Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

OK, I am looking around and Cricket's $50/month for unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data sounds pretty good, given that it is on AT&T's network. Sprint need to have non-unlimited plans available for some of us that are not data hogs...So let's hear some ideas. Here is mine: $40/for unlimited talk and text and 1GB, $45/2GB, $50/4GB

• Like 1

OK, I am looking around and Cricket's $50/month for unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data sounds pretty good, given that it is on AT&T's network. Sprint need to have non-unlimited plans available for some of us that are not data hogs...So let's hear some ideas. Here is mine: $40/for unlimited talk and text and 1GB, $45/2GB, $50/4GB

Here is what Sprint offers

600 mb 45

2 gig 50

Unlimited 60

They do have lower tiered plans!

Not to mention framily.

Tough to say.

But I think sprint can't afford to do that. They (sprint) are using their strong hold on capacity over bottom price.

Here is what Sprint offers

600 mb 45

2 gig 50

Unlimited 60

They do have lower tiered plans!

You mean family share pricing for the first two options right??

For one line there would be a $25 line charge for both which brings them to $60 and $75 respectively. This is even for new users as line fees are only waived at 20 GB or higher tiers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM

For one line there would be a $25 line charge for both which brings them to $60 and $75 respectively.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM

You don't have to have two lines. You can have just one.

For one line there would be a $25 line charge for both which brings them to $60 and $75 respectively.

You don't have to have two lines. You can have just one.

In other words 600 mb is 20+25=45

An aggressive b41 rollout similar or better than mobiles LTE rollout is the only way sprint is going to survive. It's gotta happen. 

I agreed. However, there are too many limits to cap the roll-out speed.

How many sites do Sprint and Clearwire own? I think it's less than 100,000 for sure. There is just too many regulation here to clear before upgrading the sites.

China mobile is working on their 2.5Ghz TDD from last year. They have finished 200,000 sites and is working on another 150,000 sites including many small cells.

It's just about how aggressive it needs to be. People here are upset 1.9Ghz or 2.6Ghz have problem to penetrate buildings. In big cities of China, China mobile is setting small cells in all decent office buildings to make sure you will have no problem to have full bars even in elevators.

Clearly there is no way for Softbank to pull a roll-out like China mobile is doing, even with Alibaba windfall. If you have that money to deploy more than 300,000 sites for TDD, you don't have to bother to tease Verizon or ATT. You can buy them if FCC approves.

Sprint has to rely on both Band26 and Band41 to succeed. They can't afford another 200,000 sites for Band41. They also put hope on 600mhz auction to get them the spectrum to save cost in deployment.

Verizon and ATT succeed on their 700mhz. If they have spectrum above 2Ghz only, even combined them together and all their cable/landline business, they still can't afford 300,000 sites.

Sprint is playing the game and sitting on the right turn to have competitors react.

Now Tmobile can't stay put anymore. They react by giving $45 plan for 2GB LTE data.

It's the time for Sprint to add more options into individual plans like $45 for 3GB and $50 for 4.5GB. Anyone use more than 4.5GB a month as individual should go to that $60 unlimited.

Tmobile is really upset that their $70 5GB and $80 unlimited plans were well taken care of by Sprint $60 unlimited. They don't want to bring down the unlimited because it will have to change the whole price structure.

So far Sprint is doing good to make their competitors got bothered a lot.

Maybe Marcelo is waiting for Verizon and ATT to respond then he will add more plan options into the current structure.

• Like 2

it's good to see Sprint make others react for once. John Legere is going to be throwing hands at Sprint at the next uncannier event, that's for sure. He can't stand seeing Sprint's reputation improve at all. It probably reminds him of what he did with T-Mobile reputation.

• Like 1

To be honest, I started thinking to switch my other line to Sprint from Verizon in 2015.

I think with all 3 bands up in many places and this on-going roll out, we should be in good shape nationwide in 2015 or say another 6 months.

To be honest, I started thinking to switch my other line to Sprint from Verizon in 2015.

I think with all 3 bands up in many places and this on-going roll out, we should be in good shape nationwide in 2015 or say another 6 months.

Yes!! Plus next year handsets will be unlocked, 700mhz support, and carrier aggregation.

I don't think that's attractive enough...the "doubleurdata" moto at $45 should be at least 4gb since unlimited is $60.

I would like to see a 2gb at $25-35 this would prolly create a lot of noise for low end users and texting teens.

I'm tellin' you guys, these Straight-Up plans are the way to go.. $20/30/40/50 /mo/line, depending on how much, if any, mobile data is needed. No more price discrimination between individual and family/group plans- KISS.

Looks like Sprint is going to first try asking another ~$10 over that though, while still charging extra for any tethering. I guess we'll soon find out if the public deems that "disruptive" enough.

• Like 1

They don't need 300,000 sites. I do think they need about 50-55,000.

Macro sites...yes...but I think that 300,000 China mobile number includes Pico cells too...

It's hard to believe that China has up to 300,000 sites because tat should be more than enough to cover their country end to end and they haven't come close to that yet.

It's not hard when you consider when China Mobile has more subscribers than the US have people.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe that China has up to 300,000 sites because tat should be more than enough to cover their country end to end and they haven't come close to that yet.

Their towers tend to be shorter than American towers so they need more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm tellin' you guys, these Straight-Up plans are the way to go.. $20/30/40/50 /mo/line, depending on how much, if any, mobile data is needed. No more price discrimination between individual and family/group plans- KISS.

Looks like Sprint is going to first try asking another ~$10 over that though, while still charging extra for any tethering. I guess we'll soon find out if the public deems that "disruptive" enough.

When you have a good network, or even improving one, the $45 for 3GB data is good enough as a start. And $55 for 5GB.

Those who looking for cheaper plan can go to prepaid. Sprint may react soon to tackle Tmobile $45 for 2GB plan.

I just saw a commercial advertising Sprint's new Family Share Plans.  Not quite as good/simple as the old black and white commercials that featured Sprint CEO Dan Hesse but, I liked how they are straight to the point. Probably a step in the right direction in regards to advertising.  :tu:

• Like 1