Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Balking at easy pay payments, when its essentially putting devices in hand for nothing, is lopsided.

pardon me but at no point did I "balk at easy pay payments."  the information you quoted was provided in the context of a discussion about enumerating all monthly payments for which Sprint customers would be responsible. 

Edited by Morningside78

I was hoping for 50 but this is still good. Im sure yearly upgrades will require the $5 add on though.

It does require the $5 add on. And more FAQ's are answered here.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_60_Unlimited_Plan/e8bc59f3-1893-4482-895a-38b7ed69ab65?INTNAV=SU:SprintFamilyunlimited:Wired:08182014:Learnmore

• Like 1

Here is the Sprint Individual Plan we've been waiting on.

• $60 unlimited plan.
  • Available to both new and existing Sprint Subscribers

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=11517

I can't wait to read the comments on fierce wireless. 

FAQ

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_60_Unlimited_Plan/e8bc59f3-1893-4482-895a-38b7ed69ab65?INTNAV=SU:SprintFamilyunlimited:Wired:08182014:Learnmore

Also, the fine print, enlarged with more legible color;

$60 Unlimited Plan: Includes unlimited domestic Long Distance calling, texting and data. Third-party content/downloads are add’l charge. Int’l svcs are not included. Pricing may vary for existing customers. Excludes discounted phones. Plan will appear on your bill as $30/Unltd Talk & Text and $30/UnlimitedData. Includes unlimited on-network data. Customers under a 1 or 2 year Service Agreement and moving to the Sprint $60 Unlimited plan have a higher monthly rate of up to $25/month until they reach upgrade eligibility. 

Early Upgrade for Easy Pay: Req. active add-on thru time of upgrade with min. 12 consecutive payments of both the buy up and an installment agreement for phones, new phone Installment Agreement, acct. in good standing, & give back of current eligible device in good & functional condition. After upgrade, remaining unbilled installment payments for giveback device are waived. No discounts apply. If you choose to not upgrade early, we will remove the $5 monthly option charge after your Sprint Easy Pay installment agreement is paid in full. 

Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB. Prohibited network use rules apply — see sprint.com/terms and conditions.

so, is everything data the only plans that are not specifically de-prioritizable?

Edited by dedub

Edit: Dang. Beaten to the post again.

You're falling down. You used to beat everyone with breaking news! :)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

So it is a bit more than we hoped for. Can anyone tell me why someone would do this instead of hopping on a framily plan for $45 unlimited?

Some people don't want to go through dealing with framily. And the security of knowing your payment will stay the same is nice. If 5 members hop off framily, your bill goes up. No fun. 

• Like 2

pardon me but at no point did I "balk at easy pay payments." the information you quoted was provided in the context of a discussion about enumerating all monthly payments for which Sprint customers would be responsible.

I am sorry the math offended you. That was not my intent.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Customers under a 1 or 2 year Service Agreement and moving to the Sprint $60 Unlimited plan have a higher monthly rate of up to $25/month until they reach upgrade eligibility. 

So kind of pointless to move from an ~$80 ED450 under contract, to a $60+25 = $85 until after your actual upgrade eligibility date.

edit;

Also interesting;

Sprint 3G network reaches over 281 million people. Sprint 4G LTE network reaches over 225 million people
Edited by dedub

FAQ

Also, the fine print, enlarged with more legible color;

so, is everything data the only plans that are not specifically de-prioritizable?

I'd say folks on the new family should get priority. As they are paying for it.

I'm OK with the new $60 unlimited plan. But I would have also included a $50 3GB plan and a $40 1GB plan. And maybe there are more individual plans less than unlimited, and I'm just not aware. But I guess those lesser capped plans are not good values knowing some of the Tmo prepaid plans out there.

• Like 6

I must say, at $50 we were talking yesterday this was a great plan. But even at $60 this is still a fantastic plan! I'm really impressed.

This doesn't mess up their "family share plan" offers like I was thinking it might at $50. And this is still significantly cheaper than any other post paid carriers.

• Like 2

are your messages even directed at me or someone else?

You used the words "pardon me, but" in a manner that could imply my statements were offensive to you. As offending you was hardly my intent, I aplogized.

Anyway, happy sprinting!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm OK with the new $60 unlimited plan. But I would have also included a $50 3GB plan and a $40 1GB plan. And maybe there are more individual plans less than unlimited, and I'm just not aware. But I guess those lesser capped plans are not good values knowing some of the Tmo prepaid plans out there.

Agreed

This also gives some wiggle room if a price war really heats up.

Since the billing is $30 for voice and $30 for data, I assume bucket plans might fit in still? Otherwise why break the pricing...

• Like 2

Well you can get a single line family shared 2 gig for 25+25.

And yes, we know this is not as good of a value as EDP 1500, with 4 unlimited lines. These are individual plans designed for one or possibly two lines. These are not family plans. And these are the lowest priced postpaid unlimited plans out there at the moment. Single line people have been screwed over the years. Now they have an inexpensive easy option, without trying to recruit friends.

Although, I may still try to join someone's nearly full Framily! That's still the best deal going.

• Like 10

They must've written this this morning.  They took a shot at magenta's recruiting offer in it.  

Edit:  Dang. Beaten to the post again. 

I wonder if they accelerated the announcement by a day once TMo made their's?

I believe that announcing the family plan first, and then waiting to announce the individual plan was intentional so that they could judge competitors reactions and adjust..

• Like 1

Anyone hear of any Hotspot includes with this? 

I could not find any mention, yet.

I doubt they will include though, probably the same extra 2/6gig hotspot plans.