Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

What is wide band b25? Is that markets where they can deploy 2 carriers?

FDD lte carriers of 15-20 mhz. In sprints case it's a 10x10+ 5x5 +5x5 or 5x5+5x5+5x5. You don't get the raw peak speeds but you get the same capacity as a wideband 15x15/20x20 market.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

$S up 6.59% right now

That's great news too, I've lost a good bit since I dove on Sprint stock at $4.90 a share...And shortly after I watched it plummet. Actually bought even more when it hit $3.89, thought it was finished dropping but it still came down even more. Hope to see it back around $5.50. But I'm not really sorting it either.

Sorting = shorting

(Edited)

FDD lte carriers of 15-20 mhz. In sprints case it's a 10x10+ 5x5 +5x5 or 5x5+5x5+5x5. You don't get the raw peak speeds but you get the same capacity as a wideband 15x15/20x20 market.

Sent from my Nexus 5

How will they do that without shutting down evdo? I can't imagine there are many markets capable of this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How will they do that without shutting down evdo? I can't imagine there are many markets capable of this.

mainly the uscc - revol spectrum acquisition markets . Minimum buffer for cdma is 10x10 mhz total. As long as that buffer exists everything else can be used for lte and is being refarmed at this moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

If everything you guys say is true.. why would vzw/att buy it...

We all agree data is the future.. 600 is for the future. They won't be able to deploy with small or macro sites everywhere or in every building. That's where the 600 will come into play as a way of protecting their future.

Technically they have enough spectrum for a long time but as we can start to see Verizon and AT&T are slowing down which we might see them start losing a lot more of these rootmetric tests.

This will probably be the last auction for awhile. Unless sprint buys other carriers that will solidify their own portfolio i dont see why they would let 600 go by...

mainly the uscc - revol spectrum acquisition markets . Minimum buffer for cdma is 10x10 mhz total. As long as that buffer exists everything else can be used for lte and is being refarmed at this moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Looking forward to the editorial/article that's coming, now I'm even happier to be in an area where USCC assets were acquired. Although the extra towers are quite nice too  :D .

I'd like to see some macro in rural...really looking forward to places like my area in central Alabama to hopefully get plastered with Sprint...the coverage map just ain't right here...but I've been loyal to Sprint for years, almost 8 now...I'm not leaving. I don't like change, even if I can take my number with me. It's more trouble than it's worth for me....

I still have Vonage at home for some reason, mostly because I like having the home number I've had in the phone book for 9 years now...I keep saying I'm letting Vonage go, but I just don't wanna let it go.

• Like 2

We all agree data is the future.. 600 is for the future. They won't be able to deploy with small or macro sites everywhere or in every building. That's where the 600 will come into play as a way of protecting their future.

Sprint is still playing like it won't participate to try to sway the FCC on spectrum reserve rules.  AT&T/Verizon are buying because they don't care about the spectrum reserve.

• Like 3

Cause they can afford it easily, implement it if they want or just sell it later, and investors are happy because boost in assets

Sent from my Nexus 5

Good deal. All and all though. How much of there network does this cover? 40% or less?

Good deal. All and all though. How much of there network does this cover? 40%

Some major and minor areas. Just primarily the USCC and revol markets and a handful of original sprint markets. Most sprint markets are either the 20 MHz to 30 mhz total pcs a-f variety . Either they get no 2nd b25 carrier or they get a second 5 mhz b25 carrier. 10 mhz carriers will be rare. Probably less than a dozen or two dozen major markets

Sent from my Nexus 5

Some major and minor areas. Just primarily the USCC and revol markets and a handful of original sprint markets. Most sprint markets are either the 20 MHz to 30 mhz total pcs a-f variety . Either they get no 2nd b25 carrier or they get a second 5 mhz b25 carrier. 10 mhz carriers will be rare. Probably less than a dozen or two dozen major markets

Sent from my Nexus 5

Every little bit helps.

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 5

My market has already confirmed 2nd b25 carrier.

So that sprint is #4 now I hope that john is happy. Now the real show is will they ramp up the promos to keep their spot or will they start to scale back and change their motive. The gap between sprint and T-Mobile is still not a big one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My market has already confirmed 2nd b25 carrier.

So that sprint is #4 now I hope that john is happy. Now the real show is will they ramp up the promos to keep their spot or will they start to scale back and change their motive. The gap between sprint and T-Mobile is still not a big one.

Funny I have not hear a word of Sprint moving to the #4 spot from John or anyone else. It may go to show that either no one noticed or no one cares.

Funny I have not hear a word of Sprint moving to the #4 spot from John or anyone else. It may go to show that either no one noticed or no one cares.

Still too early. John is on the west coast.

I was only going by a few the articles that are appearing now. But at the same time because it's not a large amount of them may go to show that no one cares too much. But if true T-Mobile loses the underdog title. Fcc won't care about their grievances either.

TMO shouldn't rest easy at #3, all Sprint needs to do is get USCC to that magical number, and boom Sprint will be #3 again... It's probably only a matter of time at this point ... 

• Like 5

TMO shouldn't rest easy at #3, all Sprint needs to do is get USCC to that magical number, and boom Sprint will be #3 again... It's probably only a matter of time at this point ...

I hope somehow Sprint gets U.S cellular and the others small rural carriers because that would put Sprint as their own 300 millions+ on coverage.

I never really cared about a merger with Tmobile since both networks overlap everywhere. Buying Tmobile would had not fix Sprint coverage where they lack it.

• Like 3

Every little bit helps.

Which is why I am still disappointed that they didn't buy the PCS spectrum that nTelos sold earlier this year. :wall:

• Like 1

I think Tmo's growth is good for all the little guys. Together, Tmo and Sprint now command more market share than they ever have in the history of their existence. If Tmo is able to continue to grow while Sprint holds steady or grows at a slower rate, it chips away at the big two and further socializes more and more Americans to consider a 2nd tier wireless carrier

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

IMHO, it's because it doesn't matter anymore and it doesn't affect Sprint's next steps. From what Marcelo said on the call, Sprint is working on getting the fundamentals right: Network, Leadership Team, Cost Reduction, Value Proposition, Funding Plan

The customers will come back in time. I do hope Sprint would consider matching T-Mobile's North American LTE Roaming and International Roaming offerings...

Of course, domestic LTE roaming through CCA and other partners should happen first.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is there somewhere its posted showing what markets can possibly receive it?