be some changes in content delivery since you now have ISPs buying media corporations. Those carriage disputes we all see with cable could become more common with potentially exclusive content on other carriers. Although the courts did not allow a similar dispute in NY when Cablevision tried to prevent Verizon FiOS from getting the rights to MSG HD the home of the Knicks and Rangers.

• Like 4

This is not AT&T buying Time Warner Cable. TWC was already bought by Charter. This is Time Warner the media company which owns HBO, CNN, etc. I do not see how this would have an effect on Sprint as Sprint does little business in media. This merger is similar to Comcast and NBC/Universal. It does signal that in the future there could be some changes in content delivery since you now have ISPs buying media corporations. Those carriage disputes we all see with cable could become more common with potentially exclusive content on other carriers. Although the courts did not allow a similar dispute in NY when Cablevision tried to prevent Verizon FiOS from getting the rights to MSG HD the home of the Knicks and Rangers.

I guess this isn't too bad it probably gives them more power when negotiating deals.

Whatever it is it's official just saw it in breaking news. Let's see if it gets approved.

This will probably have a huge impact on the the Directv now streaming service that is coming soon.

It'll have a huge impact of on cable providers and companies like Netflix that deliver content from shows that Time Warner "owns".

So how long is it gonna be before AT&T just sorta runs out of cash?

Unlike T-Mobile and Sprint AT&T has billions upon billions upon billions of cash its disposal so it won't run out anytime soon

• Like 1

Unlike T-Mobile and Sprint AT&T has billions upon billions upon billions of cash its disposal so it won't run out anytime soon

At&t does not have the cash. There is 40 billion dollar loan (about 45%) involved in this transaction.
  • Like 1

The idea is that it'll pay off in the long term. This combined with DirectTV and their acquisition of Iusacell and Nextel Mexico sets AT&T up for growth down the road if/when there U.S. carrier business stops growing.

I foresee AT&T wireless carrier business growth slowing down in the near future

Basically if this deal goes thru, then every customer of a AT&T division will be seeing a price hike. So be prepared to be paying more for the same crap you got now.

With that even include cricket

Att customers will get HBO streams without data caps. They will own great media properties.

Att is thinking long term while Verizon is short sighted. Buying 1990s tech companies like AOL and Yahoo lol will do nothing. Att is deploying fiber gigabits where they face competition. Verizon made a, huge mistake selling the wireline divisions in many regions.

This basically will force Comcast to buy Tmobile and and maybe Sprint.

• Like 2

Att customers will get HBO streams without data caps. They will own great media properties.

Att is thinking long term while Verizon is short sighted. Buying 1990s tech companies like AOL and Yahoo lol will do nothing. Att is deploying fiber gigabits where they face competition. Verizon made a, huge mistake selling the wireline divisions in many regions.

Wouldn't that be considered a monopoly

Wouldn't that be considered a monopoly

You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

AJ

• Like 5

Hmm what does it mean...

A board game in which players engage in simulated property and financial dealings.

AJ

• Like 4

AT&T is a very smart company planning big things for their business. Although ny only concern with this deal is if it'll leave them with enough money to make another move at T-Mobile, something I really want them to do and think they will try to do eventually, in order to have their network nearly perfected

I seriously doubt Comcast will ever go after T-Mobile. My thinking is that Comcast and Verizon will merge eventually, as they have a close business relationship. Some high-profile analysts have speculated on this happening, and think its a match. So do I.

What is the proper wording for it ?

Horizontal/vertical integration and strategic or even anti competitive conglomeration do not necessarily equal monopoly.

AJ

• Like 1

Horizontal/vertical integration and strategic or even anti competitive conglomeration do not necessarily equal monopoly.

AJ

Ah ok thank you for the correction I appreciate it ...

• Like 1